mleibrock's in-game thread for Council of Thieves

mleibrock

First Post
Tiko will move back towards the first ladder.

OOC: Where was it?

Sorry Lou, about the confusing map, I should have taken more time to create a better one. The first ladder is about Column R you are currently about column I and moving left. Are you sure Tiko wants to break away from the group and move between the two ladders? FYI - you know hellknights are above the ladder at column L and you have previously heard them following you so they may be coming up from off the map to the right.

Scotley

Hero
"We already decided that fighting the Hellknights was foolish, we must keep moving." Suzume will encourage those ahead of him to keep moving (left or east on the map) as quickly as possible.

Leif

Adventurer
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier1

"We already decided that fighting the Hellknights was foolish, we must keep moving." Suzume will encourage those ahead of him to keep moving (left or east on the map) as quickly as possible.
"Sweet Sarenrae but it galls me to avoid this fight! I vow here and now that one day I, Drulox Xorik, shall cease to run from these Hellknights and shall strike down the iron-shod demons where they stand. Then shall all Hellknights first quake with fear at the name 'Drulox Xorik' and then shall they all piss in their boots!"

"Keep moving where?" Tiko hisses.
"The nearest place where we can safely regroup, assess our strengths, and plan our counterattack!"

[sblock=Dru Xorik, Cav1, Sheet]
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier1, age: 20
Align: C/G Deity: Sarenrae
S15 +2mod = [13(3pts) +2 racial adj. (human)]
D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

HP: 12
AC: 20 [10base+8Half Plate+2HvyShield+0dex(armor)] [in Hide+Shld: AC 17, FF 16, T 11]
FF: 20 T: 10
(W/O shield - AC: 18, FF: 18, T: 10)
BAB: +1, CMB: +2, CMD: 13
Hero Points: 1

Saves:
Fort: +4 = +2[class]+1[ability]+1[trait]
Ref: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]
Will: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]

Cavalier Class and Order of the Dragon Features:
*Challenge 1/day ) [allies gain +1 to att subject whenever Dru threatens subject]
*Perception and Survival added to class skills. [When use Survival to find food and water or protect from weather, gain bonus = 1/2 cav level, min +1]
*Tactician - Precise Strike Teamwork Feat -- By spending 1 standard action, Dru can grant his teamwork feat, Precise Strike, to all allies w/in 30 feet who can see and hear him. Feat grants to each flanking ally +1d6 damage against flanked opponent.

Feats:
*Weapon Focus, Greatsword (+1 att) [Reg. feat]
*Weapon Focus, Flail (+1 att) [Human bonus feat]
*Precise Strike (Cavalier Bonus Teamwork feat) Req: must flank with ally Eff: all flanking allies who have this feat deal an extra 1d6 precision damage with each successful attack.

Skills [6 ranks at L1]:
Climb 1 rank, (+2 str), (+3 class skill) = +6 [-1 in half plate, +3 in Hide]
Diplomacy 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Intimidate 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Perception 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill), (+1/2 cav level, min +1) = +6
Ride 1 rank, (+1 dex), (+3 class skill) = +5 [no ACP on Blister, otherwise, -2 in 1/2 plate +2 inHide]
Survival 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill) (+1/2 cav level to find food/shelter, min+1) = +5 (+6)

TRAITS
Resilient [+1 Fort saves]
Rich Parents [starting money=900 gp]

[900 gp starting money due to trait]
*= Gear of Choice
*Half Plate (+8 AC) (-7 ACP) (600gp)
Back-up Armor: Hide Armor (+4 AC) (15gp)
*Heavy Wooden Shield (+2 AC) (7gp) (ordinarily used but not always- strapped on back if not)
Greatsword +4 att/2d6+3, 19-20/X2 (50gp) (strapped across his back when not in use, under the shield)
*Flail +4 att/1d8+2, X2, Disarm, Trip (8gp)
2 Handaxes, +3 att/1d6+2, X3 (6gp) (used as missiles mostly)
Short Sword +3 att/1d6+2, 19-20/X2 (10gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Hammer (the tool kind not the weapon kind) (5sp)
4 Days' Trail Rations (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)
Potions of Healing (gift from Janiven), 3
10gp 4 sp 8 cp remaining money

Mount - "Blister", Light Horse (Palomino)
*Fancy* Studded Leather Barding (130 gp, +3 AC)
*Ornate* Military Saddle (40 gp)
*Heavy Duty* Bit & Bridle (4gp)
*Tricked Out Fancy* Saddlebags (8gp)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
[sblock=OOC - group minus Liath] I'm digging the in-character chatter during a difficult and confusing time. The adventure path is intended to be confusing at this point. Keep it up and let me know what your characters are doing when they decide. [/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
[sblock=Liath] You hear the voices getting louder and the arguing finally becomes visual to you when you see the backs of three men who seem to be wearing armor of the Order of the Rack but it's hard to be 100% sure at this distance.

You first seem them as they come into your sight from the right of the wooden bridge (E-14). They hesitate as they look at the three options. Each is steadfast in their opinion that a different hallway is the "right one". The argument finally stops when one of them, places his leg behind another and pushes him backwards into the cesspit. The man who is now flat on his back and covered in sewage gets up clearly enraged and the two others take off down the hallway away from you (E-24) until they are completely out of your sight. The now drenched man looks about and silently walks down the same hallway the other two moved down.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Liath] You hear the voices getting louder and the arguing finally becomes visual to you when you see the backs of three men who seem to be wearing armor of the Order of the Rack but it's hard to be 100% sure at this distance.

You first seem them as they come into your sight from the right of the wooden bridge (E-14). They hesitate as they look at the three options. Each is steadfast in their opinion that a different hallway is the "right one". The argument finally stops when one of them, places his leg behind another and pushes him backwards into the cesspit. The man who is now flat on his back and covered in sewage gets up clearly enraged and the two others take off down the hallway away from you (E-24) until they are completely out of your sight. The now drenched man looks about and silently walks down the same hallway the other two moved down.[/sblock]

LiathStarateliEWPortrait.png

Fuming silently at the proximity of those who've brought ruin to her 'family,' Liath nevertheless allows her head to rule her heart. No sense getting yourself killed, girlie. Three HellKnights are a bit much even for you! Let it be . . . for now.

She holds her position until the last Rack disappears even from her sight, then moves cautiously back toward the rest of the group. Once she gets to where she knows they can see her - just at the edge of the dim light from their torch - she gives a short, sharp whistle to get their attention and beckons them to follow.

(Assuming they follow her) she leads them quickly back to the open area from whence she just came.

[sblock=OOC]That should cover Liath for a few rounds . . . I'll post more once we're to the open area or something happens to permanently interrupt her plans.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Trevor will look at the ladder they are closest to "Am i right in that this appears to be an easy way out"

"Perhaps, I'll have a quick look." Suzume climbs the ladder as quickly as he can. He dismisses his light spell as he goes up. He will take a look and see if the way is clear here.

Remove ads