Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord).

Luinnar

First Post
Resignedly, Andras returns to the cabin. "How, exactly, are we supposed to lift your curse? It occurs to me that it would be very in character for you to not tell us that one of us is supposed to take your place in damnation."
Captain Garvyn frowns. If you place my son to rest where my wife is buried, that is to say in the far end of the crypt, it should break the curse and free us. The only thing left of my son is his bear which has a lock of his hair. That was the only thing I could find.... I had it with me, but I do not know where the blasted thing is...hey where are you going? the Captain calls back as Andras rushes back to where he saw the ghostly boy.

At first he has trouble finding the cabin door, it seems like it just
disappeared, but finally he finds the secret door which has blended into the wall. The bear is on the bead and there is no sign of the boy. Andras grabs it and runs back to the group, hoping that he does not draw any ghostly wraith on the way.

Soon he assembles the whole group on deck. The fog now fully encompasses the ship giving. What, what is that? a sailor calls from the crows nest pointing at something. You see an island in the distance, one that was just a little speck before but is now coming into view, too soon if truth be told.

What is happening? Uncle Jaz says, coming up to the group. What's with all the fog? It's not g-g-g-hosts is it? he says shivering.

I see you found the bear. a voice says from behind causing Jaz to yelp. This be where you're headed, where my dear beloved wife is buried. She is laid to rest at the back of the mausoleum. If you put the bear where she is buried it should break the curse.

Soon the boat docks at the island and the party sets on shore. I'll wait for you until your done. Garvyn calls back. Good luck!

Waiiiit! Uncle Jaz calls out running up to the party. I'm coming too! I have to make sure we get that treasure. he whispers pulling out a small hand crossbow. And somebody might try and steal it! he says looking at Jax.

OOC: Another update soon, do you want to NPC Uncle Jaz Dekana? :)

[sblock=Uncle Jaz]

Uncle Jaz (Male Kobold Thief)
Level 13 Elite Skirmisher Small
HP 91; Bloodied 46
AC
27; Fortitude 25; Reflex 29; Will 24
Speed
Saving Throws
+2; Action Points 1
Initiative
+17 Perception +19

Traits:
Sneak Attack

Enemies granting combat advantage to Jaz take an extra 3d6 damage once per round.

Masterful Action

When spending an AP with an attack power and with combat advantage against the target, Jaz can use his sneak attack against the target regardless of if he used it this turn.

Standard Actions:

r Custom Made Hand Crossbow • At-Will
Attack:
Ranged 5; +18 vs. AC
Hit:
1d8 + 8.

Move Actions:

Technical Trick • At-Will

Effect:
Jaz moves up to his speed and does not draw OA. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to him.

Trapmaker's Trick • At-Will

Effect:
No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to defenses until the end of Jaz's next turn.

Coward's Trick • At-Will

Effect:
No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to hit until the end of Jaz's next turn.

Minor Actions

R Sneak in the Attack • Encounter
Effect:
Ranged 5 Until the start of Jaz's next turn the first ally's attack with CA that hits the target deals an extra 3d6 damage to the targeted enemy.

Shifty • At-Will

Effect:
Jaz shifts 1 square.

Free Actions:

Backstab • Encounter

Effect:
Jaz gains an extra +3 power bonus to hit and the enemy takes an extra 2d6 damage if it hits.

Triggered Actions:

It's a Trap! • Encounter

Requirements:
An enemy hits Jaz with a melee attack.
Effect (Immediate Reaction):
Jaz shifts 5 squares and makes an RBA against the target.

Skills
Acrobatics +20, Athletics +12, Dungeoneering +12, Insight +12, Stealth +20, Streetwise +12, Thievery +20

Alignment:
unaligned Languages: Common, Draconic
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Jax drops to his knees on the beach. "At last! Dry land! And not a ghost in sight." Of course, there's very little of anything in sight, thanks to the fog.

"We should stay close," Jax says to his uncle. "Don't want to become lost here."

OOC: Is the fog thick on the shore too, or just off the coast?

Unless anyone else wants a turn at playing a rogue, sure, I can NPC Jaz. I've been wondering how the Thief class plays out, so this should be interesting.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
As the group gets ready to climb into the boat, Sir Exsixten pauses, a large jug of lamp oil held precariously over a coil of rope by the main mast.

AH, AN AMPHIBIOUS ASSAULT, EXCELLENT! he says, dropping his torch and oil jug that miraculously lands on the rope without tipping or leaking as the torch sputters on the deck. LET'S GO FIND THIS GOBLING AND RESCUE THE DRAGON!

Luinnar

First Post
The group makes their way inland. The fog here is just as bad as when you were on the boat. At first you worry that you may get lost, but soon you come upon a large stone structure. Impressive carving of angles, gods and demigods are caved into the stone surfaces. They are chipped and worn however, this crypt is far older then you first imagined.

The door to the structure opens with a creak and you make your way into the dark interior, Sir ExSixTen's head lamp illuminating the way. Dust covers everything and the smell of mold and mildew stinks up the air.

The party continues down the stone steps but soon finds that the path splits into two way, left and right. This place smells terrible. Uncle Jaz says covering his snout. The sooner we get out of here the better. After we get the treasure that is.

OOC: The party has a choice, left or right. Or you may split up. Also you will need some kind of light (I am assuming Sir ExSixTen is using his head light thing).

[sblock=Jax]
You hear a faint noise coming down the passage on your right, like the giggling of a small child. It seems to be coming farther down the hall.
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Jax looks carefully at the carvings, but he sadly determines that they are either worthless or too heavy to move. He then points at the right passage.

"Shhh... did you hear that? It sounded like a kid. Or a ghost. I'll bet it's a TRAP either way." He turns to face his uncle. "Say, how are your eyes down here? I've spent too much time above ground; if I go first, I'll just bump into the walls in the darkness.

OOC: Funny how kobolds get darkvision as monsters, but not as PCs.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION] does Sir ExSixTen still not roll perception checks (you mentioned it in a previous adventure)? Also does he use his passive perception?

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Jax will walk side by side with Sir Exisixten, if that works. He can be the light source, and I'll make perception rolls. And we both get hit by traps at the same time - everybody wins!

Edit: Can I ride on Sir Exsixten's shoulders like a horse? :)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Ddoes Sir ExSixTen still not roll perception checks (you mentioned it in a previous adventure)? Also does he use his passive perception?

OOC: Of course, he already knows everything, looking around might ruin that for him.

Jax will walk side by side with Sir Exisixten, if that works. He can be the light source, and I'll make perception rolls. And we both get hit by traps at the same time - everybody wins!

Edit: Can I ride on Sir Exsixten's shoulders like a horse?

OOC: \o/ Sure, ride away!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases