D&D 4th Edition Adventure: Three Queens in Allaria (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Covaithe) - Page 13




What's on your mind?

  1. #121
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ignore BenBrown
    "Well, if it's goblins you want," Ismene says, "make a sweep to the north east. Carlotta can go with you if you need a guide. I hope we've scared 'em all off, but if not, happy hunting."

    Carlotta, a tall woman in camouflaged hide armor with a sword at her hip nods to the group.

    "Ready?" she asks, then leads the way into the forest.

    GM: Sorry again for the slow pace. Tendonitis sucks. And now on-line compendium is broken, which makes the next encounter hard to do.
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

 

  • #122
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904

    Ignore Mewness
    Pharodeys nods slightly and marches stiffly after Carlotta without any further preparation.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #123
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    536

    Ignore bluesfella
    Zardi follows closely behind Pharodeys.

  • #124
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    794

    Ignore rb780nm
    My communities:

    Sound of Stone skitters after the others.

  • #125
    Tyris follows the others, keeping to the trees and shadows whenever possible.
    Vander (Pixie Monk 6), Graven (Warforged Swordmage|Wizard 3), Everlin (Human Skald 3)

  • #126
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ignore BenBrown
    Carlotta says very little as she leads the way through the forest, though she obviously knows the path well. After an hour or two of hiking, having encountered nothing more dangerous than a startled badger, the group descends into a heavily thicketed part of the woods.

    "Stream up ahead," Carlotta says, and the faint trickling sound can indeed be heard through the woods.

    perception 21
    There is another sound, too: faint and hard to hear over the sound of the stream, but it sounds like someone speaking.
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #127
    Perception
    Tyris pauses and motions for the others to stop. He points to his ear, than ahead toward the river, then back to his mouth.
    Vander (Pixie Monk 6), Graven (Warforged Swordmage|Wizard 3), Everlin (Human Skald 3)

  • #128
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904

    Ignore Mewness
    Pharodeys stops to listen.

    Telepathy to Tyris
    "And have you after all decided against mind-speech?"

    "There is a voice," she says aloud, and falls silent again, trying to hear.

    perception success
    Perception DC 20
    14(1d20) +10 = 24


    Copied the DC wrong, but still a success.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #129
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Tenchuu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,613

    Ignore Tenchuu
    OOC: Perception roll: 12

    Jarro pauses, and turns his head in that direction, bear hears nothing. Perhaps his dreads muffled the sound. "Eh?"


    L4E Character: Jin | Pic | Token

  • #130
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    536

    Ignore bluesfella
    Zardi barely even notices the others have stopped to listen, so he just kind of slows down and finally stops when it becomes obvious the others heard something. He raises one eyebrow, and strains to hear, but does not notice anything other than the normal sounds of the jungle.
    Perception check

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)
      By jsb420 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 796
      Last Post: Monday, 26th March, 2012, 01:13 AM
    2. Replies: 795
      Last Post: Monday, 2nd January, 2012, 04:46 PM
    3. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    4. Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)
      By BenBrown in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 428
      Last Post: Sunday, 23rd May, 2010, 05:20 AM
    5. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 04:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •