Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord).

Dekana

Explorer
Dorn stretches out his palm and lets a tiny ball of flame appear. He lets it linger for a second, then waves the flame away. His hands appear slightly redder than usual, but otherwise unharmed.
"Oooh," Jax coos. He asks without a hint of sarcasm, "I didn't think about that. Say, can I get you to heat my bed at night, Dorn?

OOC: Heal check to see if the boy is an undead, as the robot suggests.

Luinnar

First Post
"Only if you don't mind waking up to a burning boat"
I, I, I, would not like to wake up and everything is burning and, and... the boy stutters, looking scared and tears filling his eyes.

I'm going back to my cabin. I'll see if Carl is there again he says, blowing his nose on his sleeve and walking off.

[sblock=Jax]
The boy is unusually cold, even for the chill in the air. You sense there is something odd about him.
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
"Only if you don't mind waking up to a burning boat"
"Uh... kind of. Maybe when we get to shore, then."

"I think we should follow," Jax says to the party as the boy walks off. "Something didn't seem right with him. He felt frigid: too much for the air to do it." Jax moves to shadow the boy before he can get too far.

Luinnar

First Post
Following Charles leads the group to the cargo deck and to a locked door. The door seems to blend in with the woodwork. Although some of you have seen this part of the ship before, you never noticed the door. Opening the lock with a key around his neck, Charles opens the door to reveal a small cabin. The bunk and footlockers are the same as in the other cabins, but two large trunks occupy one wall of the cabin. He opens one trunk which is partly empty and starts to root through it.Where is he? The boy says, throwing blankets onto the floor.

[sblock=Perception=25 (rolled)]
You find Carl the stuffed bear toy buried between the blankets on the bed. You also notice that is has a tuft of human hair on its head, the same color as Charles's hair.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Jax lets Charles search the trunk himself, but he watches from the side. "Where's the last place you remember seeing him?"

OOC: Jax isn't above stealing from the kid if there are any marbles or shiny objects in the trunk.

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: Perception 32

Andras notices something within the blankets and reaches down for it. "Ah, is this Carl?" He frowns slightly as he looks from toy to child, but the expression fades quickly. "This is a fine toy. Who made this for you, Charles?"

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten walks over and examines the trunk.

AH, A FINE CHOICE. GOOD SOLID TEAK THEY MADE THIS THING OUT OF. LITTLE WATER DAMAGE HERE, BUT ASIDE FROM THAT LOOKS STURDY.

He "whispers" to Andras as he looks at the little boy. COMPANION, HITTING WITH AN AXE TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD AMONGST YOUR SPECIES: FATAL OR NON-FATAL? DEMONS SOMETIMES SURVIVE IT, SO IF I HIT HIM AND HE DIES, GOOD CHANCE HE'S NOT A DEMON.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Andras smiles awkwardly to Charles before turning around and whispering to Exsixten, "That wouldn't work. For starters, we're not the same species. I'm a genasi, he's a human. Try to come up with a test that will only prove fatal to demons. It will save us some time."

ooc: Whoops, forgot to do this earlier, untrained religion check to see if this kid is a ghost. 21.

Luinnar

First Post
ooc: Perception 32

Andras notices something within the blankets and reaches down for it. "Ah, is this Carl?" He frowns slightly as he looks from toy to child, but the expression fades quickly. "This is a fine toy. Who made this for you, Charles?"
Carl! Charles shouts happily, running over and grabbing the bear and hugging him. Thanks mister! My daddy made it for me. I don't see him much because he is away working a lot but he usually brings me back something, sometimes something he made himself!

[sblock=Jax]
On a table you see a shiny blue marble with a red squiggly thing inside (how do put those in there anyway?). It must belong to the boy.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Andras]
You sense there is something odd about Charles. On the surface he seems like a normal boy, but there seems to be something wrong about him, hinting that he is not just a normal human that he appears to be. You cannot tell exactly what this strangeness about him is however.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases