Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord).

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten stops to appraise the ship.

THE ENDURANCE MUST BE THIS SHIP THAT STANDS BEFORE US IN EXCELLENT REPAIR. BY SIR EXSIXTEN'S EXPERT PROGRAMMING IN SHIPERY HE CAN SEE THIS SHIP HAS UNDERGONE EXTENSIVE REPAIRS TO KEEP HIM IN TOP SHAPE - ALWAYS CALL A SHIP HE BY THE WAY, OTHER WISE THE SAILORS WILL TAKE YOU FOR AN IGNORANT LAND-LUBBER. THIS MUST BE A FAST SHIP, IT'S GOT MASSIVE BIRD-CATCHERS, he leans down to Jax and points. EX-GHOST LIZARD JAXIMUS, THOSE BIG CLOTH THINGS ARE USED TO TRAP FLOCKS OF BIRDS THAT THEY THEN AFFIX TO ALL THOSE ROPES. THE BIRDS THEN FLY AROUND THE SHIP IN HARNESS AND PROPEL IT ACROSS THE SEA - LIKE THE CHICKEN-CHARIOT OF THE LORDS OF AWESOME FROM WHENCE MORTALS DERIVED THE DESIGN!

He pauses for long enough that everyone gets hopeful that he's shut up.

SLIGHT ILL OMEN THAT THEY SELECTED A WATERY DEVIL AS THEIR FIGUREHEAD, THOUGH CRUSHING STRANGLING THAT FISH-HORSE TO DEATH IN HIS FIST IS ADMITTEDLY AN ARTFUL TOUCH.

nerdytenor

First Post
One look at the boat is enough to turn Dorn a bit queasy. He takes a deep breath, resigned to the inevitable sea-sickness that will follow.

"Fine ship," he says matter-of-factly. "Shall we get on with it?"

Luinnar

First Post
Don't mention the treasure. Uncle Jaz whispers. After a few minutes a head appears above the rail and you are greeted by a tall, lean middle-aged man with a deep tan, salt-and-pepper hair and beard, and twinkling eyes as blue as the sea. He sizes you up as he calls to you, Aye, an adventuring lot! He drops the rope ladder and waves the PCs aboard.

The man leads the PCs to the sterncastle. He is nimble despite his age and he strides along the deck with confidence. The man takes a seat on a short barrel, motioning the PCs to do likewise on nearby barrels and coils of rope.

Ye can call me Cap’n or ye can call me Garvyn or ye can call me Cap’n Garvyn, it makes no matter to me.
Your friend here says that you will work for me in exchange for transport eh? I've been looking for a couple extra hands and would be glad to have ye on-board!

I forgot to mention that, Jaz whispers and produces an advertisement. Well it is free...

Handsum Payment for Ezee Work!

If ye r willing sea-goers seeking breef adventur, reeport to tha good ship Endurance berthed at the lokal doks. I reekwire intrepid soles to fill out a crew for a herried dellivere voyage. Ye may reetern to this port or reemane at tha destinashun. Appeear befour sundown-we sail at dawn! No land lubbers need apply!
I’m in a hurry on this voyage, Garvyn says. I must make a delivery to a wealthy merchant in time for his daughter’s weddin’ in seven days. If the winds are even partly cooperative, we’ll make it with little trouble and I can drop you off at your destination on the way. I'll even pick you up when my delivery is made if ye like.

So is that settled? Before waiting for an answer he says Tell me about yeselvs. And whose are those dogs?

Um, I don't know.
Uncle Jaz says nervously. I am, um, Jaz Trapspringer I come from Bacarte and I am a, um, merchant. This is my nephew Jax. Jaz motions to the other kobold. He is, er, unemployed at the moment. Jaz gives a little cough. I, um, can't tell you about the others, he looks at the party to introduce themselves.

Dekana

Explorer

Um, I don't know.
Uncle Jaz says nervously. I am, um, Jaz Trapspringer I come from Bacarte and I am a, um, merchant. This is my nephew Jax. Jaz motions to the other kobold. He is, er, unemployed at the moment. Jaz gives a little cough. I, um, can't tell you about the others, he looks at the party to introduce themselves.
"Lies!" Jax barks back to his uncle. "I'm just between jobs. Big difference."

Jax looks back to the captain. "Can I work... inside?" The kobold seems a little more twitchy than usual when he's on the ship. He looks to the center of the deck, trying to avoid seeing the ocean.

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Jax is right. We're not unemployed; we're more like freelancers." The genasi smiles, "My name is Andras. I have sharp eyes and I'm fairly strong, captain, so put me to work wherever you think is best."

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
YOU JEST, DAMP PEASANT, EVERYONE KNOWS WHO SIR EXSIXTEN AND HIS BAND OF CHAMPIONS ARE. YOUR MARGINAL ATTEMPT AT LEVITY IS NOTED AND WILL BE SUBMITTED ON YOUR BEHALF TO THE LORDS OF AWESOME AT THE ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN OF ULTIMATE DESTINY.

Sir Exsixten walks aboard the ship as though he owns it.

THERE IS A SEVERE SHORTAGE OF BIRDS TETHERED TO YOUR SHIP, HOPEFULLY WE'LL GET A GOOD FLOCK ON OUR WAY OUT OF PORT. WHERE ARE THE REINS FOR THE WHALE WE'RE USING IN THE MEAN TIME? SIR EXSIXTEN WAS ONCE A POD WRANGLER, HERDING NARWHALS - THEY'RE ALWAYS CAUSING QUITE A COMMOTION, LIKE AN UNDERWATER UNICORN YOU KNOW.

He walks to the front of the ship and stares into the water intently.

[sblock=Sir Exsixten's Statblock] Sir Exsixten, Male Warforged Fighter/Dreadnaught 11
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 28, Fort:27, Reflex:22, Will:22 -- Speed:5
HP:116/116, Bloodied:58, Surge Value:33, Surges left:14/14
Initiative +6, Action Points: 1

Powers
: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Unfailing Resources, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Come and Get It, Guardian's Charge, Daring Shot, Warforged Resolve, Reactive Surge, Second Wind, Comeback Strike, Victorious Surge, Rain of Steel, Boundless Endurance
Items: Potion of Healing, Potion of Resistance x 1, Madstone x 3, Strikebacks, Amulet of Life, Dwarven Thrower, Dwarven Armor, Diamond Cincture, Werewolf Boon
MBA/RBA: +17(+20 OA) vs. AC, 1d12+10 damage and enemy movement is stopped and Sir Exsixten gains 5 temporary hitpoints.
Notes: *Enemies hit take cumulative -1 to AC(save ends) *Gain 5 THP when enemy fail's save *Gain 10 THP on healing surge. *Reroll the first 1 on damage rolls *+2 damage with THP *Gain DR10 TsnT on AP *Gain 5+Healing Surges spent THP on short rest *Adjacent enemy grants CA if ally also adjacent to enemy[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
A merchant eh? The man says turning to Uncle Jaz. What do ye sell?

Well I, um, sell Area Defense and Hunting Aid Devices. Uncle Jaz says.

Oh, you sell traps then? the captain says.

Well yes, if you want to simplify it, Jaz says, his pride hurt a bit. Traps was such a common sounding word.

Jax looks back to the captain. "Can I work... inside?" The kobold seems a little more twitchy than usual when he's on the ship. He looks to the center of the deck, trying to avoid seeing the ocean.
I suppose old Bertram could use another potato peeler. Garvyn says. Can ye cook?
"Jax is right. We're not unemployed; we're more like freelancers." The genasi smiles, "My name is Andras. I have sharp eyes and I'm fairly strong, captain, so put me to work wherever you think is best."
Great to hear! Garvyn says with a laugh. I'll have ye help out on deck. We could use another hand!

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Caw! Caw!," said the large black bird which perched on one of the yardarms, surveying the ship.

OOC: Still here, still not done with leveling up- have been very busy. Brenn is currently staying in raven-form. He will also keep an eye out for the eladrin woman that he saw in the tavern, or anyone else who seems to be paying to much attention to the group.

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire gives the captain a friendly smile and touches his forelock respectfully. "I'm Quagmire, Cap'n Garvyn. 'tis a pleasure t'make yer acquaintance. I've worked a ship or two in my time, tho' never one so fine as this. She's a beaty. 'twould be a pleasure to lend whatever aid I can."

OOC: Quagmire is genuinely impressed by the fancy ship, and wants to make a good impression. Diplomacy 21

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases