mleibrock's in-game thread for Council of Thieves

mleibrock

First Post
Hellknights

A flaming crossbow bolt comes flying down the hole but narrowly misses Drulox's calf as he moves out of the light. Luckily for the group, the bolt lands in the water and is quickly extinguished

Party is up, though being to the side of the hole none of you are able to see anything above the hole.

Actions?

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC/ML]
Sorry Mike,

I thought I attached this map but apparently I did not, this will make things a little easier. The voices are coming from above B-1.

Unfortunately as you began exploring this area you've become nearly 100' ahead of the group. The rest of the group has not yet even entered the map are you are currently in. From your posts, I assumed your priority was to investigate this area and not remain near the group. I apologize if I assumed incorrectly but we are here now, so let's play it out. Where would you like to position Liath?

No problem - thinking back on Janiven's cautions I should likely have realized you were thinking I meant for her to be farther ahead than I did. Her priority was to scout a little way ahead, hopefully locating any traps before the group got to them and getting the drop on anyone waiting to ambush us.

For future reference, in situations like this that will be her goal and she won't get farther than 60' ahead (one round of double movement) unless the party light source goes out farther than that.

I had that map; I just didn't have information on which hallway the voices were coming from. Also I was confused because I was thinking the rest of the party was closer, but they weren't on the map.[/sblock]

LiathStarateliEWPortrait.png

When she hears the voices, Liath spins quickly to warn the rest of the group, only to realize that her focus on scouting ahead had made her oblivious to what was happening behind . . . she'd lost the rest of them.

Well, crap. Nice going, girly . . . now you're no position to help them, and you'll be damned lucky to survive the next few minutes.

Thinking quickly, she moves around the corner and back into one of the other hallways. She props her rapier against the wall in easy reach and readies her bow.

[sblock=OOC]Move to E4/E5, prop the rapier and ready her bow.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier1

"Hellknights to our rear," warns Dru, "with pointy things." Dru will try to get even more out of their line of sight as he prepares his flail to inflict maximum punishment on the foe, and he will do everything he can to flank with an ally, but he is more concerned with denying them any additional free shots with missiles.

[sblock=Dru Xorik, Cav1, Sheet]
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier1, age: 20
Align: C/G Deity: Sarenrae
S15 +2mod = [13(3pts) +2 racial adj. (human)]
D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

HP: 12
AC: 20 [10base+8Half Plate+2HvyShield+0dex(armor)] [in Hide+Shld: AC 17, FF 16, T 11]
FF: 20 T: 10
(W/O shield - AC: 18, FF: 18, T: 10)
BAB: +1, CMB: +2, CMD: 13
Hero Points: 1

Saves:
Fort: +4 = +2[class]+1[ability]+1[trait]
Ref: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]
Will: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]

Cavalier Class and Order of the Dragon Features:
*Challenge 1/day ) [allies gain +1 to att subject whenever Dru threatens subject]
*Perception and Survival added to class skills. [When use Survival to find food and water or protect from weather, gain bonus = 1/2 cav level, min +1]
*Tactician - Precise Strike Teamwork Feat -- By spending 1 standard action, Dru can grant his teamwork feat, Precise Strike, to all allies w/in 30 feet who can see and hear him. Feat grants to each flanking ally +1d6 damage against flanked opponent.

Feats:
*Weapon Focus, Greatsword (+1 att) [Reg. feat]
*Weapon Focus, Flail (+1 att) [Human bonus feat]
*Precise Strike (Cavalier Bonus Teamwork feat) Req: must flank with ally Eff: all flanking allies who have this feat deal an extra 1d6 precision damage with each successful attack.

Skills [6 ranks at L1]:
Climb 1 rank, (+2 str), (+3 class skill) = +6 [-1 in half plate, +3 in Hide]
Diplomacy 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Intimidate 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Perception 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill), (+1/2 cav level, min +1) = +6
Ride 1 rank, (+1 dex), (+3 class skill) = +5 [no ACP on Blister, otherwise, -2 in 1/2 plate +2 inHide]
Survival 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill) (+1/2 cav level to find food/shelter, min+1) = +5 (+6)

TRAITS
Resilient [+1 Fort saves]
Rich Parents [starting money=900 gp]

[900 gp starting money due to trait]
*= Gear of Choice
*Half Plate (+8 AC) (-7 ACP) (600gp)
Back-up Armor: Hide Armor (+4 AC) (15gp)
*Heavy Wooden Shield (+2 AC) (7gp) (ordinarily used but not always- strapped on back if not)
Greatsword +4 att/2d6+3, 19-20/X2 (50gp) (strapped across his back when not in use, under the shield)
*Flail +4 att/1d8+2, X2, Disarm, Trip (8gp)
2 Handaxes, +3 att/1d6+2, X3 (6gp) (used as missiles mostly)
Short Sword +3 att/1d6+2, 19-20/X2 (10gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Hammer (the tool kind not the weapon kind) (5sp)
4 Days' Trail Rations (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)
Potions of Healing (gift from Janiven), 3
10gp 4 sp 8 cp remaining money

Mount - "Blister", Light Horse (Palomino)
*Fancy* Studded Leather Barding (130 gp, +3 AC)
*Ornate* Military Saddle (40 gp)
*Heavy Duty* Bit & Bridle (4gp)
*Tricked Out Fancy* Saddlebags (8gp)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
[sblock=OOC/ML]

No problem - thinking back on Janiven's cautions I should likely have realized you were thinking I meant for her to be farther ahead than I did. Her priority was to scout a little way ahead, hopefully locating any traps before the group got to them and getting the drop on anyone waiting to ambush us.

For future reference, in situations like this that will be her goal and she won't get farther than 60' ahead (one round of double movement) unless the party light source goes out farther than that.

I had that map; I just didn't have information on which hallway the voices were coming from. Also I was confused because I was thinking the rest of the party was closer, but they weren't on the map.[/sblock]

LiathStarateliEWPortrait.png

When she hears the voices, Liath spins quickly to warn the rest of the group, only to realize that her focus on scouting ahead had made her oblivious to what was happening behind . . . she'd lost the rest of them.

Well, crap. Nice going, girly . . . now you're no position to help them, and you'll be damned lucky to survive the next few minutes.

Thinking quickly, she moves around the corner and back into one of the other hallways. She props her rapier against the wall in easy reach and readies her bow.

[sblock=OOC]Move to E4/E5, prop the rapier and ready her bow.[/sblock]

[sblock=Liath] OOC - good spot. IC - please roll move silently [/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
group,

Here is a very crude map of where you are.

You are moving from right to left and the left most of the two "boxes" represents the ladder where the crossbow bolt just came down. I assume youa re continuing left since all of the party was already left except Dru.

Please correct me if I am wrong and let me know where each of you intend to be.

Anundr is just off the map at B10 but is headed back to you guys.

Sorry about the quality of the map, I'm no Mikey!

Attachments

• group.xlsx
    250.6 KB · Views: 79

Leif

Adventurer
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier1

Dru will station himself in K10 until all the others have moved further west (left), then he will proceed west (left), too, as rear guard. In the meantime Dru will keep his flail in hand and be ready to do battle with our pursuers.

OOC: Lou, the other ladder is the white thingy in R10. ;) At least, I thnk so?

[sblock=Dru Xorik, Cav1, Sheet]
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier1, age: 20
Align: C/G Deity: Sarenrae
S15 +2mod = [13(3pts) +2 racial adj. (human)]
D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

HP: 12
AC: 20 [10base+8Half Plate+2HvyShield+0dex(armor)] [in Hide+Shld: AC 17, FF 16, T 11]
FF: 20 T: 10
(W/O shield - AC: 18, FF: 18, T: 10)
BAB: +1, CMB: +2, CMD: 13
Hero Points: 1

Saves:
Fort: +4 = +2[class]+1[ability]+1[trait]
Ref: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]
Will: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]

Cavalier Class and Order of the Dragon Features:
*Challenge 1/day ) [allies gain +1 to att subject whenever Dru threatens subject]
*Perception and Survival added to class skills. [When use Survival to find food and water or protect from weather, gain bonus = 1/2 cav level, min +1]
*Tactician - Precise Strike Teamwork Feat -- By spending 1 standard action, Dru can grant his teamwork feat, Precise Strike, to all allies w/in 30 feet who can see and hear him. Feat grants to each flanking ally +1d6 damage against flanked opponent.

Feats:
*Weapon Focus, Greatsword (+1 att) [Reg. feat]
*Weapon Focus, Flail (+1 att) [Human bonus feat]
*Precise Strike (Cavalier Bonus Teamwork feat) Req: must flank with ally Eff: all flanking allies who have this feat deal an extra 1d6 precision damage with each successful attack.

Skills [6 ranks at L1]:
Climb 1 rank, (+2 str), (+3 class skill) = +6 [-1 in half plate, +3 in Hide]
Diplomacy 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Intimidate 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Perception 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill), (+1/2 cav level, min +1) = +6
Ride 1 rank, (+1 dex), (+3 class skill) = +5 [no ACP on Blister, otherwise, -2 in 1/2 plate +2 inHide]
Survival 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill) (+1/2 cav level to find food/shelter, min+1) = +5 (+6)

TRAITS
Resilient [+1 Fort saves]
Rich Parents [starting money=900 gp]

[900 gp starting money due to trait]
*= Gear of Choice
*Half Plate (+8 AC) (-7 ACP) (600gp)
Back-up Armor: Hide Armor (+4 AC) (15gp)
*Heavy Wooden Shield (+2 AC) (7gp) (ordinarily used but not always- strapped on back if not)
Greatsword +4 att/2d6+3, 19-20/X2 (50gp) (strapped across his back when not in use, under the shield)
*Flail +4 att/1d8+2, X2, Disarm, Trip (8gp)
2 Handaxes, +3 att/1d6+2, X3 (6gp) (used as missiles mostly)
Short Sword +3 att/1d6+2, 19-20/X2 (10gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Hammer (the tool kind not the weapon kind) (5sp)
4 Days' Trail Rations (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)
Potions of Healing (gift from Janiven), 3
10gp 4 sp 8 cp remaining money

Mount - "Blister", Light Horse (Palomino)
*Fancy* Studded Leather Barding (130 gp, +3 AC)
*Ornate* Military Saddle (40 gp)
*Heavy Duty* Bit & Bridle (4gp)
*Tricked Out Fancy* Saddlebags (8gp)
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases