OOC Thread for mleibrock's Council of Thieves Game

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
hey guys, how is this as a working background:

Background notes:
In the beginning there were men, made of clay, solars, made of light and the Jinn, made of the elements. Where the solars were the helpers of the gods for men, Jinn were the helpers of nature, the elements and the feywildes for men. The feywildes consisted of the the winter sidhe, the summer sidhe and the land of the Ai-'a-Keem, the land between.

Most of the Ai 'a Keem, the name of the land and the jinn who dwell there, were resentful of the clay ones, Man kind, but there are a select few who are there to defend mankind, to watch over them and protect them from their brethren, the winter sidhe and the summer sidhe.

A very few Ai 'a Keem were dispersed throughout the lands, as defenders of the peoples - Sorcerer-monks - passing their lineage to kin and select students alike; chosen for their dedication and steadfast loyalty. Very few named ones are known, as most are still young in their skills, still way more are just beginning. Such is this one, Ajim Sayed, son of the local master Kalem Sayed He has had to hide for some time, the fellow students that have survived are dispersed. It started with a betrayal, Jean III murdered just outside the monastery by the hellknights - the master's body hung on the spear tops of the iron gate facing into the compound as a horrific declaration to all within. The trainees scattered to the wind, some were smart, grabbing artifacts, supplies and weapons as they escaped to safe houses throughout the city.

It is hoped a call for help was sent out, but it is not going to be depended upon. most of the most promising students were spirited away with a vanguard of protective monks round about them, still others slipped through the shadows and now are still slink about, gathering help, bing the sharp pebble in the boot of the devil spawn.

This is it thus far. Oh, and I am on page 13 of the 31 pages of the ic thread

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
For the record, I must admit I was guilty of sticking my nose in this game thread and that is why I have been keeping up with this game. Posts 64 and 68 were responses to trying to find out what had happened to JTA.

JTA has alas been stolen away and replaced by a changeling that works hard all day and watches TV all night and has no time for gaming. He's enjoying his domestic situation and trying to make enough money to retire relatively young.

Leif

Adventurer
JTA has alas been stolen away and replaced by a changeling that works hard all day and watches TV all night and has no time for gaming. He's enjoying his domestic situation and trying to make enough money to retire relatively young.
*Sigh!* More power to him, I guess! Vaya con Dios, JA!

mleibrock

First Post
Looks like the others have filled you in pretty well (Thanks guys). Do you have any other questions? I think a zen archer would fit right in and be pretty useful.

Scott DeWar

no more at this time. I thought I was going to have to beg for a 3.5 feat, but I see monks can freely cross train to other classes.

Scott DeWar

I was happy I was not needing to use my begging card so I could use it to grovel at your majesty's feet for other things

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

I am curious as to what you guys think of this:

hey guys, how is this as a working background:

Background notes:
In the beginning there were men, made of clay, solars, made of light and the Jinn, made of the elements. Where the solars were the helpers of the gods for men, Jinn were the helpers of nature, the elements and the feywildes for men. The feywildes consisted of the the winter sidhe, the summer sidhe and the land of the Ai-'a-Keem, the land between.

Most of the Ai 'a Keem, the name of the land and the jinn who dwell there, were resentful of the clay ones, Man kind, but there are a select few who are there to defend mankind, to watch over them and protect them from their brethren, the winter sidhe and the summer sidhe.

A very few Ai 'a Keem were dispersed throughout the lands, as defenders of the peoples - Sorcerer-monks - passing their lineage to kin and select students alike; chosen for their dedication and steadfast loyalty. Very few named ones are known, as most are still young in their skills, still way more are just beginning. Such is this one, Ajim Sayed, son of the local master Kalem Sayed He has had to hide for some time, the fellow students that have survived are dispersed. It started with a betrayal, Jean III murdered just outside the monastery by the hellknights - the master's body hung on the spear tops of the iron gate facing into the compound as a horrific declaration to all within. The trainees scattered to the wind, some were smart, grabbing artifacts, supplies and weapons as they escaped to safe houses throughout the city.

It is hoped a call for help was sent out, but it is not going to be depended upon. most of the most promising students were spirited away with a vanguard of protective monks round about them, still others slipped through the shadows and now are still slink about, gathering help, bing the sharp pebble in the boot of the devil spawn.

This is it thus far. Oh, and I am on page 13 of the 31 pages of the ic thread

Remove ads