mleibrock's in-game thread for Council of Thieves

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
LiathStarateliEWPortrait.png

The gray girl stirs at Dru's words and shows those gathered once more that her reticence does not mean she's reluctant to assert herself.

"You speak true, bird-man. But just so we's clear I speak plain. Those as live in Despair - my family - are dear. And Despair's my only ever home. I'll not work for hearts and minds to lead 'em to a war that will expire 'em. An' war with Thrune - matter's not the end - will expire home an' family."

[sblock=OOC]It's likely that Liath's way of speaking will fluctuate - in fact, this little speech is different from what I've written for her before. I'm trying to write as I imagine someone with her background would speak but it's not something I do often and I'm finding it hard.

Apologies in advance for any missteps and fluctuations that are too jarring ;).[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier

"Understand this, Liath, I do not speak of thrusting all into service. I fully understand that there are those who wot not even which end of a sword to use. And still others who would not though they do know. I respect these choices even as I understand that it falls to men like me to bear the burdens of war. But our feathered friend speaks well, and I would hear more words of our hostess, too."

[sblock=Dru Xorik, Cav1, Sheet]
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier, age: 20
Align: C/G Deity: Sarenrae
S15 +2mod = [13(3pts) +2 racial adj. (human)]
D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

HP: 11
AC: 20 [10base+8Half Plate+2HvyShield+0dex(armor)] [in Hide+Shld: AC 17, FF 16, T 11]
FF: 20 T: 10
(W/O shield - AC: 18, FF: 18, T: 10)
BAB: +1, CMB: +2, CMD: 13
Hero Points: 1

Saves:
Fort: +4 = +2[class]+1[ability]+1[trait]
Ref: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]
Will: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]

Cavalier Class and Order of the Dragon Features:
*Challenge 1/day ) [allies gain +1 to att subject whenever Dru threatens subject]
*Perception and Survival added to class skills. [When use Survival to find food and water or protect from weather, gain bonus = 1/2 cav level, min +1]
*Tactician - Precise Strike Teamwork Feat -- By spending 1 standard action, Dru can grant his teamwork feat, Precise Strike, to all allies w/in 30 feet who can see and hear him. Feat grants to each flanking ally +1d6 damage against flanked opponent.

Feats:
*Weapon Focus, Greatsword (+1 att) [Reg. feat]
*Weapon Focus, Flail (+1 att) [Human bonus feat]
*Precise Strike (Cavalier Bonus Teamwork feat) Req: must flank with ally Eff: all flanking allies who have this feat deal an extra 1d6 precision damage with each successful attack.

Skills [6 ranks at L1]:
Climb 1 rank, (+2 str), (+3 class skill) = +6 [-1 in half plate, +3 in Hide]
Diplomacy 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Intimidate 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Perception 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill), (+1/2 cav level, min +1) = +6
Ride 1 rank, (+1 dex), (+3 class skill) = +5 [no ACP on Blister, otherwise, -2 in 1/2 plate +2 inHide]
Survival 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill) (+1/2 cav level to find food/shelter, min+1) = +5 (+6)

TRAITS
Resilient [+1 Fort saves]
Rich Parents [starting money=900 gp]

[900 gp starting money due to trait]
*= Gear of Choice
*Half Plate (+8 AC) (-7 ACP) (600gp)
Back-up Armor: Hide Armor (+4 AC) (15gp)
*Heavy Wooden Shield (+2 AC) (7gp) (ordinarily used but not always- strapped on back if not)
Greatsword +4 att/2d6+3, 19-20/X2 (50gp) (strapped across his back when not in use, under the shield)
*Flail +4 att/1d8+2, X2, Disarm, Trip (8gp)
2 Handaxes, +3 att/1d6+2, X3 (6gp) (used as missiles mostly)
Short Sword +3 att/1d6+2, 19-20/X2 (10gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Hammer (the tool kind not the weapon kind) (5sp)
4 Days' Trail Rations (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)
10gp 4 sp 8 cp remaining money

Mount - "Blister", Light Horse (Palomino)
*Fancy* Studded Leather Barding (130 gp, +3 AC)
*Ornate* Military Saddle (40 gp)
*Heavy Duty* Bit & Bridle (4gp)
*Tricked Out Fancy* Saddlebags (8gp)
[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Janiven

Trying to look at each of you but more so at Anundr and Liath who seem a bit more reluctant, "This fight is not only for us who live now but for those who come after us if you have no desire to do what is right and needed to help those who can't help themselves then we should part ways now..."

An sudden excited pounding at the door interrupts Janiven's soapbox speech. She immediately adopts a defensive posture and then makes her way to a window. She peers slowly peers through to see who's knocking and then quickly moves to the door, unlocks it and opens it.

In stumbles an out-of-breath and frightened-looking teenager named Morosino (male human child). “They’ve got Arael!” he calls out, then immediately doubles over in a fit of coughing brought on by his long run. Janiven’s face grows grim as she comforts Morosino and asks him to explain himself; in a moment the lad recovers enough to spurt out, “The dottari nabbed Arael, and the Hellknights of the Rack are trying to get custody of him! There’s a bunch of Hellknights on their way here now! I only just made it in here; they’ve already surrounded us!” At that point, the sound of clanking armor advancing on the tavern becomes apparent.

Rhun

First Post
Anundr stands and draws his greatsword in a single fluid, graceful motion. He moves to take up a position near the door, glaring at Jannivan as he does so. "What have you gotten us into, woman? And why have they apprehended this Arael?"

Scotley

Hero
"Hellknights!" Suzume squawks it out as a vehement curse. His blade joins Anundr's flashing into the light. "How many boy? Do they truly surround us or have they only reached the front of the place?" He utters a quick prayer in the language of heaven and ends it with "bless us with the will to overcome our fears and best our foes," in common.

OOC: Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects for one minute.

Leif

Adventurer
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier

Dru retrieves his armor and his greatsword from the cloakroom where he left them, straps his shield across his back, and gets the rest of his weapons, too. "The Hellknights must have a powerful death wish today. A little help, please, Anundr, with the straps of this armor?"

[sblock=Dru Xorik, Cav1, Sheet]
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier, age: 20
Align: C/G Deity: Sarenrae
S15 +2mod = [13(3pts) +2 racial adj. (human)]
D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

HP: 11
AC: 20 [10base+8Half Plate+2HvyShield+0dex(armor)] [in Hide+Shld: AC 17, FF 16, T 11]
FF: 20 T: 10
(W/O shield - AC: 18, FF: 18, T: 10)
BAB: +1, CMB: +2, CMD: 13
Hero Points: 1

Saves:
Fort: +4 = +2[class]+1[ability]+1[trait]
Ref: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]
Will: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]

Cavalier Class and Order of the Dragon Features:
*Challenge 1/day ) [allies gain +1 to att subject whenever Dru threatens subject]
*Perception and Survival added to class skills. [When use Survival to find food and water or protect from weather, gain bonus = 1/2 cav level, min +1]
*Tactician - Precise Strike Teamwork Feat -- By spending 1 standard action, Dru can grant his teamwork feat, Precise Strike, to all allies w/in 30 feet who can see and hear him. Feat grants to each flanking ally +1d6 damage against flanked opponent.

Feats:
*Weapon Focus, Greatsword (+1 att) [Reg. feat]
*Weapon Focus, Flail (+1 att) [Human bonus feat]
*Precise Strike (Cavalier Bonus Teamwork feat) Req: must flank with ally Eff: all flanking allies who have this feat deal an extra 1d6 precision damage with each successful attack.

Skills [6 ranks at L1]:
Climb 1 rank, (+2 str), (+3 class skill) = +6 [-1 in half plate, +3 in Hide]
Diplomacy 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Intimidate 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Perception 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill), (+1/2 cav level, min +1) = +6
Ride 1 rank, (+1 dex), (+3 class skill) = +5 [no ACP on Blister, otherwise, -2 in 1/2 plate +2 inHide]
Survival 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill) (+1/2 cav level to find food/shelter, min+1) = +5 (+6)

TRAITS
Resilient [+1 Fort saves]
Rich Parents [starting money=900 gp]

[900 gp starting money due to trait]
*= Gear of Choice
*Half Plate (+8 AC) (-7 ACP) (600gp)
Back-up Armor: Hide Armor (+4 AC) (15gp)
*Heavy Wooden Shield (+2 AC) (7gp) (ordinarily used but not always- strapped on back if not)
Greatsword +4 att/2d6+3, 19-20/X2 (50gp) (strapped across his back when not in use, under the shield)
*Flail +4 att/1d8+2, X2, Disarm, Trip (8gp)
2 Handaxes, +3 att/1d6+2, X3 (6gp) (used as missiles mostly)
Short Sword +3 att/1d6+2, 19-20/X2 (10gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Hammer (the tool kind not the weapon kind) (5sp)
4 Days' Trail Rations (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)
10gp 4 sp 8 cp remaining money

Mount - "Blister", Light Horse (Palomino)
*Fancy* Studded Leather Barding (130 gp, +3 AC)
*Ornate* Military Saddle (40 gp)
*Heavy Duty* Bit & Bridle (4gp)
*Tricked Out Fancy* Saddlebags (8gp)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
LiathStarateliEWPortrait.png

Liath feels panic beginning to wash over her as the sound of the Hellknights' armor clunks ever closer. She fades into the shadows in a corner and frantically scans the room for other exits.

"Stop! We's not to be fighting the Hellknights here, unless we's wanting them on our heads for good an' all! We's needin' to get out, not take 'em on!"

J. Alexander

First Post
Trevor will load his heavy crossbow as the other discuss what to do and will say "Either way, if we fight or flee I can offer some covering fire to make them miserable...the doorways are our weakest if two can stand to a side so as to flank i will have direct shots into the center mass...if we flee then I will need to either be one of the first or the last to cover the retreat,"

mleibrock

First Post
Janiven

"I'm so sorry for getting you involved in this matter, I had hoped it would be your decision and not forced upon you", Janiven speaks calmly as the Hellknights start hammering loudly on the locked doors. A booming voice from without is heard,"COME OUT AND GIVE YOURSELVES UP!"

Morosino's face looks truly frightened and panicked as he answers Suzume's question, "There are 15 or 20 of them and they truly have the tavern surrounded."

As the pounding on the door increases, Janiven and Morosino begin to move behind the decrepit bar where they lift up a heavy trap door in the floor. "Everyone, we can escape here, this shaft drops down into the Westcrown sewers and we should be able to lose the Hellknights quickly"

Morosino quickly disappears down the hatch and Janiven stands holding the trap door open, clearly awaiting your decision.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases