D&D 4th Edition Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord). - Page 25

+ Log in or register to post
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    I CALL THIS MOVE 'HACKING YOU'. KIND OF A JOINT-ATTACK WITH MY COMPANIONS, HURTING EVERYTHING WITHIN A CERTAIN RADIUS OF OUR HERO. I'M JUST RIBBING YOU, NO BONES ABOUT IT. HAVE SOME BACKBONE, THIS IS JUST HARMLESS JAWING, YOU HIP?

OOC: Summary:
    Sir Exsixten is at N20 with 12+63/116, adjacent take 1d12+3(5 THP) damage if start turn there.
    Ghost Warrior 2 takes 10 if it starts its turn adjacent, is marked.
    Ghost Warrior 3 takes 23 damage + 13 if it starts its turn adjacent, is marked, and has -1 AC(save ends).

Actions

Standard: Hack and Hew
    *Attack vs Warrior 2: 1d20+17=Nat1, marked, Sir Exsixten gains 7 THP.
    *Attack vs Warrior 3: 1d20+17+2(CA)=37 vs AC, hit, 1d12+10+2(THP)=23 damage, marked, -1 AC(save ends), Sir Exsixten gains 12 THP.
    Move: Do the robot
    Minor: Be awesome
    Start of Enemy Turns: 1d12+3+2(THP)=10 damage to Warrior 1, 13 to Warrior 3.

Immediate Actions(in order of priority):
    *If Sir Exsixten is bloodiedReactive Surge + Amulet of Life: Sir Exsixten spends two healing surges, gaining 10THP+66HP
    *If a marked enemy adjacent to Sir Exsixten shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include himCombat Challenge: MBA against that enemy
    *If an enemy hits an ally within 2 squares of Sir Exsixten with a melee attack→Guardian's Charge: Sir Exsixten and the ally shift to each other's squares, Sir Exsixten becomes the target of the attack, and then makes an MBA against the attacker.

Sir Exsixten's Statblock
    Sir Exsixten, Male Warforged Fighter/Dreadnaught 11
    Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
    AC: 28, Fort:27, Reflex:22, Will:22 -- Speed:5
    HP:63/116, Bloodied:58, Surge Value:33, Surges left:10/14
    Initiative +6, Action Points: 0

Powers
    : Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Unfailing Resources, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Come and Get It, Inexorable Advance, Guardian's Charge, Daring Shout, Warforged Resolve, Reactive Surge, Second Wind, Comeback Strike, Victorious Surge, Rain of Steel, Boundless Endurance
    Items: Potion of Healing, Potion of Resistance x 1, Madstone x 3, Strikebacks, Amulet of Life, Dwarven Thrower, Dwarven Armor, Diamond Cincture, Werewolf Boon
    MBA/RBA: +17(+20 OA) vs. AC, 1d12+10 damage and enemy movement is stopped and Sir Exsixten gains 5 temporary hitpoints.
    Notes: *Enemies hit take cumulative -1 to AC(save ends) *Gain 5 THP when enemy fails save *Gain 10 THP on healing surge. *Reroll the first 1 on damage rolls *+2 damage with THP *Gain DR10 TsnT on AP *Gain 5+Healing Surges spent THP on short rest *Adjacent enemy grants CA if ally also adjacent to enemy
    [/QUOTE]

Andras focuses and fires a powerful shot into a ghost, almost completely disrupting its spectral form.

Actions
    Free: Arcane Prodigy, gain +2 to next damage roll this encounter.
    Standard: RBA vs Warrior 3. Crit, dealing 27+11=38 damage. So Warrior 3 will die from ongoing damage, or from Rain of Steel damage.

If an ally within 5 is hit by an enemy by 1 or less, I'll use Insightful Warning, giving the ally a +2 power bonus to defenses against the attack and an MBA against the attacker.

Andras's mini-stats
    Andras genasi Warlord/Captain of Fortune 12
    Initiative: +18 | Passive perception: 26 | Passive Insight: 26
    AC: 27 | For: 29 | Ref: 26 | Will: 25
    HP: 81/81+18 | Bloodied: 40 | Surge value: 20 | Surges: 9/9
    Resist: 10 Fire
    Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
    AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
    Melee Basic Attack: +17 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
    Ranged Basic Attack: +18 vs AC, 1d10+10 damage
    Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Direct the Strike
    Insightful Warning, Staggering Shot, On My Mark, Lady Luck Smiles, Disciplined Counter
    Relentless Wounding, Create Opportunity, Coordinated Assault
    Firedeath, Inspiring Word (1/2), Shake It Off, Reorient the Axis, Unintended Feint, Favored Fortune
    Rebounding Longbow, Boots of the Fencing Master, Feytouched Armor, Boar Tusk Helm, Legacy Undying

Skirmishing Presence:
    When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift five squares before or after the attack.

Conditions:

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ignore Dekana
    The pair of kobolds focus their attacks on the ghost next to Sir Exsixten that isn't about disperse with so much as a strong breeze. Jax scores a hit with a deep dagger strike, and Uncle Jaz manages a glancing hit with his crossbow. Their ghost, like the one Sir Exsixten and Andras attacked, does not seem long for this world.

Kobold actions / stats
    Jax
    (Sir Exsixten's post says he's at N20, but Dorn's post says N19. I'll assume N19 is right because of the Rain of Steel damage.)

Move: Walk to N18.

Standard: Imperiling Strike vs Ghostly Warrior 2 hits Fort 37 for 52 cold damage and it has 5 cold vulnerability and a -4 penalty to AC and Reflex TENT Jax. CA for sneak attack comes from Sir Exsixten's "adjacent enemies with an ally adjacent grant CA" thing. (1d20+20+3=37; 1d6+15+2+2=24; 3d8+4=28)

Uncle Jaz
    Move: Technical Trick to N22. Enemies within 5 squares gain CA to Uncle Jaz.

Standard: RBA vs Ghostly Warrior 2 hits AC 34 for 11 damage. It should die from Rain of Steel damage. (1d20+18+2=34; 1d8+8=11; 3d6=6)

PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold, 13 Rogue / Daggermaster
    Passive Perception: 23, Passive Insight: 22
    AC:26, Fort:22, Reflex:26, Will:19, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:7
    HP:70/89, Bloodied:44, Surge Value:22, Surges left:9/9
    Initiative +14
    Action Points: 0 (encounter)

Conditions
    dagger uses 1d6 damage die TEOE

Powers
    MBA: +19 vs Reflex, 1d4+14; or with CA, +22 vs Reflex, 1d4+16 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
    RBA: +20 vs Reflex, 1d4+11; or with CA, +23 vs Reflex, 1d4+13 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
    Frost Dagger, Piercing Strike, Riposte Strike, Shifty
    Combat Tumbleset, Critical Opportunity, Feytouched, Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Royal Scamper, Running Slash, Second Wind, Sneak in the Attack, Stunning Strike
    Battlemaster's Dagger, Bloodbath, Frost Dagger, Knockout, Meditation of the Blade, Press the Advantage, Raven Cloak, Royal Blood

Combat notes: +2 damage with CA; +2 damage with cold; 18-20 crit range (except basic attacks); on crit, make MBA with offhand (not cold damage)
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore covaithe
    Quagmire mutters a quick invocation, curing Sir Exsixten of most of his wounds, before striking down the nearest ghostly warrior. His blow inspires Dorn to release another quick burst of magic, searing one of the remaining ghosts. Quagmire steps over the fallen enemy and advances on Dorn's target.

actions
    Minor: Inspiring word on Sir Ex, heals 45 hp. Sir Ex gets +2 to hit and +5 to damage until end of my next turn, but if his first attack during that time misses, he grants CA to all enemies until my ENT.
    Standard: Tempest of Triumph vs. Warrior 3: 38 vs. AC hits for 16 damage, killing it. That means another ally within 5 of me can make a basic attack with +5 damage; I choose Dorn: Acid arrow vs. Warrior 1 31 vs. Reflex hits for 27 acid damage. I don't think there's any other crazy stuff that happens there.
    Move: to N16

Quagmire
    Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord/Battlelord of Kord 12
    Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 15
    AC:28, Fort:26, Reflex:23, Will:26 -- Speed:5
    HP:65/82, Bloodied:41, Surge Value:20, Surges left:9/9
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    MBA +18 vs. AC, 1d8+7 damage
    Powers
    Rousing Assault, Commander's strike, Body of the Shark, Throwing shield
    Inspiring Word x3 [x][ ][ ], Hammer and Anvil, Hobgoblin resilience, Inspired Belligerence, Warlord's Strike, War of Attrition, Tactical Orders, Tempest of Triumph,
    Bastion of Defense, Stand the Fallen, Stand Tough, Knock Them Down, Blood-tested Inspiration, Soul of the Shark, Dwarven Chainmail, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Throwing Shield, Diamond Cincture

Conditions:

Notes:
    • When I spend an AP, I can make a basic attack as a free action, and Allies who can see and hear me gain +1 to attack and damage rolls until start of my next turn.
    • Allies within 10 who can see and hear Quagmire gain +2 initiative
    • Allies who spend an AP within sight of me regain 13 HP and can make a saving throw at +5
    • When I hit an enemy with withering longsword, they take a cumulative -1 to AC (save ends)

My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore covaithe
    OOC: In other news, I'll be out of town for a week starting tomorrow, with no internet access. Please NPC Quagmire as needed.
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ignore pathfinderq1
    Brenn stepped farther away, then fired another arrow at the ghostly figure. His arrow tore through the center of the spectral creature, buffetting it like a tree in a high wind.

OOC

>Move: N13, then to Q 19
    >Standard: Clever shot RBA at Terror 2; 1d20+21 vs. AC= 41 (Crit, deals 29 + 5 crit= 34 force, and terror 2 is slowed, save ends)= ; rolls Roll Lookup ; Roll Lookup

The ghosts make perhaps the final assault against the party. The ghostly women with the evil face laughs maniacally as she fires a bolt of darkness at Andras, binding his movement. The warrior silently charges at Andras, but his blow is easily dodged by the Warlord.

actions

Ghost Terror 2:
    Move:Stand up
    Standard:Piercing malice ranged 10, 32 vs will 32 damage psychic damage and Andras is slowed (save ends).

saved vs ongoing

Ghost warrior 1:
    Charge Andras crit miss

Combatants

Ghost Warrior:
    HP
    185; Bloodied 93
    AC
    25; Fortitude 27; Reflex 24; Will 23
    Immune
    disease, poison;
    MBA:
    Attack: Reach 2; +13 vs. Reflex
    Hit:
    4d10 + 11 damage.
    Ghost Warrior 1: 144/185,

Ghostly Terror:
    HP
    140; Bloodied 70
    AC
    27; Fortitude 23; Reflex 25; Will 26
    Immune
    disease, poison;
    MBA:

Attack:
    +16 vs. Reflex;
    Hit:
    5d8 + 6 necrotic damage.
    Ghostly Terror 2:8/140, (save ends)

Sir ExSixTen:12+108/116, Any enemy that starts its turn next to Sir Exsixten takes 12+3(5 if he has THP) damage,
    Dorn: 18+84/93, 10 necrotic resist until end of encounter,
    Jax:70/88, dagger deals 1d6 damage
    Andras:67/81,slowed (save ends)
    Quagmire: 65/82,
    Brenn: 49/76
    Uncle Jaz: 91/91

Uncle Jaz

Uncle Jaz (Male Kobold Thief) Level 13 Elite Skirmisher Small
    HP 91; Bloodied 46
    AC
    27; Fortitude 25; Reflex 29; Will 24
    Speed
    Saving Throws
    +2; Action Points 1
    Initiative
    +17 Perception +19

Traits:
    Sneak Attack

Enemies granting combat advantage to Jaz take an extra 3d6 damage once per round.

Masterful Action

When spending an AP with an attack power and with combat advantage against the target, Jaz can use his sneak attack against the target regardless of if he used it this turn.

Standard Actions:
    (Note: Jaz does not have to reload his crossbow).
    RBA: Custom Made Hand Crossbow At-Will
    Attack:
    Ranged 5; +18 vs. AC
    Hit:
    1d8 + 8.

Standard Actions:
    MBA: Dagger
    Attack:
    Melee 1; +18 vs. AC
    Hit:
    1d4

Move Actions:
    Technical Trick At-Will

Effect:
    Jaz moves up to his speed and does not draw OA. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to him.

Trapmaker's Trick At-Will

Effect:
    No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to defenses until the end of Jaz's next turn.

Coward's Trick At-Will

Effect:
    No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to hit until the end of Jaz's next turn.

Minor Actions

R Sneak in the Attack Encounter
    Effect:
    Ranged 5 Until the start of Jaz's next turn the first ally's attack with CA that hits the target deals an extra 3d6 damage to the targeted enemy.

Shifty At-Will

Effect:
    Jaz shifts 1 square.

Free Actions:

Backstab Encounter

Effect:
    Jaz gains an extra +3 power bonus to hit and the enemy takes an extra 2d6 damage if it hits.

Triggered Actions:

It's a Trap! Encounter

Requirements:
    An enemy hits Jaz with a melee attack.
    Effect (Immediate Reaction):
    Jaz shifts 5 squares and makes an RBA against the target.

Skills
    Acrobatics +20, Athletics +12, Dungeoneering +12, Insight +12, Stealth +20, Streetwise +12, Thievery +20

Alignment:
    unaligned Languages: Common, Draconic

Terrain

Treasure is difficult terrain.

The side areas with the jars and statues cannot be moved into.

As a move action you can pick up 100 gold pieces when adjacent to the treasure pile.

The jars can be picked up as a move action and either used as a +3 melee or +3 ranged weapon, dealing 3d6 + str or dex damage, breaking them and scattering gold all over.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vsthemotherinlaw5.jpg  
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

Andras lets the shadowy spell wash over and past him, heavily reducing the trauma that would have been caused by resisting. Despite the hinderance, he rapidly steps from the nearby ghost and urges his allies to action with both words and a well-placed arrow.

OOC: Important: Everyone can immediately take a 5 square shift

Actions
    Immediate Interrupt: When hurt by Piercing Malice, I'll use Firedeath to turn all the damage dice into ones. So, only 11 damage taken.

Minor: Boots of the Fencing Master, shift to P17 and gain a +1 item bonus to AC and Reflex.
    Move: Reorient the Axis. Each ally within 5 (everyone) can shift 5 squares as a free action.
    Standard: Paint the Bulls-eye vs Warrior 1. Hits AC 33 for 9 damage. Until the start of my next turn, my allies get a +5 power bonus to damage rolls against the ghost.

Save vs slow: 14

If an ally within 5 is hit by an enemy by 1 or less, I'll use Insightful Warning, giving the ally a +2 power bonus to defenses against the attack and an MBA against the attacker.

Andras's mini-stats
    Andras genasi Warlord/Captain of Fortune 12
    Initiative: +18 | Passive perception: 26 | Passive Insight: 26
    AC: 27 | For: 29 | Ref: 26 | Will: 25
    HP: 81/81+7 | Bloodied: 40 | Surge value: 20 | Surges: 9/9
    Resist: 10 Fire
    Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
    AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
    Melee Basic Attack: +17 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
    Ranged Basic Attack: +18 vs AC, 1d10+10 damage
    Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Direct the Strike
    Insightful Warning, Staggering Shot, On My Mark, Lady Luck Smiles, Disciplined Counter
    Relentless Wounding, Create Opportunity, Coordinated Assault
    Firedeath, Inspiring Word (1/2), Shake It Off, Reorient the Axis, Unintended Feint, Favored Fortune
    Rebounding Longbow, Boots of the Fencing Master, Feytouched Armor, Boar Tusk Helm, Legacy Undying

Skirmishing Presence:
    When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift five squares before or after the attack.

Conditions:
    +1 item bonus to AC and Reflex

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ignore Dekana
    At Andras's direction, Jax finds the perfect opportunity to close in with the remaining warrior. Jax tumbles underneath the undead's reach, leaps high into the air, and bops the ghost with his dagger hilt. It must have been a powerful strike indeed, because it knocks even the ghost senseless.

Uncle Jaz, perhaps sensing that the battle is winding down, takes a few moments to stuff his pockets with gold. He does half-heatedly fire another crossbow bolt, but it goes totally wide, not coming even close to either ghost.

OOC: Extra damage: The next ally with combat advantage to hit Ghost Warrior 1 deals an extra 3d8+4 damage. (The warrior is stunned, so it is granting CA to everyone.)

Kobold actions / stats
    Jax
    I'll take the free shift to O13.

Minor: Kobold War Dance (Perfect Feint). Jax gains CA against Ghost Warrior 1 TENT Jax.

Standard: Stunning Strike vs Ghost Warrior 1 hits AC 39 for 53 cold damage, and it's stunned TENT Jax. (1d20+20+3=39; 1d6+15+2+2+5=30; 3d8+4=23)

Minor: Sneak in the Attack vs Ghost Warrior 1. Until the start of Jax's next turn, the next ally who hits Ghost Warrior 1 and has combat advantage against it deals 3d8+4 extra damage.

Uncle Jaz
    Move: Stuff gold into his pockets.

Standard: RBA vs Ghost Warrior 1 misses AC 22. (1d20+18+2=22) I can't help but laugh that Jax is getting all the good rolls, while Uncle Jaz is sucking up the bad rolls. Haha.

PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold, 13 Rogue / Daggermaster
    Passive Perception: 23, Passive Insight: 22
    AC:26, Fort:22, Reflex:26, Will:19, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:7
    HP:70/89, Bloodied:44, Surge Value:22, Surges left:9/9
    Initiative +14
    Action Points: 0 (encounter)

Conditions
    dagger uses 1d6 damage die TEOE

Powers
    MBA: +19 vs Reflex, 1d4+14; or with CA, +22 vs Reflex, 1d4+16 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
    RBA: +20 vs Reflex, 1d4+11; or with CA, +23 vs Reflex, 1d4+13 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
    Frost Dagger, Piercing Strike, Riposte Strike, Shifty
    Combat Tumbleset, Critical Opportunity, Feytouched, Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Royal Scamper, Running Slash, Second Wind, Sneak in the Attack, Stunning Strike
    Battlemaster's Dagger, Bloodbath, Frost Dagger, Knockout, Meditation of the Blade, Press the Advantage, Raven Cloak, Royal Blood

Combat notes: +2 damage with CA; +2 damage with cold; 18-20 crit range (except basic attacks); on crit, make MBA with offhand (not cold damage)
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

GM: Great job everyone, just a little more to go!
    Last edited by Luinnar; Saturday, 7th July, 2012 at 07:17 AM.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast