OOC Thread for mleibrock's Council of Thieves Game

Scotley

Hero
No offense taken at all, Mikey. I take all recent comments in the playful spirit in which I hope they have been intended.
;)

And I think I was a good player back in the 1E days, but I've been playing catch-up since then.

Seems like we had a couple pretty good 2e games with you as player in the late 80's as well...

I like the new avatar with two avatars on the cover of the deities book. Did you mean to be cute that way or just like the cover?

Leif

Adventurer
Seems like we had a couple pretty good 2e games with you as player in the late 80's as well...

I like the new avatar with two avatars on the cover of the deities book. Did you mean to be cute that way or just like the cover?
Agreed! I like this too.
Thanks for the kudos for the avatar! No, I had no idea what I was doing with it, I just like the cover. (Guess I'm cuter than I realize, huh?)

And, about 2E, those games were without me for the most part, I think. I don't remember playing 2E much, but I do remember one time over in Mike's basement when I was trying to play 1E while everyone else was playing 2e. That just sucked.

Not a clue :D. Liath hasn't even thought of the problem, and no one's said anything about it so far . . .
Dru's content to sit and wait in the dark until we get some light. :D

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
No offense taken at all, Mikey. I take all recent comments in the playful spirit in which I hope they have been intended.
;)

And I think I was a good player back in the 1E days, but I've been playing catch-up since then.

It was indeed intended to be playful. To answer your question, yes...200 pts have been awarded thus far.

As far as if you are a good player or not... WTF? Seriously? IMHO, you are probably the most motivated of us as far as learning and playing in a diverse collection of game types. And although that may not equate to being a "good player" it goes a long way.

I also feed humbleness is a welcome character trait in any of us and though few of your characters are humble ;) Leif is and I personally feel you ARE a good player. Now shut up!!!! :)

Leif

Adventurer
:blush: Up-Shutting immediately, as soon as I get through this series of multiple-freakin-posting!

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
And, about 2E, those games were without me for the most part, I think. I don't remember playing 2E much, but I do remember one time over in Mike's basement when I was trying to play 1E while everyone else was playing 2e. That just sucked.

2e came out at the start of our senior year at Hendrix. You weren't terribly active in gaming at that time, but I do remember a couple good games in the 90's. That Return to the Tomb of Horror's box set game I ran was 2e for most of its history, though we did switch to 3e about two thirds of the way in.

mleibrock

First Post
Lou,

Thank you for the perspective. I understand your frustration. I'm hesitant to have Janiven guide you too much. It seems to me the writers are wanting the group to begin to work together without much help from NPC's.

Mike is doing a good job attempting this though his character does not know everyone's limitations (or advantages for that matter), like lack of low-light vision.

The module is designed to keep a hurried pace down here but I don't think that means at all costs.

For all - I liked the feedback from Lou and would love to hear from the rest of you.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases