mleibrock's in-game thread for Council of Thieves

Leif

Adventurer
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier1

Anundr keeps careful watch back the way they came, expecting hellknights to emerge from the darkness at any moment.

[OOC: Ok, I'm confused, too. I tried to find what Iwas doing and couldn't, so I dunno, man, Dru's just hangin' out and hoping to find a monster or two to slay.]

[sblock=Dru Xorik, Cav1, Sheet]
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier1, age: 20
Align: C/G Deity: Sarenrae
S15 +2mod = [13(3pts) +2 racial adj. (human)]
D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

HP: 12
AC: 20 [10base+8Half Plate+2HvyShield+0dex(armor)] [in Hide+Shld: AC 17, FF 16, T 11]
FF: 20 T: 10
(W/O shield - AC: 18, FF: 18, T: 10)
BAB: +1, CMB: +2, CMD: 13
Hero Points: 1

Saves:
Fort: +4 = +2[class]+1[ability]+1[trait]
Ref: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]
Will: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]

Cavalier Class and Order of the Dragon Features:
*Challenge 1/day ) [allies gain +1 to att subject whenever Dru threatens subject]
*Perception and Survival added to class skills. [When use Survival to find food and water or protect from weather, gain bonus = 1/2 cav level, min +1]
*Tactician - Precise Strike Teamwork Feat -- By spending 1 standard action, Dru can grant his teamwork feat, Precise Strike, to all allies w/in 30 feet who can see and hear him. Feat grants to each flanking ally +1d6 damage against flanked opponent.

Feats:
*Weapon Focus, Greatsword (+1 att) [Reg. feat]
*Weapon Focus, Flail (+1 att) [Human bonus feat]
*Precise Strike (Cavalier Bonus Teamwork feat) Req: must flank with ally Eff: all flanking allies who have this feat deal an extra 1d6 precision damage with each successful attack.

Skills [6 ranks at L1]:
Climb 1 rank, (+2 str), (+3 class skill) = +6 [-1 in half plate, +3 in Hide]
Diplomacy 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Intimidate 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Perception 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill), (+1/2 cav level, min +1) = +6
Ride 1 rank, (+1 dex), (+3 class skill) = +5 [no ACP on Blister, otherwise, -2 in 1/2 plate +2 inHide]
Survival 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill) (+1/2 cav level to find food/shelter, min+1) = +5 (+6)

TRAITS
Resilient [+1 Fort saves]
Rich Parents [starting money=900 gp]

[900 gp starting money due to trait]
*= Gear of Choice
*Half Plate (+8 AC) (-7 ACP) (600gp)
Back-up Armor: Hide Armor (+4 AC) (15gp)
*Heavy Wooden Shield (+2 AC) (7gp) (ordinarily used but not always- strapped on back if not)
Greatsword +4 att/2d6+3, 19-20/X2 (50gp) (strapped across his back when not in use, under the shield)
*Flail +4 att/1d8+2, X2, Disarm, Trip (8gp)
2 Handaxes, +3 att/1d6+2, X3 (6gp) (used as missiles mostly)
Short Sword +3 att/1d6+2, 19-20/X2 (10gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Hammer (the tool kind not the weapon kind) (5sp)
4 Days' Trail Rations (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)
Potions of Healing (gift from Janiven), 3
10gp 4 sp 8 cp remaining money

Mount - "Blister", Light Horse (Palomino)
*Fancy* Studded Leather Barding (130 gp, +3 AC)
*Ornate* Military Saddle (40 gp)
*Heavy Duty* Bit & Bridle (4gp)
*Tricked Out Fancy* Saddlebags (8gp)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
cesspit

So Liath and Anundr stay put in the large center-area of the map.

Janiven, Suzume and Trevor head off to the NE hallway, the one the Hell Knights previously came from.

Tiko, Dru and Morosino head off toward the NW hallway.

As Suzume's group leaves the center area, all without low-light vision quickly realize, this plan is not going to work. Janiven smiles as she walks and feels a bit vindicated in knowing Liath's plan may need a little help after all.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
LiathStarateliEWPortrait.png

"But some's are not being builded for such fisticuffs."

mleibrock

First Post
OOC - Hey Guys,

I need some participation. I realize Todd is out due to computer issues but I'd like some info on what the rest of you are doing.

It has been proposed by Liath to split up and explore the two Northern Hallways.

Janiven, Suzume and Trevor head off to the NE hallway, the one the Hell Knights previously came from.

Tiko, Dru and Morosino head off toward the NW hallway.

Does anyone have any issues? I for one find it interesting Liath is choosing to stay in the center and wait for the groups to return, being she is probably the stealthiest of the group. But maybe that's just your GM trying to cause problems. :devil:

Leif, if Dru doesn't want to go, he needs to speak up. Maybe there are others in the group that feel the same. Might be a good bonding opportunity.

Leif

Adventurer

Dru says in a stage whisper, "Hold on, hold on! Don't split the party! If we're going where the hellknights are, we'll need everyone fighting together." Dru immediately switches over into the NE hallway with Suzume, Janiven, and Trevor, shaking his head in dismay as he does so. "Sheesh. Just when I think I've extracted my head from my hindparts...."

D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

AC: 20 [10base+8Half Plate+2HvyShield+0dex(armor)] [in Hide+Shld: AC 17, FF 16, T 11]

Saves:

*Challenge 1/day ) [allies gain +1 to att subject whenever Dru threatens subject]
*Perception and Survival added to class skills. [When use Survival to find food and water or protect from weather, gain bonus = 1/2 cav level, min +1]
*Tactician - Precise Strike Teamwork Feat -- By spending 1 standard action, Dru can grant his teamwork feat, Precise Strike, to all allies w/in 30 feet who can see and hear him. Feat grants to each flanking ally +1d6 damage against flanked opponent.

Feats:
*Precise Strike (Cavalier Bonus Teamwork feat) Req: must flank with ally Eff: all flanking allies who have this feat deal an extra 1d6 precision damage with each successful attack.

Skills [6 ranks at L1]:
Ride 1 rank, (+1 dex), (+3 class skill) = +5 [no ACP on Blister, otherwise, -2 in 1/2 plate +2 inHide]
Survival 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill) (+1/2 cav level to find food/shelter, min+1) = +5 (+6)

TRAITS

*= Gear of Choice
*Heavy Wooden Shield (+2 AC) (7gp) (ordinarily used but not always- strapped on back if not)
Greatsword +4 att/2d6+3, 19-20/X2 (50gp) (strapped across his back when not in use, under the shield)
Backpack (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]OK, since we're talking OOC, here's Liath's thinking:

There are exactly TWO people in this party who've ever actually seen these "sword marks" that are supposed to point us in the right direction. There are also exactly TWO hallways down which we're NOT sure there are Hellknights (they are behind us in the west hall, and she saw two of them head off down the south hall).

So she split the group in two, putting one of the folks who know what they're looking for in each party along with two others to protect them. She didn't think about them not being able to see, but they're big boys and girls and are perfectly capable of lighting a torch, sunrod, or a light spell if they need to. Janiven's proposal was that they go just to the first turn, and Liath didn't suggest anything different, so it's not like they're going far.

There's no use trying too hard to be sneaky here - not only do we have particularly un-sneaky sorts wearing full on metal armor with us, the HellKnights already know we're here. Or at least they know we're in the sewers, have a last known location and know what direction we went from there. So she's thinking that our best bet is to locate the marks quickly and GET MOVING. Whichever of the two (Janiven or the kid) finds the mark will whistle and everyone else can move to them. If we make that happen before the HellKnights behind us actually catch up they won't have any way of knowing which of the two Northern hallways we've gone down.

But if we stand here playing with our tallywhackers (or whatever passes for such on those of us who are womenfolk) and trying to decide which of us is smarter than all the others, we'll still be doing that when those HellKnights behind us finally make it into this room and we'll have the full on fight some of us are looking for.

Liath's understanding from Janiven is that we're supposed to avoid doing anything that will get us identified and branded publicly as dissenters, so she's trying to avoid a fight with the enforcers of the law in Cheliax (that'd be the HellKnights, for those who are confused). However, if we get into said fight we'll be needing to kill 'em all (and let Pharasma sort 'em out).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

[sblock=OOC]
That's a good plan, Mowgs, in theory, but you make a questionable assumption when you plan on half the party being able to survive an encounter with the Hellknights. I'll go along if that is the consensus, but I tend to think, or, rather, fear that splitting the party is the same as sacrificing half our number.
[/sblock]

D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

Saves:

Feats:

Skills [6 ranks at L1]:

TRAITS

*= Gear of Choice
Backpack (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]
That's a good plan, Mowgs, in theory, but you make a questionable assumption when you plan on half the party being able to survive an encounter with the Hellknights. I'll go along if that is the consensus, but I tend to think, or, rather, fear that splitting the party is the same as sacrificing half our number.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]They only have to survive the encounter if the HellKnights catch up before they explore those two halls to the first turn. I'm not sure it's the best plan either; it's just the plan I thought Liath would have come up with given her understanding of Janiven's wishes, her past experience and her way of approaching problems. OOC Knowledge: Keep in mind that she's never had a team to work with before - she's been completely on her own in hostile territory for her entire life, and is used to making decisions and acting on them without having anyone else to discuss them with./OOC Knowledge

In this case, I happen to also think that hanging out and discussing the issue will be the same as deciding to confront the HellKnights head on, so she made a plan and tossed it out there.[/sblock]

Remove ads