D&D 4th Edition Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord). - Page 10




  1. #91
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBarking View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Resignedly, Andras returns to the cabin. "How, exactly, are we supposed to lift your curse? It occurs to me that it would be very in character for you to not tell us that one of us is supposed to take your place in damnation."
    Captain Garvyn frowns. If you place my son to rest where my wife is buried, that is to say in the far end of the crypt, it should break the curse and free us. The only thing left of my son is his bear which has a lock of his hair. That was the only thing I could find.... I had it with me, but I do not know where the blasted thing is...hey where are you going? the Captain calls back as Andras rushes back to where he saw the ghostly boy.

    At first he has trouble finding the cabin door, it seems like it just
    disappeared, but finally he finds the secret door which has blended into the wall. The bear is on the bead and there is no sign of the boy. Andras grabs it and runs back to the group, hoping that he does not draw any ghostly wraith on the way.

    Soon he assembles the whole group on deck. The fog now fully encompasses the ship giving. What, what is that? a sailor calls from the crows nest pointing at something. You see an island in the distance, one that was just a little speck before but is now coming into view, too soon if truth be told.

    What is happening? Uncle Jaz says, coming up to the group. What's with all the fog? It's not g-g-g-hosts is it? he says shivering.


    I see you found the bear. a voice says from behind causing Jaz to yelp. This be where you're headed, where my dear beloved wife is buried. She is laid to rest at the back of the mausoleum. If you put the bear where she is buried it should break the curse.

    Soon the boat docks at the island and the party sets on shore. I'll wait for you until your done. Garvyn calls back. Good luck!

    Waiiiit! Uncle Jaz calls out running up to the party. I'm coming too! I have to make sure we get that treasure. he whispers pulling out a small hand crossbow. And somebody might try and steal it! he says looking at Jax.

    OOC: Another update soon, do you want to NPC Uncle Jaz Dekana?

    Uncle Jaz


    Uncle Jaz (Male Kobold Thief)
    Level 13 Elite Skirmisher Small
    HP 91; Bloodied 46
    AC
    27; Fortitude 25; Reflex 29; Will 24
    Speed
    6
    Saving Throws
    +2; Action Points 1
    Initiative
    +17 Perception +19

    Traits:
    Sneak Attack

    Enemies granting combat advantage to Jaz take an extra 3d6 damage once per round.

    Masterful Action

    When spending an AP with an attack power and with combat advantage against the target, Jaz can use his sneak attack against the target regardless of if he used it this turn.

    Standard Actions:

    r Custom Made Hand Crossbow • At-Will
    Attack:
    Ranged 5; +18 vs. AC
    Hit:
    1d8 + 8.

    Move Actions:

    Technical Trick • At-Will

    Effect:
    Jaz moves up to his speed and does not draw OA. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to him.

    Trapmaker's Trick • At-Will

    Effect:
    No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to defenses until the end of Jaz's next turn.

    Coward's Trick • At-Will

    Effect:
    No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to hit until the end of Jaz's next turn.

    Minor Actions

    R Sneak in the Attack • Encounter
    Effect:
    Ranged 5 Until the start of Jaz's next turn the first ally's attack with CA that hits the target deals an extra 3d6 damage to the targeted enemy.

    Shifty • At-Will

    Effect:
    Jaz shifts 1 square.

    Free Actions:

    Backstab • Encounter

    Effect:
    Jaz gains an extra +3 power bonus to hit and the enemy takes an extra 2d6 damage if it hits.

    Triggered Actions:

    It's a Trap! • Encounter

    Requirements:
    An enemy hits Jaz with a melee attack.
    Effect (Immediate Reaction):
    Jaz shifts 5 squares and makes an RBA against the target.

    Skills
    Acrobatics +20, Athletics +12, Dungeoneering +12, Insight +12, Stealth +20, Streetwise +12, Thievery +20

    Alignment:
    unaligned Languages: Common, Draconic


    Last edited by Luinnar; Tuesday, 24th April, 2012 at 07:21 AM.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

 

  • #92
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    Ignore Dekana
    Jax drops to his knees on the beach. "At last! Dry land! And not a ghost in sight." Of course, there's very little of anything in sight, thanks to the fog.

    "We should stay close," Jax says to his uncle. "Don't want to become lost here."

    OOC: Is the fog thick on the shore too, or just off the coast?

    Unless anyone else wants a turn at playing a rogue, sure, I can NPC Jaz. I've been wondering how the Thief class plays out, so this should be interesting.
    Last edited by Dekana; Tuesday, 24th April, 2012 at 11:14 PM.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #93
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Iron Sky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,341

    Ignore Iron Sky
    As the group gets ready to climb into the boat, Sir Exsixten pauses, a large jug of lamp oil held precariously over a coil of rope by the main mast.

    AH, AN AMPHIBIOUS ASSAULT, EXCELLENT! he says, dropping his torch and oil jug that miraculously lands on the rope without tipping or leaking as the torch sputters on the deck. LET'S GO FIND THIS GOBLING AND RESCUE THE DRAGON!

  • #94
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    The group makes their way inland. The fog here is just as bad as when you were on the boat. At first you worry that you may get lost, but soon you come upon a large stone structure. Impressive carving of angles, gods and demigods are caved into the stone surfaces. They are chipped and worn however, this crypt is far older then you first imagined.

    The door to the structure opens with a creak and you make your way into the dark interior, Sir ExSixTen's head lamp illuminating the way. Dust covers everything and the smell of mold and mildew stinks up the air.

    The party continues down the stone steps but soon finds that the path splits into two way, left and right. This place smells terrible. Uncle Jaz says covering his snout. The sooner we get out of here the better. After we get the treasure that is.

    OOC: The party has a choice, left or right. Or you may split up. Also you will need some kind of light (I am assuming Sir ExSixTen is using his head light thing).


    Jax

    You hear a faint noise coming down the passage on your right, like the giggling of a small child. It seems to be coming farther down the hall.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #95
    Dorn tries to stifle a cough but fails.

    "Damned dust! Which way do we go?"

  • #96
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    Ignore Dekana
    Jax looks carefully at the carvings, but he sadly determines that they are either worthless or too heavy to move. He then points at the right passage.

    "Shhh... did you hear that? It sounded like a kid. Or a ghost. I'll bet it's a TRAP either way." He turns to face his uncle. "Say, how are your eyes down here? I've spent too much time above ground; if I go first, I'll just bump into the walls in the darkness.

    OOC: Funny how kobolds get darkvision as monsters, but not as PCs.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #97
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Iron Sky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,341

    Ignore Iron Sky
    NEVER FEAR, SIR EXSIXTEN HAS THIS! he says, tromping off down the right passage.

  • #98
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    OOC: @Iron Sky does Sir ExSixTen still not roll perception checks (you mentioned it in a previous adventure)? Also does he use his passive perception?
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #99
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    Ignore Dekana
    OOC: Jax will walk side by side with Sir Exisixten, if that works. He can be the light source, and I'll make perception rolls. And we both get hit by traps at the same time - everybody wins!

    Edit: Can I ride on Sir Exsixten's shoulders like a horse?
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #100
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Iron Sky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,341

    Ignore Iron Sky
    Quote Originally Posted by Luinnar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Ddoes Sir ExSixTen still not roll perception checks (you mentioned it in a previous adventure)? Also does he use his passive perception?
    OOC: Of course, he already knows everything, looking around might ruin that for him.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dekana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Jax will walk side by side with Sir Exisixten, if that works. He can be the light source, and I'll make perception rolls. And we both get hit by traps at the same time - everybody wins!

    Edit: Can I ride on Sir Exsixten's shoulders like a horse?
    OOC: \o/ Sure, ride away!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 432
      Last Post: Friday, 5th October, 2012, 06:25 PM
    2. Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 948
      Last Post: Sunday, 26th February, 2012, 06:59 AM
    3. Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar)
      By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 312
      Last Post: Saturday, 25th February, 2012, 03:19 PM
    4. Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 730
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st May, 2011, 08:23 AM
    5. Replies: 526
      Last Post: Tuesday, 5th January, 2010, 04:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •