Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord).

Luinnar

First Post
A Jaz of all Trades

Cast:

• Sir ExSixTen, the Warforged Fighter (Iron Sky)
  • Andras, the Genasi Warlord (TwoHeadsBarking)
  • Jax, the Kobold Rogue (Dekana)
  • Dorn, the Half-Orc Sorcerer (nerdytenor)
  • Brenn, the Elf Ranger, (pathfinderq1)
  • Quagmire, the Hobgoblin Warlord (covaithe)
Using the standard PBP rules.
-----
GM: Jaz is Currently in the tavern thread, he will move here once Jaz gets a private room. The current situation was too good to pass up ;)

You still have plenty of time to level up and buy equipment :)

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
OOC: Just posting my updated stat block. Wild Soul for first day of new adventure is psychic

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer/Demon-Soul Adept 13

Immediate Reactions:
If hit would bloody Dorn or do 25+ damage, use Narrow Escape to take 1/2 damage and teleport away

Current Effects:
resist 10 psychic, ignore 10 pshycic resistance

Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 15
AC 26, Fort 24, Reflex 24, Will 27 (base defenses)
HP 93/93 Bloodied 46 Surge Value 23, Surges 7/7
Speed 7, Initiative +14
Action Points: 1

Notes
Daily Wild Soul: psychic
Dorn starts each combat with 5 tmp hp (from Fey Blessed Circlet)
Dorn uses the raw d20 (no mods) for all even/odd effects
Dorn scores a crit on 19 or 20
Enemies need 1 extra square of movement to move adjacent to dorn
Dorn has CA on surprise round and against enemies with lower init 1st round
Dorn gets CA against enemies that are being flanked by his allies
When an enemy crits Dorn, Dorn can crit that enemy on a roll of 17-20 TENT

Encounter Resources
Primordial Storm
Demon-Soul Bolts
Bedeviling Burst
Spark Form
Furious Assault (no action)
Lightning Shift (move)
Variable Resistance (minor)
Narrow Escape
Periapt of Cascading Health (minor)
Half-Orc Resilience (no action)
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Chromatic Orb
Moon and the Stars
Winds of Change
Demonic Wrath (minor)
Gambit Armor (minor)
Luckblade Dagger
Deep Shroud (minor)
Diamond Cincture (minor)
Antipathy Gloves (std)
Soul of the Bat (minor)

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Uncle Jaz drags Jax through the door and plops him down on a nearby seat. It's awful! he announces, sitting down not waiting for Jax to speak. The family is in trouble! There's this Tiefling, his name is Hastings Wellington he is the, shall we say, local crime lord in Bacarte. You were probably too busy robbing houses to know about him...

Anyway, a while ago his goons came to us demanding "protection" money. At first it was not so much so we paid, but soon the payments became larger and larger. And with this and that and business in a slump we found that we could not pay him at all!

So we thought "Okay, perhaps he is just a bully and nothing will happen". But then our shipment of metals mysteriously vanished and the week after that our supply shed caught on fire. Now he threatens to burn our whole business down with us inside!

And worse! He says he'll tell everyone that we have a good for nothing boy who is a thief! Imagine if that gets out what it will do to the business! Why could you have not becomes a salesman like me or something! Even twelfth cousin Nyza is more useful with lighting the furnaces, and mostly he just tries to set things on fire!

So this is all really your fault! Uncle Jaz says dramatically. That is why you'll give us the 100,000 gold we need.

[sblock=Streetwise=20 (rolled or passive)]
You recall that the name Wellington is the same as a local Daunton human, Lord Tarquin Wellington. He is highly respected, but there are whispers of him having dark dealings. His last public appearance was at the arena that just finished a couple months back.

[sblock=Streetwise=25(same roll)]
You remember that Hastings Wellington claims to be his son. Word on the street is that he left Daunton a couple years ago and set up shop in Bacarte. He is rumored to have set up various smuggling, gambling and other illegal enterprises in the area.

Who his mother is nobody can say, but it is rumored that she is or was the third wife of Lord Tarquin Wellington and some kind of demoness. Tarquin's polygamous relationships have long been gossip, but not enough evidence to prosecute him has ever been had (Polygamy is a crime in Daunton). There is many men and women of various half-human races claiming to be his children, that is for certain.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten stares at Jaz blankly for a moment, then glances at Jax.

RE-NON-UN-EX-GHOST LIZARD JAXIMUS, IF WE ASSUME THE NUMBER YOUR WELL AGED SPECIES DUPLICATE JUST SPOKE WERE IN BINARY, THAT'S ONLY 32 GOLD. PAY HIM AND QUEST IS COMPLETE! <ERROR, ?NOT FOUND IN VICINITY, ONLY !, INITIATE BUG REPORT>

[sblock=Sir Exsixten's Statblock] Sir Exsixten, Male Warforged Fighter/Dreadnaught 11
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 28, Fort:27, Reflex:22, Will:22 -- Speed:5
HP:116/116, Bloodied:58, Surge Value:33, Surges left:14/14
Initiative +6, Action Points: 1

Powers
: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Unfailing Resources, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Come and Get It, Guardian's Charge, Daring Shot, Warforged Resolve, Reactive Surge, Second Wind, Comeback Strike, Victorious Surge, Rain of Steel, Boundless Endurance
Items: Potion of Healing, Potion of Resistance x 1, Madstone x 3, Strikebacks, Amulet of Life, Dwarven Thrower, Dwarven Armor, Diamond Cincture, Werewolf Boon
MBA/RBA: +17(+20 OA) vs. AC, 1d12+10 damage and enemy movement is stopped and Sir Exsixten gains 5 temporary hitpoints.
Notes: *Enemies hit take cumulative -1 to AC(save ends) *Gain 5 THP when enemy fail's save *Gain 10 THP on healing surge. *Reroll the first 1 on damage rolls *+2 damage with THP *Gain DR10 TsnT on AP *Gain 5+Healing Surges spent THP on short rest *Adjacent enemy grants CA if ally also adjacent to enemy[/sblock]

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn, no stranger to family troubles, raises an eyebrow at Jaz.

"All his fault, you say? Somehow I doubt that." Dorn scratches his head. "Wellington... Wellington... Rings a bell. Yes, of course, Lord Wellington. High and mighty fellow, although I've heard rumors he's been involved in some dark deeds. But he's no Tiefling - he's a human. I think I saw him at the arena before our last adventure, just a few months back." (Streetwise 20)

covaithe

Explorer
"Hastings Wellington, eh? I hear he claims to be Lord Wellington's son. Along with a dozen other halfbloods looking for spare change, to be sure. Seems ol' Tarquin has a taste for the exotic in his ladies, or at least that's the rumor in Bacarte. Hmm, I should ask Madame Ketratek about that; if there's any truth to it, she's probably the one who'd know." Quagmire blows foam off of a large tankard in Uncle Jaz' direction. He appears none the worse for his chondrichthyan interlude. "So you're in it with Hastings, eh?"

OOC: Madame Ketratek is from Quagmire's background. Feel free to use her or not as you see fit. If I put my mind to it, there are probably handful of other Bacarte-related NPCs that Quagmire has had previous dealings with; if you want I could have a try at writing down something about them. Oh, and streetwise 28

Luinnar

First Post
Hmm, I should ask Madame Ketratek about that; if there's any truth to it, she's probably the one who'd know." Quagmire blows foam off of a large tankard in Uncle Jaz' direction. He appears none the worse for his chondrichthyan interlude. "So you're in it with Hastings, eh?"

OOC: Madame Ketratek is from Quagmire's background. Feel free to use her or not as you see fit. If I put my mind to it, there are probably handful of other Bacarte-related NPCs that Quagmire has had previous dealings with; if you want I could have a try at writing down something about them. Oh, and streetwise 28
No, I told you! He is blackmailing and threatening us! We don't want to have have anything to do with him! Jaz says, making a face at the mention of Madame Ketratek. He found the ways of softskins disturbing.

Jaz! Who are these people? Why are you hanging around these softskins and this,this,this whatever!? Jaz says pointing to Sir ExSixTen and the party.

Dekana

Explorer
Jax decides to answer that in the kobold language.

[sblock=Draconic]"Why? Look how tall they are! I mean, do you have any idea how many things have tried to eat me since you all kicked me out? These softskins are all vicious killers, so they're good protection. Like bodyguards!"[/sblock]
Jax motions to Sir Exsixten with that last statement.

"Anyway, one hundred thousand gold? Did someone drop your egg on the ground? I don't have that kind of money! I don't know anybody in Daunton that I could take it from, either." Jax then mumbles, "Maybe I could rob a bank or something..."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases