mleibrock's in-game thread for Council of Thieves - Page 15





  1. #141
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    mleibrock's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westmont, IL
    Posts
    3,146
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore mleibrock
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Thanking Janiven for the potions, Tiko asks, "So where are we going? And if we have to fight, what is our goal? Simply to escape or to kill?"
    "Well, right now we are headed to the safe house but if we can't lose the Hellknights, we are gonna divert as I'd like to keep that safehouse unknown to them. As far as fighting, I always say never leave anything undone but killing is a personal decision you have to make for yourself."

    As the group progresses further into the sewers you begin to notice, thanks to Suzume's light, that Westcrown's sewer system really is impressive. Though barely above sea level, the cleverly designed sewer tunnels continue to carry Westcrown's filth away, and for the most part, citizens never think about the sanitation process. Up ahead the ceiling begins to slope down to a height of 5' and those of you who are taller than this will have to stoop. There is a 3' deep trench at your feet that carries water and filth and takes up half the 10' wide tunnel and is located in the center - leaving 2 1/2' stone ledge on each side, which you notice is a bit slippery at junction points. You begin to mentally thank the engineers as even with all the rain Westcrown has had the past few days, the water in here still remains below the side walkways. They have done an excellent job indeed.

    As the group moves further ahead, you all notice rainwater enters the sewers from tiny barred grates in the streets, most so small that an adult halfling couldnít squeeze through, and travels through an angled pipe that directs the runoff to the closest tunnelís drainage side, exiting about a foot above the peak flow-level of the sewer channel. These grates also supply the only light in these tunnels so that at this time of day/ evening, it's almost completely dark.

    Anundr
    As you move forward to join Liath, you find, you've moved far enough from Suzume's light source that you can not see her any longer. You hear movement from up ahead but are unable to see clearly.


    Liath
    Roll perception please

 

  • #142
    Na Bith Mo Riocht TŠ! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,215
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Mowgli
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #143
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    mleibrock's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westmont, IL
    Posts
    3,146
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore mleibrock
    Liath
    You see and hear the hulking barbarian behind you. He seems to be between you and the group. About 20 feet ahead, you see a ladder leading up to the street level but can't quite see what's at the top of the ladder. You also a pile of rubble at the base of the ladder. This pile of rubble seems to have something else other than rubble in it, but you'll have to get closer to see it better.

  • #144
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,801
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Rhun
    For DM
    Anundr remains silent and continues forward. The barbarian assumes that Liath is okay, since he hasn't heard anything of concern.


    OOC: Is the low tunnel going to impede the use of a greatsword? If so, the barbarian will take a moment to sheath the sword and switch to shield & warhammer.
    - Rhun

    For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

  • #145
    Na Bith Mo Riocht TŠ! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,215
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Mowgli


    Rapier drawn, Liath moves carefully closer to the rubble pile, but still manages to slip on the slick ledge and make a splash as one of her feet goes into the sewage.

    DM
    Is the ladder more than 60' high? Liath sees perfectly even in pitchy black out to that distance.
    Last edited by Mowgli; Wednesday, 4th April, 2012 at 01:18 AM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #146
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    mleibrock's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westmont, IL
    Posts
    3,146
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore mleibrock
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhun View Post
    For DM
    Anundr remains silent and continues forward. The barbarian assumes that Liath is okay, since he hasn't heard anything of concern.


    OOC: Is the low tunnel going to impede the use of a greatsword? If so, the barbarian will take a moment to sheath the sword and switch to shield & warhammer.
    Rhun
    Good pick up. Yes, I would say it would hinder you unless you want to walk in the center filth filled stream

  • #147
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    mleibrock's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westmont, IL
    Posts
    3,146
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore mleibrock
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
    Rapier drawn, Liath moves carefully closer to the rubble pile, but still manages to slip on the slick ledge and make a splash as one of her feet goes into the sewage.

    DM
    Is the ladder more than 60' high? Liath sees perfectly even in pitchy black out to that distance.
    Mowgli
    You are correct, of course. Sorry about that. At the top of the rusty ladder is a rectangular iron trap door that seems to have a hole for a key

  • #148
    Na Bith Mo Riocht TŠ! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,215
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Mowgli
    OOC
    Not a problem; it's tough keeping up with everyone's different abilities .
    Given Janiven's warning that the grates aren't really an option, Liath passes the ladder and continues to move to the rubble pile.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #149
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    mleibrock's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westmont, IL
    Posts
    3,146
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore mleibrock

    Janiven

    As the group follows Janiven you all see Anundr at the very edge of the Suzume's light source so that his backside is dimly visible. Up a little further ahead, everyone hears a splash but then quiet again. Janiven stops her stride to listen more intently but when no other sound is heard, she looks back at the group to be sure everyone is still with her and begins to move forward again.

    Liath
    Liath's keen eye (and well rolled perception check) notices the rubble pile doesn't seem haphazard. It looks like it might be hiding something beneath it.

  • #150
    Na Bith Mo Riocht TŠ! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,215
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ý Ignore Mowgli


    Liath sheathes her rapier and takes a moment to examine the pile without touching it, looking all around for any twine or wires that might signal the presence of a trap. So long as she sees nothing of the sort, she carefully sifts through the pile, making as little noise as she can.

    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 15 of 83 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. OOC Thread for mleibrock's Council of Thieves Game
      By mleibrock in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 117
      Last Post: Thursday, 10th July, 2014, 05:13 AM
    2. Toasterferret's Council of Thieves
      By toasterferret in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 131
      Last Post: Monday, 19th September, 2011, 03:47 PM
    3. Council of Thieves or Kingmaker?
      By Gorrath in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Tuesday, 18th May, 2010, 02:42 PM
    4. Opinions on Council of Thieves AP?
      By Dimitri Mazieres in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: Friday, 19th March, 2010, 03:22 AM
    5. The Council of Thieves AP
      By Herremann the Wise in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: Wednesday, 23rd September, 2009, 06:24 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •