D&D 4th Edition Adventure: Three Queens in Allaria (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Covaithe) - Page 4





+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 331
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBrown View Post
    GM: The terrain is open at first, but will give way to forest after the first day's travel. It's mostly rolling hills throughout, growing marginally more rugged as you approach your destination.
    OOC: In that case, I'll stick with the carts/the rest of the party for the first day, and stealth along among the trees after we hit forest. Considering the carts are pulled by oxen, I'm assuming I shouldn't run into any landspeed issues doing that
    Vander (Pixie Monk 6), Graven (Warforged Swordmage|Wizard 3), Everlin (Human Skald 3)

 

  • #32
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904

    ° Ignore Mewness
    OOC: Maybe Tyris could hide in a cart.

    I think Pharodeys will ride with the driver on the middle cart, as she's got a fair bit of range.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #33
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    536

    ° Ignore bluesfella
    OOC: Maybe Spider and Zardi should walk on opposite sides...

  • #34
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    794

    ° Ignore rb780nm
    OOC: Submissified!

  • #35
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    ° Ignore BenBrown
    GM: Please keep thinking about positioning. Mostly I need to know who's in front of the carts and who's elsewhere. Since it doesn't have immediate bearing, let's move on.

    The first day's ride is through cultivated fields, with a few little villages dotting the landscape. By the end of the day, though, the last village has passed, and early on the morning of the second day, the party enters a path through the woods. The road is an old one, straight, wide, and paved with what were once well-fitted stones. In the years since the fall of the old Allarian Empire, weathering, overgrowth, and the occasional local on the lookout for free masonry has reduced the quality of the road somewhat, but it still runs straight, and is more even than the land around it. The trees were once cut back away from the road, and though the forest has advanced into the cleared area, it is only rarely that the trees overhang the road itself. The caravan encounters no danger on this part of the trip. The wild beasts of the forest leave well enough alone, and any bandits are apparently wary of the array of weaponry the party carries.

    A few days in, the caravan comes upon the Bramble Scar. Though it has been bridged here, by an arched bridge of stout timbers, the Scar still encourages a sense of unease. Straight as an arrow's flight--even straighter than the road, it cuts across this part of the continent like an unhealed gash, its bottom a tangle of blood red stiff vines with ominous looking barbs on them. From the bridge, though, the caravan is safe, and the oxen and carts are gotten across with little difficulty.

    Beyond the scar, the land rises. It is here that the party enters the area on Lord Mallaby's map. The road is less straight here, curving to the right and left, dodging hills. As the carts trundle through a gap cut out long ago between two hills, a woman steps awkwardly out from the trees on the right of the road, and stares at the party with distant eyes, as if looking through them.

    "You must come no further," she says in a hollow voice. "Do not trespass on the queen's land."

    She stands there, swaying slightly for a second, then blinks a few times, and then steadies herself as her eyes focus. She looks at the warriors before her as if she did not see them a moment before.

    "I..." she says, then her eyes roll up in her head and she collapses into a heap in the middle of the road.
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #36
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904

    ° Ignore Mewness
    OOC: I suggest Spider and Zardi in front and Sound of Stone to one side if there's room beside a cart. Pharodeys riding with the middle driver, and Tyris either hidden to one side if the terrain allows, or in a cart if it doesn't.


    Pharodeys stands up to get a better look ... and promptly falls off the cart she's riding on. Fortunately, she rolls to one side before getting trampled. (Despite the grace of her form, she is remarkably clumsy.) Unhurt, she picks herself up and moves to examine the fallen woman.

    crappy Heal check
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewness View Post
    OOC: I suggest Spider and Zardi in front and Sound of Stone to one side if there's room beside a cart. Pharodeys riding with the middle driver, and Tyris either hidden to one side if the terrain allows, or in a cart if it doesn't.
    OOC: Works for me
    Vander (Pixie Monk 6), Graven (Warforged Swordmage|Wizard 3), Everlin (Human Skald 3)

  • #38
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    ° Ignore BenBrown
    The woman is alive, but unconscious. Her breathing is regular and in general she appears to have fallen into a deep sleep. Her clothing is of the sturdy peasant-made type, rather worn, but not ragged, and she is rather unkempt in general. Her age is perhaps in her mid-thirties, but it's hard to tell as she has a weatherbeaten look that indicates a hard life.
    Perception DC 13
    There are scars around her wrists and ankles, which indicate she has been shackled for an extensive period at some point in her life.
    "Is she all right?" Sven asks. "I can move some stuff around on the carts if we want to have a place for her to lie down. The top of cart 2 has loose bags up on top, and I can move some of the blankets up there if we want more padding. According to the map, we don't have far to go before we reach the bridge."
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #39
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904

    ° Ignore Mewness
    "I see no recent injuries," says Pharodeys. "She is asleep." Bending down, she shakes the woman gently in an effort to rouse her, and sends her a telepathic message for good measure: Wake up!

    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #40
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    536

    ° Ignore bluesfella
    Zardi stands next to Pharodeys and examines the girl. Seeing her wrists, he calls out to Spider. "Spider...I think she is a slave. Be on the lookout for her masters."

    He then bends down and takes a strange red leaf from one of his little satchels and breaks it in half under her nose. He looks confused for a moment, and then with a shrug says "It must have lost it's potency".

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)
      By jsb420 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 796
      Last Post: Monday, 26th March, 2012, 01:13 AM
    2. Replies: 795
      Last Post: Monday, 2nd January, 2012, 04:46 PM
    3. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    4. Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)
      By BenBrown in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 428
      Last Post: Sunday, 23rd May, 2010, 05:20 AM
    5. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 04:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •