D&D 4th Edition The New D&D Next Official Site - Page 2




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Halivar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    2,618
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Halivar
    My communities:

    It would be unwise to cease making money for a year. It would decrease the likelihood of 5E actually getting written.

    My D&D Class:
    Lawful Good Human Paladin

    My Robin Law's Game Style:
    100% Method Actor, 100% Storyteller, 83% Butt-Kicker, 75% Specialist, 75% Power Gamer, 67% Tactician, 0% Casual Gamer

    Look what I made!
    OSRIC Henchmen Generator

    PBP Characters

    Darvus Andar, paladin (Living PF) - Currently in Return to Boar's Ridge


 

  • #12
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Tharian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    388
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Tharian
    My communities:

    Is anyone else having a hard time logging into the redesigned site? I click on the "Sign In" button and nothing happens.

  • #13
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ardoughter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North kerry
    Posts
    1,576
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore ardoughter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharian View Post
    Is anyone else having a hard time logging into the redesigned site? I click on the "Sign In" button and nothing happens.
    I have no problem.

  • #14
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    Kzach's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ringwood
    Posts
    4,222

    Ignore Kzach
    Quote Originally Posted by OpsKT View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks it might be in poor taste to still advertise Essentials as the what to buy if you're new to D&D when a new version is coming in a year?
    Yes.

    You are the only one.

  • #15
    Quote Originally Posted by OpsKT View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks it might be in poor taste to still advertise Essentials as the what to buy if you're new to D&D when a new version is coming in a year?
    Not really... My intro to D&D was with some random really late 2E boxed set called the "Adventure Set" (a rather decent intro to the game, THAC0 aside) that nobody ever seems to have heard of. A few months after I bought it, I got the newly released first print run 3E PHB. I think both products were even printed the same year (with that 25th anniversary logo). The edition whiplash didn't bug me at all. Actually, in my ignorance I just thought that the 'real' rules were vastly superior to the 'fake' rules from the box set.

  • #16
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    Echohawk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Madibeng
    Posts
    2,812
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Echohawk
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinBahamut View Post
    Not really... My intro to D&D was with some random really late 2E boxed set called the "Adventure Set" (a rather decent intro to the game, THAC0 aside) that nobody ever seems to have heard of.
    I know exactly which set you mean! This one:

    It was published in April 1999 (so a little more than a year before 3rd Edition) and it uses a version of the rules that isn't 2nd Edition, 3rd Edition or BECMI D&D, but its own unique hybrid.

    It's also the only version of D&D to include a creature called a "Xvarg", which presumably has the Special Ability:
    • Typographical error: This creature has the ability to change one letter of its name, to foil adventurers' efforts to use knowledge skills to identify it.

  • #17
    Aasimar Aardvark COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

    TarionzCousin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    4,936
    PlanescapeCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore TarionzCousin
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Echohawk View Post
    I know exactly which set you mean! This one:

    It was published in April 1999 (so a little more than a year before 3rd Edition) and it uses a version of the rules that isn't 2nd Edition, 3rd Edition or BECMI D&D, but its own unique hybrid.
    I've never heard of this! Where can I learn more about it? The rpg geek link has no real info.

    Edit: Specifically, where can I learn about the rules?
    Last edited by TarionzCousin; Thursday, 23rd February, 2012 at 02:44 AM.
    Rose City Regulars - ENWorld Gamers in and around Portland, Oregon, USA

  • #18
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Nebten's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visalia, CA
    Posts
    1,720

    Ignore Nebten
    My communities:

    I own it. It is very basic 2nd edition AD&D (even though is says its just D&D). Comes with pre-made PCs, basic adventure and some handouts. Is there anything in particular you want to know? Trust me, you aren't missing out on anything.

  • #19
    Aasimar Aardvark COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

    TarionzCousin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    4,936
    PlanescapeCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore TarionzCousin
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebten View Post
    I own it. It is very basic 2nd edition AD&D (even though is says its just D&D). Comes with pre-made PCs, basic adventure and some handouts. Is there anything in particular you want to know? Trust me, you aren't missing out on anything.
    What does it incorporate from 3E?
    Rose City Regulars - ENWorld Gamers in and around Portland, Oregon, USA

  • #20
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Nebten's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visalia, CA
    Posts
    1,720

    Ignore Nebten
    My communities:

    Nothing at all. Its all 2nd edition rules: THAC0, roll above a # for Saving Throws (it only gives 1 number though). Some of the rules are simplified, but its all AD&D. I even have a coupon that gives me 10% off for the black boarder PHB & DMG when I to to store.wizards.com and use the code world "halfling." Sadly, the offer ended 12/31/99.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. 4e FAQs on the official help site
      By kerbarian in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: Saturday, 7th June, 2008, 01:18 AM
    2. New official Hunt:Rise of Evil site
      By Mystic Eye in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: Wednesday, 6th November, 2002, 03:26 AM
    3. Official D&D site: PC Portraits Online
      By Weeble in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th June, 2002, 05:37 PM
    4. (Mongoose) Official 2000AD RPG Web Site
      By Mongoose_Matt in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Saturday, 25th May, 2002, 06:27 AM
    5. (Mongoose) Official 2000AD RPG Web Site
      By Mongoose_Matt in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Tuesday, 21st May, 2002, 06:59 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •