mleibrock's in-game thread for Council of Thieves

Rhun

First Post
Suzume looks at the gruff newcomer and decides to try a greeting. "Welcome sir, I am Suzume Kenta, a humble priest of my people."

Anundr's gaze sweeps over Suzume, his face unreadable. After a moment, he acknowledges the Tengu's greeting. "Priest," he says simply. "I've fought beside some of your kind. Capable warriors. I trust your blade is not just for show?"

mleibrock

First Post
Janiven

Janiven disappears from the dining room for a brief minute and returns with an oversized stein brimming with mead. "Happy to have some here for you." She says as she places the container in front of Anundr.

"Well... let's get going on this dinner, I hope it's acceptable to all." She again disappears, this time into the kitchen and returns with a large tray with seven wooden bowels containing a nice mix of fresh greens. There is oil and vinegar on the table as well as salt and pepper.

She places a salad bowel in front of each of you (save Liath), including the two empty spots, one of which you assume she will reside. She again leaves and returns with 3 small baskets filled with the same sweet bread you had before and a glass of wine. She places the bread at varies spots on the table and the red wine in front of her spot.

She now sits and asks, "Suzume, since you've already let the cat out of the bag a bit about what you can contribute, would you mind leading us in a blessing of this food?"

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Anundr's gaze sweeps over Suzume, his face unreadable. After a moment, he acknowledges the Tengu's greeting. "Priest," he says simply. "I've fought beside some of your kind. Capable warriors. I trust your blade is not just for show?"

"Like all my people I am well versed in the use of bladed weapons. The blade is purely utilitarian. I am no entertainer despite what some might think. You have the look of one who has survived a scrape or too as well." He sweeps a hand over the others. "I am beginning to suspect that all this group has known trouble."

Suzume then stands and nods to Janiven and bows his head hands clasped before him. "Oh divine host, we humbly beseech you to bless this food that it may nourish our bodies and bring us together in fellowship. We ask that you bless our hostess for preparing this food and for her bravery in bringing us together in this place to discuss the problems of our city. We ask that you bless us with equal measures of strength and wisdom that we might be a force for change and agents of good."

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
In response to the big mans' appereance Trevor will says ' Lord i thought one of my brothers had been sent to fetch me home" "You can see why I am considred the runt of the litter, my brothers are his size" Smiling Trevor extends his hand "Greetings, I am Trevor and please dont crush the hand" Looking bewteen the misthaced pair it is easy to guess how Trevor's brothers must look, as both share the same hair color and eye color"

When the blessing is said,. Trevor will just stand quietly by his chari.

Leif

Adventurer
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier1

Dru offers Tiko a welcoming glance. "Welcome, Lady," he says to her. To Anundr, Dru gives a collegial nod, recognizing a kindred spirit skilled in the martial arts, if one who employs a different method. "Well met, Anundr, I am Dru Xorik. You are welcome behind my shield, Brother, though I'm guessing you won't avail yourself of it often."

[sblock=Dru Xorik, Cav1, Sheet]
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier, age: 20
Align: C/G Deity: Sarenrae
S15 +2mod = [13(3pts) +2 racial adj. (human)]
D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

HP: 11
AC: 20 [10base+8Half Plate+2HvyShield+0dex(armor)] [in Hide+Shld: AC 17, FF 16, T 11]
FF: 20 T: 10
(W/O shield - AC: 18, FF: 18, T: 10)
BAB: +1, CMB: +2, CMD: 13
Hero Points: 1

Saves:
Fort: +4 = +2[class]+1[ability]+1[trait]
Ref: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]
Will: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]

Cavalier Class and Order of the Dragon Features:
*Challenge 1/day ) [allies gain +1 to att subject whenever Dru threatens subject]
*Perception and Survival added to class skills. [When use Survival to find food and water or protect from weather, gain bonus = 1/2 cav level, min +1]
*Tactician - Precise Strike Teamwork Feat -- By spending 1 standard action, Dru can grant his teamwork feat, Precise Strike, to all allies w/in 30 feet who can see and hear him. Feat grants to each flanking ally +1d6 damage against flanked opponent.

Feats:
*Weapon Focus, Greatsword (+1 att) [Reg. feat]
*Weapon Focus, Flail (+1 att) [Human bonus feat]
*Precise Strike (Cavalier Bonus Teamwork feat) Req: must flank with ally Eff: all flanking allies who have this feat deal an extra 1d6 precision damage with each successful attack.

Skills [6 ranks at L1]:
Climb 1 rank, (+2 str), (+3 class skill) = +6 [-1 in half plate, +3 in Hide]
Diplomacy 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Intimidate 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Perception 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill), (+1/2 cav level, min +1) = +6
Ride 1 rank, (+1 dex), (+3 class skill) = +5 [no ACP on Blister, otherwise, -2 in 1/2 plate +2 inHide]
Survival 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill) (+1/2 cav level to find food/shelter, min+1) = +5 (+6)

TRAITS
Resilient [+1 Fort saves]
Rich Parents [starting money=900 gp]

[900 gp starting money due to trait]
*= Gear of Choice
*Half Plate (+8 AC) (-7 ACP) (600gp)
Back-up Armor: Hide Armor (+4 AC) (15gp)
*Heavy Wooden Shield (+2 AC) (7gp) (ordinarily used but not always- strapped on back if not)
Greatsword +4 att/2d6+3, 19-20/X2 (50gp) (strapped across his back when not in use, under the shield)
*Flail +4 att/1d8+2, X2, Disarm, Trip (8gp)
2 Handaxes, +3 att/1d6+2, X3 (6gp) (used as missiles mostly)
Short Sword +3 att/1d6+2, 19-20/X2 (10gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Hammer (the tool kind not the weapon kind) (5sp)
4 Days' Trail Rations (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)
10gp 4 sp 8 cp remaining money

Mount - "Blister", Light Horse (Palomino)
*Fancy* Studded Leather Barding (130 gp, +3 AC)
*Ornate* Military Saddle (40 gp)
*Heavy Duty* Bit & Bridle (4gp)
*Tricked Out Fancy* Saddlebags (8gp)
[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Dru offers Tiko a welcoming glance. "Welcome, Lady," he says to her. To Anundr, Dru gives a collegial nod, recognizing a kindred spirit skilled in the martial arts, if one who employs a different method. "Well met, Anundr, I am Dru Xorik. You are welcome behind my shield, Brother, though I'm guessing you won't avail yourself of it often."

D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

AC: 20 [10base+8Half Plate+2HvyShield+0dex(armor)] [in Hide+Shld: AC 17, FF 16, T 11]

Saves:

*Challenge 1/day ) [allies gain +1 to att subject whenever Dru threatens subject]
*Perception and Survival added to class skills. [When use Survival to find food and water or protect from weather, gain bonus = 1/2 cav level, min +1]
*Tactician - Precise Strike Teamwork Feat -- By spending 1 standard action, Dru can grant his teamwork feat, Precise Strike, to all allies w/in 30 feet who can see and hear him. Feat grants to each flanking ally +1d6 damage against flanked opponent.

Feats:
*Precise Strike (Cavalier Bonus Teamwork feat) Req: must flank with ally Eff: all flanking allies who have this feat deal an extra 1d6 precision damage with each successful attack.

Skills [6 ranks at L1]:
Ride 1 rank, (+1 dex), (+3 class skill) = +5 [no ACP on Blister, otherwise, -2 in 1/2 plate +2 inHide]
Survival 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill) (+1/2 cav level to find food/shelter, min+1) = +5 (+6)

TRAITS

*= Gear of Choice
*Heavy Wooden Shield (+2 AC) (7gp) (ordinarily used but not always- strapped on back if not)
Greatsword +4 att/2d6+3, 19-20/X2 (50gp) (strapped across his back when not in use, under the shield)
Backpack (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)

[/sblock]

OOC:
Leif, Tiko dress raises some innate feelings in you. It's probable she was a very attractive young woman. Time has not been incredibly kind to her but still she is by no means unattractive.

Leif

Adventurer
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier1

"Tiko, I look forward to getting to know you better! Yes, much better, indeed!"

D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

Saves:

Feats:

Skills [6 ranks at L1]:

TRAITS

*= Gear of Choice
Backpack (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)

[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Anundr gives a gruff nod of greeting to both Trevor and Dru, and with the blessing done he grabs up some of the sweet bread and begins to eat. It is obvious that wherever he comes from, proper table etiquette is not something that is regularly observed.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Liath%20Starateli%20%28EW%20Portrait%29.png

The gray girl gives the newcomers bold looks from her chair at the table. She stands respectfully, head bowed, as the bird-man recites his prayer, and whispers "Until hope's end," as Suzumi falls silent. Completely unabashed, she takes her seat again and watches as the others start their meal.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases