Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord).

Luinnar

First Post
Thieves! Murderers! Filth! Kill them all! the ghostly women shrieks, voice holding no hint of sanity. She glides over and screams at Jax, Quagmire and Uncle Jaz, knocking the senses out of Jax while the other two plug their ears in just time.

The ghostly warriors stab at the party with their spears, but only one connects with Sir ExSixTen.

Three more ghosts glide through the floor. One appears next to Brenn who takes its large claws and nearly slices the elf in two. Another shoots a dark inky blast of necrotic energy at Dorn binding him in place, while the last shoots a dark bolt at Quagmire crippling him with its power.

[sblock=actions]
Samantha: Move: N19
Standard: Despairing screech close blast 5 east
rolls
Jax:25 vs fort hit for 34 thunder damage and Jax is dazed (save ends)
Quagmire:20 vs fort miss
Uncle Jaz:21 vs fort miss

Ghost Warrior 1:
Spirit spear vs Sir ExSixTen: 28 vs ref hit for 27 damage

Ghost Warrior 2:
Move:Stand up
Spirit spear vs Jax:miss
Ghost Warrior takes 21=18=39 cold damage from Jax's retaliate attack.

Ghost Warrior 3:
Standard: Charge Quagmire with Spirit spear
crit miss

Ghostly Terror 1:
Move:Through the floor to P9 Ghostly terror gets +2 to defenses, +2 to attack and +3d6 to damage EONT
Standard:Inky blast close burst blast 5 north
rolls
Dorn:28 vs fort hit for 46 necrotic damage, Dorn takes 10 ongoing necrotic damage and is immobilized (save ends both)
Andras: missed

Ghostly Terror 2:
Move:Through the floor to O6 Ghostly terror gets +2 to defenses, +2 to attack and +3d6 to damage EONT
Standard:Spirit touch vs Brenn crit 8+8+8+8+6+6+6+6=56 necrotic damage.
Piercing Malice: miss

Ghostly Terror 3:
Move:Through the floor to Q21 Ghostly terror gets +2 to defenses, +2 to attack and +3d6 to damage EONT
Standard:piercing Malice vs vs Quagmire 37 vs will 37 damage Quagmire is slowed (save ends).

[/sblock]
[sblock=Combatants]
Samantha:
HP
273; Bloodied 137
AC
29; Fortitude 28; Reflex 28; Will 29
Immune
disease, poison;
Saving Throws
+2; Action Points 1
MBA:
Attack:
+16 vs. Reflex
Hit:
4d10 + 9 necrotic damage.

Ghost Warrior:
HP
185; Bloodied 93
AC
25; Fortitude 27; Reflex 24; Will 23
Immune
disease, poison;
MBA:
Attack: Reach 2; +13 vs. Reflex
Hit:
4d10 + 11 damage.
Ghost Warrior 1: 185/185, marked EONT
Ghost Warrior 2: 133/185, 5 vulnerability to cold TENT Jax.
Ghost Warrior 3: 185/185

Ghostly Terror:
HP
140; Bloodied 70
AC
27+2; Fortitude 23+2; Reflex 25+2; Will 26+2
Immune
disease, poison;
MBA:

Attack:
+16 vs. Reflex;
Hit:
5d8 + 6 necrotic damage.
Ghostly Terror 1:140/140
Ghostly Terror 2:140/140
Ghostly Terror 3:140/140

Sir ExSixTen:96/116
Dorn: 52/93, 10 ongoing necrotic damage and is immobilized (save ends both)
Jax:54/88, dagger deals 1d6 damage, dazed (save ends)
Andras:81/81
Quagmire: 45/82, slowed (save ends).
Brenn: 76/76
Uncle Jaz: 91/91
[/sblock]

[sblock=Uncle Jaz]
Uncle Jaz (Male Kobold Thief) Level 13 Elite Skirmisher Small
HP 91; Bloodied 46
AC
27; Fortitude 25; Reflex 29; Will 24
Speed
Saving Throws
+2; Action Points 1
Initiative
+17 Perception +19

Traits:
Sneak Attack

Enemies granting combat advantage to Jaz take an extra 3d6 damage once per round.

Masterful Action

When spending an AP with an attack power and with combat advantage against the target, Jaz can use his sneak attack against the target regardless of if he used it this turn.

Standard Actions:
(Note: Jaz does not have to reload his crossbow).
RBA: Custom Made Hand Crossbow • At-Will
Attack:
Ranged 5; +18 vs. AC
Hit:
1d8 + 8.

Standard Actions:
MBA: Dagger
Attack:
Melee 1; +18 vs. AC
Hit:
1d4

Move Actions:
Technical Trick • At-Will

Effect:
Jaz moves up to his speed and does not draw OA. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to him.

Trapmaker's Trick • At-Will

Effect:
No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to defenses until the end of Jaz's next turn.

Coward's Trick • At-Will

Effect:
No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to hit until the end of Jaz's next turn.

Minor Actions

R Sneak in the Attack • Encounter
Effect:
Ranged 5 Until the start of Jaz's next turn the first ally's attack with CA that hits the target deals an extra 3d6 damage to the targeted enemy.

Shifty • At-Will

Effect:
Jaz shifts 1 square.

Free Actions:

Backstab • Encounter

Effect:
Jaz gains an extra +3 power bonus to hit and the enemy takes an extra 2d6 damage if it hits.

Triggered Actions:

It's a Trap! • Encounter

Requirements:
An enemy hits Jaz with a melee attack.
Effect (Immediate Reaction):
Jaz shifts 5 squares and makes an RBA against the target.

Skills
Acrobatics +20, Athletics +12, Dungeoneering +12, Insight +12, Stealth +20, Streetwise +12, Thievery +20

Alignment:
unaligned Languages: Common, Draconic
[/sblock]
[sblock=Terrain]
Treasure is difficult terrain.

The side areas with the jars and statues cannot be moved into.

As a move action you can pick up 100 gold pieces when adjacent to the treasure pile.

The jars can be picked up as a move action and either used as a +3 melee or +3 ranged weapon, dealing 3d6 + str or dex damage, breaking them and scattering gold all over.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• vsthemotherinlaw2.jpg
    vsthemotherinlaw2.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Even as the ghostly creature rose from the floor, Brenn stepped back out of reach.

OOC: Weave through the fray: Immediate interrupt (an opponent moves adjacent to Brenn)- shift 4 squares to M3

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Stand tall lads! This is nothing compared to what we've faced before!" Andras bellows. The genasi is practically a beacon of inspiration, radiating both focus and confidence.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Legacy Undying. Andras and each ally within 5 gain thp equal to half my remaining surges, aka 18.
Move->Minor: Inspiring Word on Dorn, who heals surge + 9
Standard: Lady Luck Smiles vs Ghost Warrior 2. Hits AC 26 for 20 damage. Until the end of my next turn, allies within 5 squares can roll twice when making melee or ranged attack rolls, naturally choosing the higher result.
[MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION] would you be able to Weave Through the Fray towards Andras rather than away? You'd gain 18 thp.

If an enemy misses Andras with a melee attack, I'll use Disciplined Counter. +17 vs AC, on a hit 2d10+10 damage and slide them two squares out of melee with me and towards Exsixten, and the enemy grants CA until the end of my next turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Andras's mini-stats]Andras genasi Warlord/Captain of Fortune 12
Initiative: +18 | Passive perception: 26 | Passive Insight: 26
AC: 27 | For: 29 | Ref: 26 | Will: 25
HP: 81/81+18 | Bloodied: 40 | Surge value: 20 | Surges: 9/9
Resist: 10 Fire
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +17 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +18 vs AC, 1d10+10 damage
Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Direct the Strike
Insightful Warning, Staggering Shot, On My Mark, Lady Luck Smiles, Disciplined Counter
Relentless Wounding, Create Opportunity, Coordinated Assault
Firedeath, Inspiring Word (1/2), Shake It Off, Reorient the Axis, Unintended Feint, Favored Fortune
Rebounding Longbow, Boots of the Fencing Master, Feytouched Armor, Boar Tusk Helm, Legacy Undying

Skirmishing Presence:
When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift five squares before or after the attack.

Conditions:
Allies w/in 5 roll twice on melee and ranged attack rolls

[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
COMPANIONS, IF YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS ALIVE, WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T DIE!

SIR EXSIXTEN IS IRRESISTIBLE TO MONSTERS, JUST GET THEM NEXT TO HIM AND YOU'LL SEE!

OOC: If anyone can slide any of the enemies within 3 of O18, I'll be able to mark them and/or pull them to me. I'll wait until a couple others have gone so I can get as many as possible with Come and Get It.

nerdytenor

First Post
OOC: I was going to use Narrow Escape but Andras did such I good job healing Dorn up that I'll save it for next turn. Dorn heals to 84/93 with 18TMP hp. He will likely use Narrow escape next time he is hit, however. Hopefully Dorn will have a good chance to go Nova next turn, granting allies +3 to hit for one turn.

Dorn feels the life slowly drain from him as he is rooted in place (Dorn takes 10 necrotic damage start of turn). He steels himself, his skin darkening (Variable Resistance: resist 10 necrotic until end of encounter) as he prepares to strike back. His mind screams bloody murder at the ghosts nearby, and one is sent flying (Bedevilling burst hits Terror 1, misses terror 2. Terror 1 takes 19 psychic damage, 1 furious assault damage, and slides to O15. Dorn makes his save. ).

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer/Demon-Soul Adept 13

Immediate Reactions:
If hit, use Narrow Escape to take 1/2 damage and teleport away

Current Effects:
+1 AC from even roll.
resist 10 necrotic, ignore 10 necrotic resistance
Enemies need 1 extra square of movement to move adjacent to Dorn

Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 15
AC 26, Fort 24, Reflex 24, Will 27 (base defenses)
HP +18TMP 74/93 Bloodied 46 Surge Value 23, Surges 6/7
Speed 7, Initiative +14
Action Points: 1

Notes
Daily Wild Soul: psychic
Dorn starts each combat with 5 tmp hp (from Fey Blessed Circlet)
Dorn has CA on surprise round and against enemies with lower init 1st round
Dorn uses the raw d20 (no mods) for all even/odd effects
Dorn scores a crit on 19 or 20
Dorn gets CA against enemies that are being flanked by his allies
When an enemy crits Dorn, Dorn can crit that enemy on a roll of 17-20 TENT
When using a close arcane attack power, Dorn can choose a square within 2 as the origin

Encounter Resources
Primordial Storm
Demon-Soul Bolts
USED Bedeviling Burst
Spark Form
USED Furious Assault (no action)
Lightning Shift (move)
USED Variable Resistance (minor)
Narrow Escape
Periapt of Cascading Health (minor)
Half-Orc Resilience (no action)
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Chromatic Orb
Moon and the Stars
Winds of Change
Demonic Wrath (minor)
Gambit Armor (minor)
Luckblade Dagger
Deep Shroud (minor)
Diamond Cincture (minor)
Antipathy Gloves (std)
Soul of the Bat (minor)

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
An unnatural gust of wind suddenly blows past Jax. In the blink of an eye, the kobold vanishes from sight.

Uncle Jaz seems slightly alarmed by this. "Jax? Where'd... you're not running away, are you? Without me?!" He aims his crossbow and fires a pair of bolts at the female ghost, but both shots go wide.

OOC: Jax was dazed, so he doesn't get to make that immediate interrupt attack. Ah, dazed, the bane of Jax's existence (actually that's blind, but dazed is bad too).

If you attack Samantha and have CA, you do +3d6 damage until the end of Uncle Jaz's next turn.

[sblock=Kobold actions / stats]Jax
Standard: Activate Feytouched armor. Jax is invisible TENT Jax.

End of turn: Saving throw vs dazed succeeds with a 19. (1d20=19) That's kind of wasting a crit, but it's against dazed, so I'll take it. ;)
Ghost Warrior 2's vulnerability to cold ends.

Uncle Jax
Move: Trapmaker's Trick. Enemies within 5 squares gain CA to Uncle Jaz.

Free: Backstab. +3 attack and +2d6 damage on next attack.

Standard: RBA vs Samantha misses AC 27. (1d20+18+2+3=27)

AP-Standard: RBA vs Samantha misses AC 23. (1d20+18+2=23)

Minor: Sneak in the Attack. Until the start of Jaz's next turn the first ally's attack with CA that hits the target deals an extra 3d6 damage to Samantha.

Ah man, I totally forgot about Andras's reroll bonus. I should have attacked ghost warrior 2! I was trying to nova down Samantha, but still.

PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold, 13 Rogue / Daggermaster
Passive Perception: 23, Passive Insight: 22
AC:26, Fort:22, Reflex:26, Will:19, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:7
HP:54/89, Bloodied:44, Surge Value:22, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +14
Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions
dagger uses 1d6 damage die TEOE
invisible TENT Jax

Powers
MBA: +19 vs Reflex, 1d4+14; or with CA, +22 vs Reflex, 1d4+16 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
RBA: +20 vs Reflex, 1d4+11; or with CA, +23 vs Reflex, 1d4+13 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
Frost Dagger, Piercing Strike, Riposte Strike, Shifty
Combat Tumbleset, Critical Opportunity, Feytouched, Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Royal Scamper, Running Slash, Second Wind, Sneak in the Attack, Stunning Strike
Battlemaster's Dagger, Bloodbath, Frost Dagger, Knockout, Meditation of the Blade, Press the Advantage, Raven Cloak, Royal Blood

Combat notes: +2 damage with CA; +2 damage with cold; 18-20 crit range (except basic attacks); on crit, make MBA with offhand (not cold damage)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases