D&D 4th Edition Adventure: Three Queens in Allaria (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Covaithe) - Page 2




+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 331
  1. #11
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    ° Ignore BenBrown
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchuu View Post
    Spider follows along.
    OOC: My googling/searching has failed. I didn't know themes existed until today, and I assume they are now allowed in L4e? Is there a page that outlines the rules here.
    OOC: There's been a couple of threads about themes. Here's the proposal thread. I can take 'em or leave 'em, personally, but I wanted to be sure everyone's on the same level.
    Last edited by BenBrown; Saturday, 25th February, 2012 at 03:38 PM.
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

 

  • #12
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904

    ° Ignore Mewness
    OOC: Pharodeys has one but I wouldn't use it unless it was cool with the other players anyway (it involves my making die rolls in advance for another character; if you really hate the sound of that and don't want me to do it to you, tell me so).
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #13
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    536

    ° Ignore bluesfella
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBrown View Post
    GM: By the way, I've noticed that Tyris and Zardi have large amounts of cash lying around. If you want to equip up before the adventure starts in earnest, please feel free to do so.
    OOC: Good idea - I picked up a set of Acrobat's Boots and an Everburning Torch. Thanks!

  • #14
    Quote Originally Posted by VanderLegion View Post
    OOC: Would Garrote Strangle be considered a grab attack for the purposes of Wrestler's Gloves (+1 bonus to grab attacks)?
    OOC: Anyone know the answer to that (Guess I could always go ask in the discussion thread...). If it works, I'll pick those up, otherwise I'll save the cash for later
    Vander (Pixie Monk 6), Graven (Warforged Swordmage|Wizard 3), Everlin (Human Skald 3)

  • #15
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    ° Ignore BenBrown
    Mallaby leads the group down to the harbor, and out on to a pier where an elderly, but sturdy looking ship is tied up. A bemused looking ox is being hoisted aboard via a crane, and several of its fellows mill about on the dock. Sailors not involved in the hoisting watch the process stoically. Writing along the gunwales near the front of the ship proclaim its name to be Calm Digger.

    Seeing Mallaby arrive, a young man approaches, wearing a new-looking helmet on his head and bearing a large crossbow slung across his back.

    "Ah, Master Sven," Mallaby says. He turns to those who have been following him. "This is Master Sven, who is in charge of the wagons for this expedition. Master Sven, is everything ready?"

    "Yes, Lord Mallaby!" Sven replies cheerfully. "The supplies are loaded on board, and there is plenty of space for them, so it didn't take much ingenuity to pack them in tightly, but that's no excuse for sloppiness, and I know sailors like to have their cargo tied down securely in case of storms. They're in with the ship's supplies for the voyage, which if we aren't delayed should be enough to get us to Allaria and them back without having to buy anything there. The drivers on board helping with the oxen, which, as you can see, are being loaded now. We're all ready to go!"

    "Good, good. Ah, here comes the captain now. Captain Gadus, is all in readiness?"

    A balding, bearded, barefooted man approaches, rolling gently with a sailor's walk.

    "Aye," he says. "Tide's high in an hour, then we cast off." He looks over the assembled party, appraising them, but reveals no signs of any conclusions he comes to.

    "Then may my friends come aboard?" Mallaby asks.

    "Aye," the captain says again.

    "Then, my friends, I wish you good luck on your voyage. Master Sven, keep the wagons well. Master Sarak, Master Zardi, Master Tyris, and you, Master Sound of Stone, I know I can trust you to keep everything and everyone safe." He hands his rolled up map and a thick envelope to Spider. "This is a letter for Ismene, which I put into your capable hands. I, alas, will not be accompanying you, but I will follow on when I can, with more supplies. Again, good luck to you all, and may the blessings of the gods go with you."

    Mallaby turns and heads back down the dock, to where a carriage has pulled up. Behind gauzy curtains a shapely feminine form is half-visible in the looming twilight.

    "Well," says Sven, "Let's get on the ship. I'll show you where things are."
    OOC: Sorry about the delay.
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #16
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    ° Ignore BenBrown
    The passenger quarters--such as they are--have a somewhat low ceiling, but are roomy enough otherwise although there's very little light and the place smells distinctly of fish. The crew is efficient, and as the tide turns, the ship moves away from the pier and out into the harbor.

    The voyage is as uneventful as sea voyages in the shifting seas ever are. While the vessel is being used for transport rather than fishing, the crew still watches the waters for signs of a plentiful catch, and a few long lines are tossed over the stern, which come up with a nice selection of medium-sized game fish, which the ship's cook turns into a pleasantly steaming and tasteful chowder.

    The voyage takes no more than a few weeks, and the Calm Digger soon approaches the harbor of Ristaren on the coast of Allaria. The ship steers cautiously into the port, and after a short conversation between the captain and the pilot, is allowed to pull up to the quay. Ristaren is a small port, on the edge of prosperity. As the crew begins unloading the cargo and hoisting the oxen out of the hold, everyone else is able to go ashore.

    An exquisitely carved marble statue of a beautiful woman stands incongruously at the edge of the quay.
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #17
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    536

    ° Ignore bluesfella
    Zardi steps out onto dry land, and looks around him. He briefly considers kissing the ground, as he doesn't particularly like sea travel, but quickly puts that notion to rest.

    It would be unbecoming, he thinks, for a Goliath of his stature to expose such a "weakness" like that. Instead, he mutters something indistinct about "preffering the stability of his mountan home" and wanders off to look at the statue.

  • #18
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    794

    ° Ignore rb780nm
    Sound of Stone is clearly overjoyed to be back on stable ground. Clattering his mandibles, he leaps after Zardi.

  • #19
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904

    ° Ignore Mewness
    The statue is made in the style of the old Imperium. The figure is life-size, beautiful in an old-fashioned way, with a long but very straight nose, a high, smallish bosom, a slightly plump figure, and long, wavy hair. She is wearing a light corselet and holding a small, ceremonial spear.

    As Zardi approaches, the statue turns its head and regards him with a serene expression.

    Pharodeys
    Pharodeys Female Human Living Statue Shaman 3
    Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 20, Senses: Normal
    AC:18, Fort:14, Reflex:15, Will:16; Resist 5 psychic
    HP:36/36, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:9/9
    Action Points: 1
    totemic javelin +4 vs. AC; 1d6+1 damage
    totemic javelin +4 vs. AC; 1d6+1 damage
    Call Spirit Companion, Spiritĺs Wrath, Spirit Infusion, Word of Battle
    [o] Scorching Sands
    [o] Sly Fox Spirit
    [o] Dimensional Scramble
    [o] Cast Fortune
    [o] Shard Swarm
    [o] Speak with Spirits
    [o] [o] Healing Spirit
    [o] Second Wind

    [o] Spirit of the Healing Flood
    [o] Spirit of the Great Cat
    [o] Skaldĺs Armor Daily


    Conditions:

    Full sheet: Pharodeys
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #20
    Tyris follows the others off of the boat, then misses a step when the statue moves unexpectedly.

    OOC: Edit: character name
    Last edited by VanderLegion; Sunday, 4th March, 2012 at 05:35 AM.
    Vander (Pixie Monk 6), Graven (Warforged Swordmage|Wizard 3), Everlin (Human Skald 3)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)
      By jsb420 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 796
      Last Post: Monday, 26th March, 2012, 01:13 AM
    2. Replies: 795
      Last Post: Monday, 2nd January, 2012, 04:46 PM
    3. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    4. Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)
      By BenBrown in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 428
      Last Post: Sunday, 23rd May, 2010, 05:20 AM
    5. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 04:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •