mleibrock's in-game thread for Council of Thieves

Lou

Explorer
Tiko

Tiko stands as the others do for the blessing. 'Tis a strange thing to ask spirits to bless food they had nothing to do with, she thinks while remaining respectful of others' customs. She sizes up Trevor, Anundr, and Dru as they exchange greetings. She smiles sweetly at Dru as he addresses her. "If we are to work together, I am sure we will get to know each other quite well."

As she starts to slowly eat, she catches her eye and addresses Leeth in an attempt to draw her out, "While the men seem to prefer heavy blades, I see you agree with me that the rapier has some advantages."

mleibrock

First Post
"Like all my people I am well versed in the use of bladed weapons. The blade is purely utilitarian. I am no entertainer despite what some might think. You have the look of one who has survived a scrape or too as well." He sweeps a hand over the others. "I am beginning to suspect that all this group has known trouble."

Suzume then stands and nods to Janiven and bows his head hands clasped before him. "Oh divine host, we humbly beseech you to bless this food that it may nourish our bodies and bring us together in fellowship. We ask that you bless our hostess for preparing this food and for her bravery in bringing us together in this place to discuss the problems of our city. We ask that you bless us with equal measures of strength and wisdom that we might be a force for change and agents of good."

After Suzume has concluded the blessing, Janiven will speak, "Thank you Suzume, that was lovely. Please all of you be seated. I know most of you have a lot of questions and I promise they will all be answered after dinner. I hope we can get to know each other and what we each stand for a little over this meal. I have always thought breaking bread together is one of the nicest bonding experiences, but then I do get a bit overly romantic at times. So...everyone...please partake."
OOC:
Everyone roll perception.

OOC: If anyone still finds hey are mistrusting of Janiven, then please roll sense motive.

Leif

Adventurer
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier

Dru eats with some gusto, while still trying to pay attention to his surroundings. Evidently he is hungrier than he thought, and he bears some slight resemblance to Blister wearing a feedbag.

[sblock=Dru Xorik, Cav1, Sheet]
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier, age: 20
Align: C/G Deity: Sarenrae
S15 +2mod = [13(3pts) +2 racial adj. (human)]
D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

HP: 11
AC: 20 [10base+8Half Plate+2HvyShield+0dex(armor)] [in Hide+Shld: AC 17, FF 16, T 11]
FF: 20 T: 10
(W/O shield - AC: 18, FF: 18, T: 10)
BAB: +1, CMB: +2, CMD: 13
Hero Points: 1

Saves:
Fort: +4 = +2[class]+1[ability]+1[trait]
Ref: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]
Will: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]

Cavalier Class and Order of the Dragon Features:
*Challenge 1/day ) [allies gain +1 to att subject whenever Dru threatens subject]
*Perception and Survival added to class skills. [When use Survival to find food and water or protect from weather, gain bonus = 1/2 cav level, min +1]
*Tactician - Precise Strike Teamwork Feat -- By spending 1 standard action, Dru can grant his teamwork feat, Precise Strike, to all allies w/in 30 feet who can see and hear him. Feat grants to each flanking ally +1d6 damage against flanked opponent.

Feats:
*Weapon Focus, Greatsword (+1 att) [Reg. feat]
*Weapon Focus, Flail (+1 att) [Human bonus feat]
*Precise Strike (Cavalier Bonus Teamwork feat) Req: must flank with ally Eff: all flanking allies who have this feat deal an extra 1d6 precision damage with each successful attack.

Skills [6 ranks at L1]:
Climb 1 rank, (+2 str), (+3 class skill) = +6 [-1 in half plate, +3 in Hide]
Diplomacy 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Intimidate 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Perception 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill), (+1/2 cav level, min +1) = +6
Ride 1 rank, (+1 dex), (+3 class skill) = +5 [no ACP on Blister, otherwise, -2 in 1/2 plate +2 inHide]
Survival 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill) (+1/2 cav level to find food/shelter, min+1) = +5 (+6)

TRAITS
Resilient [+1 Fort saves]
Rich Parents [starting money=900 gp]

[900 gp starting money due to trait]
*= Gear of Choice
*Half Plate (+8 AC) (-7 ACP) (600gp)
Back-up Armor: Hide Armor (+4 AC) (15gp)
*Heavy Wooden Shield (+2 AC) (7gp) (ordinarily used but not always- strapped on back if not)
Greatsword +4 att/2d6+3, 19-20/X2 (50gp) (strapped across his back when not in use, under the shield)
*Flail +4 att/1d8+2, X2, Disarm, Trip (8gp)
2 Handaxes, +3 att/1d6+2, X3 (6gp) (used as missiles mostly)
Short Sword +3 att/1d6+2, 19-20/X2 (10gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Hammer (the tool kind not the weapon kind) (5sp)
4 Days' Trail Rations (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)
10gp 4 sp 8 cp remaining money

Mount - "Blister", Light Horse (Palomino)
*Fancy* Studded Leather Barding (130 gp, +3 AC)
*Ornate* Military Saddle (40 gp)
*Heavy Duty* Bit & Bridle (4gp)
*Tricked Out Fancy* Saddlebags (8gp)
[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Janiven

Once most are finished with their salads, Janiven gathers up the empty plates and again heads toward the kitchen. She again returns, this time with 8 empty plates. She places one at each place setting. She again enters the kitchen to retrieve a pitcher of water which she places in the center of the table. Yet again she leaves to return with a large platter on top of which is a large dish filled with a roast, another large container filled with potatoes and finally a smaller one filled with gravy.

She moves to the empty end of the table and uses it to help her balance the tray as she unloads the food.

Once all the food is on the table she says, "Please help yourself." She moves the tray to the side wall and seats herself. She will wait until everyone has filled their plates before she partakes.

[sblock=OOC] Those that rolled 10 and up notice Janiven has looked to the door and the clock several times so far this evening [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
LiathStarateliEWPortrait.png

Liath smiles - just barely, a corner of her mouth quirking up - at the big man's comment but is not baited into a return sally. As Janiven bustles around and does her best to set everyone at ease, she sits quietly and keeps a keen eye on everyone in the room.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases