D&D 4th Edition Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord). - Page 5




+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 366
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    Ignore Dekana
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdytenor View Post
    Dorn stretches out his palm and lets a tiny ball of flame appear. He lets it linger for a second, then waves the flame away. His hands appear slightly redder than usual, but otherwise unharmed.
    "Oooh," Jax coos. He asks without a hint of sarcasm, "I didn't think about that. Say, can I get you to heat my bed at night, Dorn?

    OOC: Heal check to see if the boy is an undead, as the robot suggests.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

 

  • #42
    "Only if you don't mind waking up to a burning boat"

  • #43
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdytenor View Post
    "Only if you don't mind waking up to a burning boat"
    I, I, I, would not like to wake up and everything is burning and, and... the boy stutters, looking scared and tears filling his eyes.

    I'm going back to my cabin. I'll see if Carl is there again he says, blowing his nose on his sleeve and walking off.

    Jax

    The boy is unusually cold, even for the chill in the air. You sense there is something odd about him.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #44
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    Ignore Dekana
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdytenor View Post
    "Only if you don't mind waking up to a burning boat"
    "Uh... kind of. Maybe when we get to shore, then."

    "I think we should follow," Jax says to the party as the boy walks off. "Something didn't seem right with him. He felt frigid: too much for the air to do it." Jax moves to shadow the boy before he can get too far.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #45
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    Following Charles leads the group to the cargo deck and to a locked door. The door seems to blend in with the woodwork. Although some of you have seen this part of the ship before, you never noticed the door. Opening the lock with a key around his neck, Charles opens the door to reveal a small cabin. The bunk and footlockers are the same as in the other cabins, but two large trunks occupy one wall of the cabin. He opens one trunk which is partly empty and starts to root through it.Where is he? The boy says, throwing blankets onto the floor.

    Perception=25 (rolled)

    You find Carl the stuffed bear toy buried between the blankets on the bed. You also notice that is has a tuft of human hair on its head, the same color as Charles's hair.
    Last edited by Luinnar; Wednesday, 21st March, 2012 at 06:31 AM.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • #46
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Dekana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    2,070

    Ignore Dekana
    Jax lets Charles search the trunk himself, but he watches from the side. "Where's the last place you remember seeing him?"

    OOC: Jax isn't above stealing from the kid if there are any marbles or shiny objects in the trunk.
    Last edited by Dekana; Thursday, 22nd March, 2012 at 03:40 AM.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

  • #47
    ooc: Perception 32

    Andras notices something within the blankets and reaches down for it. "Ah, is this Carl?" He frowns slightly as he looks from toy to child, but the expression fades quickly. "This is a fine toy. Who made this for you, Charles?"

  • #48
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Iron Sky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,341

    Ignore Iron Sky
    Sir Exsixten walks over and examines the trunk.

    AH, A FINE CHOICE. GOOD SOLID TEAK THEY MADE THIS THING OUT OF. LITTLE WATER DAMAGE HERE, BUT ASIDE FROM THAT LOOKS STURDY.

    He "whispers" to Andras as he looks at the little boy. COMPANION, HITTING WITH AN AXE TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD AMONGST YOUR SPECIES: FATAL OR NON-FATAL? DEMONS SOMETIMES SURVIVE IT, SO IF I HIT HIM AND HE DIES, GOOD CHANCE HE'S NOT A DEMON.

  • #49
    Andras smiles awkwardly to Charles before turning around and whispering to Exsixten, "That wouldn't work. For starters, we're not the same species. I'm a genasi, he's a human. Try to come up with a test that will only prove fatal to demons. It will save us some time."

    ooc: Whoops, forgot to do this earlier, untrained religion check to see if this kid is a ghost. 21.

  • #50
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,729

    Ignore Luinnar
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBarking View Post
    ooc: Perception 32

    Andras notices something within the blankets and reaches down for it. "Ah, is this Carl?" He frowns slightly as he looks from toy to child, but the expression fades quickly. "This is a fine toy. Who made this for you, Charles?"
    Carl! Charles shouts happily, running over and grabbing the bear and hugging him. Thanks mister! My daddy made it for me. I don't see him much because he is away working a lot but he usually brings me back something, sometimes something he made himself!

    Jax

    On a table you see a shiny blue marble with a red squiggly thing inside (how do put those in there anyway?). It must belong to the boy.


    Andras

    You sense there is something odd about Charles. On the surface he seems like a normal boy, but there seems to be something wrong about him, hinting that he is not just a normal human that he appears to be. You cannot tell exactly what this strangeness about him is however.
    Last edited by Luinnar; Sunday, 25th March, 2012 at 04:59 PM.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 432
      Last Post: Friday, 5th October, 2012, 06:25 PM
    2. Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 948
      Last Post: Sunday, 26th February, 2012, 06:59 AM
    3. Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar)
      By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 312
      Last Post: Saturday, 25th February, 2012, 03:19 PM
    4. Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)
      By Luinnar in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 730
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st May, 2011, 08:23 AM
    5. Replies: 526
      Last Post: Tuesday, 5th January, 2010, 04:23 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •