mleibrock's in-game thread for Council of Thieves

J. Alexander

First Post
"Horses can be good companions provided one's snoring does not put them in a foul mood" trevor replies to Drux.

Turning slightly so as to catch the other "As it appears we are all here for the same reason more or less, would you like to join us in a spot of ale good sir"

mleibrock

First Post
Janiven

"ale" squaks the cowled figure. He watches the others curiously, his dark eyes glittering from under the hood.

Janiven smiles to herself as the Tengu enters, proud of herself for rallying such a diverse group of individuals.

She takes a pull from the repaired tap, half to pour the newcomer's beverage and half to see how her repair changes the flow.

Seemingly satisfied with the tap, she walks over to the newest joiner and sets his ale on the table. "Have a seat Suzume, it shan't be much longer."

As Janiven walks back to the bar she says, "Please excuse me for a minute, I need to check on our dinner, the others should be here momentarily". With this she again disappears through a door behind the bar into what you assume to be the kitchen.

Leif

Adventurer
Drulox "Dru" Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier1, HP11, AC20, FF20, T10

"Horses can be good companions provided one's snoring does not put them in a foul mood" trevor replies to Drux.

"Apparently, you don't know my Blister! He's a good horse, to be sure, but he farts like a fiend."

[sblock=Dru Xorik, Cav1, Sheet]
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier, age: 20
Align: C/G Deity: Sarenrae
S15 +2mod = [13(3pts) +2 racial adj. (human)]
D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

HP: 11
AC: 20 [10base+8Half Plate+2HvyShield+0dex(armor)] [in Hide+Shld: AC 17, FF 16, T 11]
FF: 20 T: 10
(W/O shield - AC: 18, FF: 18, T: 10)
BAB: +1, CMB: +2, CMD: 13
Hero Points: 1

Saves:
Fort: +4 = +2[class]+1[ability]+1[trait]
Ref: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]
Will: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]

Cavalier Class and Order of the Dragon Features:
*Challenge 1/day ) [allies gain +1 to att subject whenever Dru threatens subject]
*Perception and Survival added to class skills. [When use Survival to find food and water or protect from weather, gain bonus = 1/2 cav level, min +1]
*Tactician - Precise Strike Teamwork Feat -- By spending 1 standard action, Dru can grant his teamwork feat, Precise Strike, to all allies w/in 30 feet who can see and hear him. Feat grants to each flanking ally +1d6 damage against flanked opponent.

Feats:
*Weapon Focus, Greatsword (+1 att) [Reg. feat]
*Weapon Focus, Flail (+1 att) [Human bonus feat]
*Precise Strike (Cavalier Bonus Teamwork feat) Req: must flank with ally Eff: all flanking allies who have this feat deal an extra 1d6 precision damage with each successful attack.

Skills [6 ranks at L1]:
Climb 1 rank, (+2 str), (+3 class skill) = +6 [-1 in half plate, +3 in Hide]
Diplomacy 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Intimidate 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Perception 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill), (+1/2 cav level, min +1) = +6
Ride 1 rank, (+1 dex), (+3 class skill) = +5 [no ACP on Blister, otherwise, -2 in 1/2 plate +2 inHide]
Survival 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill) (+1/2 cav level to find food/shelter, min+1) = +5 (+6)

TRAITS
Resilient [+1 Fort saves]
Rich Parents [starting money=900 gp]

[900 gp starting money due to trait]
*= Gear of Choice
*Half Plate (+8 AC) (-7 ACP) (600gp)
Back-up Armor: Hide Armor (+4 AC) (15gp)
*Heavy Wooden Shield (+2 AC) (7gp) (ordinarily used but not always- strapped on back if not)
Greatsword +4 att/2d6+3, 19-20/X2 (50gp) (strapped across his back when not in use, under the shield)
*Flail +4 att/1d8+2, X2, Disarm, Trip (8gp)
2 Handaxes, +3 att/1d6+2, X3 (6gp) (used as missiles mostly)
Short Sword +3 att/1d6+2, 19-20/X2 (10gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Hammer (the tool kind not the weapon kind) (5sp)
4 Days' Trail Rations (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)
10gp 4 sp 8 cp remaining money

Mount - "Blister", Light Horse (Palomino)
*Fancy* Studded Leather Barding (130 gp, +3 AC)
*Ornate* Military Saddle (40 gp)
*Heavy Duty* Bit & Bridle (4gp)
*Tricked Out Fancy* Saddlebags (8gp)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
The cowled figure approaches at the invitation. "It was good of you to leave him outside then," he says in an inhuman voice peppered with clicks and a high pitched intonation. He hesitates as he reaches the offered seat, then as if coming to a sudden decision he whips off the cloak with a flourish tossing it over the back of the chair. A most unusual sight is revealed. Suzume is a dark raven headed humanoid over 6 feet tall with vestigial black wings. He wears the strange armor of his people made of hexagonal metal plates secured together with mail. Over this armor silken clothing of dark blue and gray. A hand and a half sword is on his hip. A buckler on his wrist is emblazoned with a diving raptor symbol of vengeance for the Tengu and his holy symbol. Suzume seems to fade into the background his movements a blur. There is little sound when he moves and he might be called catlike were it not a mortal insult to one of avian decent. He bears a narrow quiver of javelins and a backpack modified to fit between his wings. On his clawed feet are soft rope sandals. "Rather warm in here for my tastes." He looks at each of you in turn with intense beady black bird eyes, gauging your reaction to his strange appearance. Tengu are rare in Westcrown, but not unknown. "I am Suzume Kenta, a humble priest of my people." He sounds educated, even cultured despite the peculiar avian intonation of his voice. "It is a pleasure to make you acquaintance." He dips a long beak into the ale and then tilts his head back to swallow.

Attachments

• suzume.jpg
    suzume.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 79

Leif

Adventurer
Drulox "Dru" Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier1, HP11, AC20, FF20, T10

Dru's face shows little surprise and some familiarity as he observes Suzume's avian form, "I have not seen one of your 'feather' for a number of years, friend Suzume. At one time there were several Tengu employed as hunters on my father's estate." Dru looks thoughtful for a moment and then continues, "Oh, and I agree completely with your assessment of the wisdom of keeping Blister far away from any eating or drinking activity, I mean, *YU-UCK!*"

D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

AC: 20 [10base+8Half Plate+2HvyShield+0dex(armor)] [in Hide+Shld: AC 17, FF 16, T 11]

Saves:

*Challenge 1/day ) [allies gain +1 to att subject whenever Dru threatens subject]
*Perception and Survival added to class skills. [When use Survival to find food and water or protect from weather, gain bonus = 1/2 cav level, min +1]
*Tactician - Precise Strike Teamwork Feat -- By spending 1 standard action, Dru can grant his teamwork feat, Precise Strike, to all allies w/in 30 feet who can see and hear him. Feat grants to each flanking ally +1d6 damage against flanked opponent.

Feats:
*Precise Strike (Cavalier Bonus Teamwork feat) Req: must flank with ally Eff: all flanking allies who have this feat deal an extra 1d6 precision damage with each successful attack.

Skills [6 ranks at L1]:
Ride 1 rank, (+1 dex), (+3 class skill) = +5 [no ACP on Blister, otherwise, -2 in 1/2 plate +2 inHide]
Survival 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill) (+1/2 cav level to find food/shelter, min+1) = +5 (+6)

TRAITS

*= Gear of Choice
*Heavy Wooden Shield (+2 AC) (7gp) (ordinarily used but not always- strapped on back if not)
Greatsword +4 att/2d6+3, 19-20/X2 (50gp) (strapped across his back when not in use, under the shield)
Backpack (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
Startled by the appeareace of something so unfamilar to him, Trevor falls backward in his chair, spilling his ale, and scrambles to get up while moving away from the form before him. Then catching himself he begins to turn bright red "I am so sorry, you startled me is all, I have never seen one of your kind before"

Scotley

Hero
Suzume offers a hand to help Trevor up. "My people are here in Westcrown as in other cities, but we are not numerous. Indeed there are few of us here now. We do not flourish under oppressive regimes. My purpose in coming here today was to meet others who chaff under the oppressive rule here."

J. Alexander

First Post
Making the best of it, Trevor accepts the upright hand and then picks up his chair etc. He resumes his seat but farther rather than closer to the avian creature before him

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Liath%20Starateli%20%28EW%20Portrait%29.png

The tavern door opens, admitting a slight figure wrapped in a gray cloak. The light in the room glints from yellow eyes beneath the hood, and there's something in the walk as the figure crosses the room that tells those watching this is a girl . . . but not one who advertises the fact.

She makes her way to a table in the gloom between the lanterns' light, adjusting the rapier at her side with the ease of long familiarity as she seats herself and becomes still; the shadows swaddle her form and her gray skin fades into the gloom, making her somewhat difficult to see.

Liath%20Starateli%20%28EW%29%201.png

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier1, HP11, AC20, FF20, T10

Suspecting by now that all who enter the taveren at this early hour will probably have some common connection, Dru turns his chair 45 degrees so that the newcomer is within his comfortable field of vision and says, "Good day, milady, it would seem that you might as well join us at our table since we are evidently afflicted with his sudden thirst at the same early hour of the day for similar reasons. ;) I am called 'Dru,' by the way."

D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

Saves:

Feats:

Skills [6 ranks at L1]:

TRAITS

*= Gear of Choice
Backpack (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads