ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG - a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay retroclone

Well colour is always nice but they look a little bright and pretty not grim and perilous. Probably due to the slightly comic style and simple colouring.

Hard decision

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
ZWEIHÄNDER, A GRIM AND PERILOUS ROLEPLAYING GAME, WANTS YOU!

As I am closing in on the final touches of ZWEIHÄNDER, I have a handful of items I would like to finalize here in the next few weeks. Story Traits and Racial Traits are where a lot of the "color" of the system shines. I am looking for a couple of folks to take a look at what I have thus far and give criticisms and recommendations on these two items.

Here's what I am looking for from applicants:

1) You must be 21 years or older and not currently employed by Fantasy Flight Publishing Inc, Games Workshop Limited, Green Ronin Publishing LLC, Paizo Publishing LLC or Wizards of the Coast LLC directly or indirectly through its affiliates or d/b/a.
2) You have GMed any edition of Warhammer and have played several other popular RPG products such as Burning Wheel, D&D or FATE. I would prefer familiarity with WFRPG 1e and 2e.
3) Number crunchers welcome, but what I am really looking for is feedback on the narrative aspects of the traits.
4) You have published free or paid RPG products in the past 10 years.
5) Willingness to sign a playtest confidentiality agreement, as indicated here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HTLjQ2LYIYHpLKeU-z5XqBkaRKQFpH1RkLpKJB9iIXg/edit

Send all applications, along with a signed confidentiality agreement to mformoniker at gmail dot com. Those chosen will have their names added as contributors in the publication.

Best,
Daniel

Last edited:

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
ZWEIHÄNDER, A GRIM AND PERILOUS ROLEPLAYING GAME, WANTS YOU!

As I am closing in on the final touches of ZWEIHÄNDER, I have a handful of items I would like to finalize here in the next few weeks. Story Traits and Racial Traits are where a lot of the "color" of the system shines. I am looking for a couple of folks to take a look at what I have thus far and give criticisms and recommendations on these two items.

Here's what I am looking for from applicants:

1) You must be 21 years or older and not currently employed by Fantasy Flight Publishing Inc, Games Workshop Limited, Green Ronin Publishing LLC, Paizo Publishing LLC or Wizards of the Coast LLC directly or indirectly through its affiliates or d/b/a.
2) You have GMed any edition of Warhammer and have played several other popular RPG products such as Burning Wheel, D&D or FATE. I would prefer familiarity with WFRPG 1e and 2e.
3) Number crunchers welcome, but what I am really looking for is feedback on the narrative aspects of the traits.
4) You have published free or paid RPG products in the past 10 years.
5) Willingness to sign a playtest confidentiality agreement, as indicated here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HTLjQ2LYIYHpLKeU-z5XqBkaRKQFpH1RkLpKJB9iIXg/edit

Send all applications, along with a signed confidentiality agreement to mformoniker at gmail dot com. Those chosen will have their names added as contributors in the publication.

Best,
Daniel

Thanks for the applications, all! I've got a good number of contributors, and now closing submissions.

Best,
Daniel

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
ZWEIHÄNDER will be packaged with 61 Professions, all unique in their own way. Every Profession starts with a suggested "package" of investments during their Basic Tier, along with two unique Professional Traits.

As characters grow into their Intermediate and Advanced Tier, players can begin to distinguish their character's Profession from others by investing in Characteristics, Skills and Skill Traits based on the narrative the GM provides. The building blocks of the system opens up a customizable build for each character as they grow out of Basic Tier. This means that no two Bailiffs will look the same at Intermediate or Advanced Tier whatsoever. Players will make decisions based on the story, narration and personal events during the campaign to build and invest a wholly unique Profession of their own making, using the wealth of options presented in the book. No fiddly math, no fiddly bonuses - all Traits are unique from one another, providing both narrative and mechanical bonuses. This isn't D&D - it's clearly written for the grim and perilous crowd!

Some have already asked "how do I build the advanced careers already included in Warhammer?" It's very simply, as the system is designed with complete modularity. Essentially, you can invest in new Skills, Characteristic bumps and Skill Traits to fit the vision of your perfect career. Although you will be strongest in core abilities packaged with your Profession at Basic Tier, you can make experience point investments to create whatever type of career you want. ZWEIHÄNDER uses many modern RPG design principles, taking influence from a number of indie developers. It improves upon those that were poorly designed and balanced perfectly so that all players will have the same number of distinctions made available to them. ZWEIHÄNDER promises to be both familiar to those who've played and GMed in the Old World, yet unique in its application.

Without further ado, I present the complete Professions list in the core book:

Adherent
Alchemist
Animal Trainer
Apothecary
Artisan
Astrologer
Bailiff
Barber Surgeon
Beggar
Berserker
Bounty Hunter
Busker
Courtier
Cavalier
Charlatan
Cutthroat
Dragoon
Drover
Druid
Footpad
Forester
Gambler
Gaoler
Gladiator
Godsworn
Graverobber
Harrier
Hedgewise
Highwayman
Huntsman
Laborer
Man at Arms
Merchant
Monk
Partisan
Peasant
Penitent
Pilgrim
Prostitute
Pugilist
Rabblerouser
Raconteur
Rake
Reaver
Reeve
Sailor
Scholar
Scout
Sellsword
Servant
Slayer
Smuggler
Sorcerer
Squire
Swashbuckler
Thief
Troubadour
Vagabond
Valet
Watchman
Witch

edit - those of you who were patient enough to read to the end of this post get to see the final artwork for the Rake and the Godsworn: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34934670/17_72.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Help us get the word out to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and Warhammer 40k fans! Join us over at our Facebook page to view daily updates from the designers and contributors to ZWEIHÄNDER Grim and Perilous. Every time we reach 100 Likes, we'll post a new piece of artwork from the core book.

Hop onto our Facebook page now to get a sneak peek at one of the many wonderful pieces of art from our resident artist Ger from Outland Entertainment! https://www.facebook.com/grimandperilous

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases