Warhammer FRP ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG: A Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay retroclone - Page 5
+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Well colour is always nice but they look a little bright and pretty not grim and perilous. Probably due to the slightly comic style and simple colouring.

Hard decision

ZWEIHÄNDER, A GRIM AND PERILOUS ROLEPLAYING GAME, WANTS YOU!

As I am closing in on the final touches of ZWEIHÄNDER, I have a handful of items I would like to finalize here in the next few weeks. Story Traits and Racial Traits are where a lot of the "color" of the system shines. I am looking for a couple of folks to take a look at what I have thus far and give criticisms and recommendations on these two items.

Here's what I am looking for from applicants:

1) You must be 21 years or older and not currently employed by Fantasy Flight Publishing Inc, Games Workshop Limited, Green Ronin Publishing LLC, Paizo Publishing LLC or Wizards of the Coast LLC directly or indirectly through its affiliates or d/b/a.
    2) You have GMed any edition of Warhammer and have played several other popular RPG products such as Burning Wheel, D&D or FATE. I would prefer familiarity with WFRPG 1e and 2e.
    3) Number crunchers welcome, but what I am really looking for is feedback on the narrative aspects of the traits.
    4) You have published free or paid RPG products in the past 10 years.
    5) Willingness to sign a playtest confidentiality agreement, as indicated here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...pKJB9iIXg/edit

Send all applications, along with a signed confidentiality agreement to mformoniker at gmail dot com. Those chosen will have their names added as contributors in the publication.

Best,
    Daniel
    Last edited by Moniker; Wednesday, 13th June, 2012 at 08:37 PM.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ø Block mhensley

ø Friend+
    I'd love to help. I can't wait to see this.
    Last edited by mhensley; Wednesday, 20th June, 2012 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    ZWEIHÄNDER, A GRIM AND PERILOUS ROLEPLAYING GAME, WANTS YOU!

As I am closing in on the final touches of ZWEIHÄNDER, I have a handful of items I would like to finalize here in the next few weeks. Story Traits and Racial Traits are where a lot of the "color" of the system shines. I am looking for a couple of folks to take a look at what I have thus far and give criticisms and recommendations on these two items.

Here's what I am looking for from applicants:

1) You must be 21 years or older and not currently employed by Fantasy Flight Publishing Inc, Games Workshop Limited, Green Ronin Publishing LLC, Paizo Publishing LLC or Wizards of the Coast LLC directly or indirectly through its affiliates or d/b/a.
    2) You have GMed any edition of Warhammer and have played several other popular RPG products such as Burning Wheel, D&D or FATE. I would prefer familiarity with WFRPG 1e and 2e.
    3) Number crunchers welcome, but what I am really looking for is feedback on the narrative aspects of the traits.
    4) You have published free or paid RPG products in the past 10 years.
    5) Willingness to sign a playtest confidentiality agreement, as indicated here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...pKJB9iIXg/edit

Send all applications, along with a signed confidentiality agreement to mformoniker at gmail dot com. Those chosen will have their names added as contributors in the publication.

Best,
    Daniel
    Thanks for the applications, all! I've got a good number of contributors, and now closing submissions.

Best,
    Daniel

ZWEIHÄNDER will be packaged with 61 Professions, all unique in their own way. Every Profession starts with a suggested "package" of investments during their Basic Tier, along with two unique Professional Traits.

As characters grow into their Intermediate and Advanced Tier, players can begin to distinguish their character's Profession from others by investing in Characteristics, Skills and Skill Traits based on the narrative the GM provides. The building blocks of the system opens up a customizable build for each character as they grow out of Basic Tier. This means that no two Bailiffs will look the same at Intermediate or Advanced Tier whatsoever. Players will make decisions based on the story, narration and personal events during the campaign to build and invest a wholly unique Profession of their own making, using the wealth of options presented in the book. No fiddly math, no fiddly bonuses - all Traits are unique from one another, providing both narrative and mechanical bonuses. This isn't D&D - it's clearly written for the grim and perilous crowd!

Some have already asked "how do I build the advanced careers already included in Warhammer?" It's very simply, as the system is designed with complete modularity. Essentially, you can invest in new Skills, Characteristic bumps and Skill Traits to fit the vision of your perfect career. Although you will be strongest in core abilities packaged with your Profession at Basic Tier, you can make experience point investments to create whatever type of career you want. ZWEIHÄNDER uses many modern RPG design principles, taking influence from a number of indie developers. It improves upon those that were poorly designed and balanced perfectly so that all players will have the same number of distinctions made available to them. ZWEIHÄNDER promises to be both familiar to those who've played and GMed in the Old World, yet unique in its application.

Without further ado, I present the complete Professions list in the core book:

Adherent
    Alchemist
    Animal Trainer
    Apothecary
    Artisan
    Astrologer
    Bailiff
    Barber Surgeon
    Beggar
    Berserker
    Bounty Hunter
    Busker
    Courtier
    Cavalier
    Charlatan
    Cutthroat
    Dragoon
    Drover
    Druid
    Footpad
    Forester
    Gambler
    Gaoler
    Gladiator
    Godsworn
    Graverobber
    Harrier
    Hedgewise
    Highwayman
    Huntsman
    Laborer
    Man at Arms
    Merchant
    Monk
    Partisan
    Peasant
    Penitent
    Pilgrim
    Prostitute
    Pugilist
    Rabblerouser
    Raconteur
    Rake
    Reaver
    Reeve
    Sailor
    Scholar
    Scout
    Sellsword
    Servant
    Slayer
    Smuggler
    Sorcerer
    Squire
    Swashbuckler
    Thief
    Troubadour
    Vagabond
    Valet
    Watchman
    Witch

edit - those of you who were patient enough to read to the end of this post get to see the final artwork for the Rake and the Godsworn: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34934670/17_72.jpg
    Last edited by Moniker; Wednesday, 27th June, 2012 at 09:29 PM.

Thanks to Jesse "Gitzman" Burke, ZWEIHÄNDER now has a beautiful two page character sheet!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34934670/ZWE...racterFull.pdf

In other news, development is almost complete. I have a final run-through of the intrigue mechanics, which will enhance the social encounter model ZWEI supports. If you've played the tabletop RPG A Song of Ice and Fire, it will feel very familiar. More on that soon.

Best,
    Daniel

That is a lovely sheet

ZWEIHÄNDER's website is now live! Additionally, check out the home page for an announcement on the "Living Ruleset", called Grim And Perilous!

HOME

Help us get the word out to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and Warhammer 40k fans! Join us over at our Facebook page to view daily updates from the designers and contributors to ZWEIHÄNDER Grim and Perilous. Every time we reach 100 Likes, we'll post a new piece of artwork from the core book.

Hop onto our Facebook page now to get a sneak peek at one of the many wonderful pieces of art from our resident artist Ger from Outland Entertainment! https://www.facebook.com/grimandperilous

This looks very cool.

+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply