mleibrock's in-game thread for Council of Thieves

Scotley

Hero
"I have trained with lighter blades and very heavy ones. All have their merits in skilled hands. I prefer one that gives me options. Bigger than a toothpick, but not so large that I cannot keep a hand free to cast a spell or make a grab." Suzume tries to keep an eye on things, but he is distracted by worrying about what Janiven is trying to accomplish. He takes a slice of roast and some potatoes.

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Tiko

Tiko smiles briefly at Anundr's remark and Liath's response. She eats and drinks slowly, keeping her wits about her. Tiko finally asks Janivan, "Are you expecting anyone else?"

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Janiven

During dinner, Janiven participates in conversation when addressed but it more content to listen to the others and observe their interactions.

Rhun

First Post
Anundr eats only small portions, and nurses his mead. He remains mostly quiet, watching and listening to the others.

Scotley

Hero
Suzume eats like a bird, a big hungry raptor of a bird. He consumes a large portion of the meat with gravy and a few potatoes, but only slowly drinks the ale. He doesn't use a knife as his powerful beak easily slices through the roast. It seems likely it would prove a useful weapon as well. He tries to converse, but finds it awkward to engage in normal conversation with folk so private. He does his best to talk of better times.

Leif

Adventurer
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier

Dru is the first to finish shoveling his food down his throat. When he gets done, he looks up at Suzume with a look that strongly implies, "Ha, ha, beat you!"

[sblock=Dru Xorik, Cav1, Sheet]
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier, age: 20
Align: C/G Deity: Sarenrae
S15 +2mod = [13(3pts) +2 racial adj. (human)]
D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

HP: 11
AC: 20 [10base+8Half Plate+2HvyShield+0dex(armor)] [in Hide+Shld: AC 17, FF 16, T 11]
FF: 20 T: 10
(W/O shield - AC: 18, FF: 18, T: 10)
BAB: +1, CMB: +2, CMD: 13
Hero Points: 1

Saves:
Fort: +4 = +2[class]+1[ability]+1[trait]
Ref: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]
Will: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]

Cavalier Class and Order of the Dragon Features:
*Challenge 1/day ) [allies gain +1 to att subject whenever Dru threatens subject]
*Perception and Survival added to class skills. [When use Survival to find food and water or protect from weather, gain bonus = 1/2 cav level, min +1]
*Tactician - Precise Strike Teamwork Feat -- By spending 1 standard action, Dru can grant his teamwork feat, Precise Strike, to all allies w/in 30 feet who can see and hear him. Feat grants to each flanking ally +1d6 damage against flanked opponent.

Feats:
*Weapon Focus, Greatsword (+1 att) [Reg. feat]
*Weapon Focus, Flail (+1 att) [Human bonus feat]
*Precise Strike (Cavalier Bonus Teamwork feat) Req: must flank with ally Eff: all flanking allies who have this feat deal an extra 1d6 precision damage with each successful attack.

Skills [6 ranks at L1]:
Climb 1 rank, (+2 str), (+3 class skill) = +6 [-1 in half plate, +3 in Hide]
Diplomacy 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Intimidate 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Perception 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill), (+1/2 cav level, min +1) = +6
Ride 1 rank, (+1 dex), (+3 class skill) = +5 [no ACP on Blister, otherwise, -2 in 1/2 plate +2 inHide]
Survival 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill) (+1/2 cav level to find food/shelter, min+1) = +5 (+6)

TRAITS
Resilient [+1 Fort saves]
Rich Parents [starting money=900 gp]

[900 gp starting money due to trait]
*= Gear of Choice
*Half Plate (+8 AC) (-7 ACP) (600gp)
Back-up Armor: Hide Armor (+4 AC) (15gp)
*Heavy Wooden Shield (+2 AC) (7gp) (ordinarily used but not always- strapped on back if not)
Greatsword +4 att/2d6+3, 19-20/X2 (50gp) (strapped across his back when not in use, under the shield)
*Flail +4 att/1d8+2, X2, Disarm, Trip (8gp)
2 Handaxes, +3 att/1d6+2, X3 (6gp) (used as missiles mostly)
Short Sword +3 att/1d6+2, 19-20/X2 (10gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Hammer (the tool kind not the weapon kind) (5sp)
4 Days' Trail Rations (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)
10gp 4 sp 8 cp remaining money

Mount - "Blister", Light Horse (Palomino)
*Fancy* Studded Leather Barding (130 gp, +3 AC)
*Ornate* Military Saddle (40 gp)
*Heavy Duty* Bit & Bridle (4gp)
*Tricked Out Fancy* Saddlebags (8gp)
[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Janiven

Once most are finished with dinner you turn your attentions to things other than eating and again notice Janiven's nervousness and it seems as if she is eating purposefully slowly.

Once dinner is over, and with still a few hours to go before sundown, Janiven locks the front door and shutters the windows, then takes a deep breath and says,

"Thank you for agreeing to meet with me here, this afternoon, I promise we'll be done in less than an hour so everyone has time to get home before sunset.

I have chosen each of you for a singular reason—everyone here, myself included, has suffered, whether we realize it or not. I have lived in Westcrown my whole life, and although I love this city, I must admit, as must you, that despite our peace and prosperity, we continue to suffer. Fear should not be an expected part of life, and yet each night brings fear to our doorsteps. Yes, Westcrown has been safe from war and famine for nearly seventy years, and yes, our businesses has prospered—but this safety and prosperity has been bought in the coinage of fear and prayers to Hell. Other lands live free from tyranny. Other cities do not fear the night. Other
governments do not cede the streets to monsters of the infernal shadows. Westcrown was once such a place, and she wants to be such a place again. Westcrown is not only her buildings and canals and docks and history—she is also her people. Westcrown is our friends and neighbors, our mothers
and fathers, our siblings and cousins, our sons and daughters! With but a small group of supporters and dedicated brothers and sisters, we can earn the trust and admiration of those people. A Westcrown free of these shadowy beasts that stalk our streets is one step closer to a Westcrown free of the devil that is the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune!"

Leif

Adventurer
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier

"But surely we cannot stand against the full might of House Thune in an all-out war? How will this thing be accomplished?"

[sblock=Dru Xorik, Cav1, Sheet]
Drulox ("Dru") Xorik, Human, Order of the Dragon Cavalier, age: 20
Align: C/G Deity: Sarenrae
S15 +2mod = [13(3pts) +2 racial adj. (human)]
D13 +1 mod = (3pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
I 11 +0 mod = (1pt)
W12 +1 mod = (2pts)
C13 +1 mod = (3pts)
Total = 15 pts

HP: 11
AC: 20 [10base+8Half Plate+2HvyShield+0dex(armor)] [in Hide+Shld: AC 17, FF 16, T 11]
FF: 20 T: 10
(W/O shield - AC: 18, FF: 18, T: 10)
BAB: +1, CMB: +2, CMD: 13
Hero Points: 1

Saves:
Fort: +4 = +2[class]+1[ability]+1[trait]
Ref: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]
Will: +1 = +0[class]+1[ability]

Cavalier Class and Order of the Dragon Features:
*Challenge 1/day ) [allies gain +1 to att subject whenever Dru threatens subject]
*Perception and Survival added to class skills. [When use Survival to find food and water or protect from weather, gain bonus = 1/2 cav level, min +1]
*Tactician - Precise Strike Teamwork Feat -- By spending 1 standard action, Dru can grant his teamwork feat, Precise Strike, to all allies w/in 30 feet who can see and hear him. Feat grants to each flanking ally +1d6 damage against flanked opponent.

Feats:
*Weapon Focus, Greatsword (+1 att) [Reg. feat]
*Weapon Focus, Flail (+1 att) [Human bonus feat]
*Precise Strike (Cavalier Bonus Teamwork feat) Req: must flank with ally Eff: all flanking allies who have this feat deal an extra 1d6 precision damage with each successful attack.

Skills [6 ranks at L1]:
Climb 1 rank, (+2 str), (+3 class skill) = +6 [-1 in half plate, +3 in Hide]
Diplomacy 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Intimidate 1 rank, (+1 cha), (+3 class skill) = +5
Perception 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill), (+1/2 cav level, min +1) = +6
Ride 1 rank, (+1 dex), (+3 class skill) = +5 [no ACP on Blister, otherwise, -2 in 1/2 plate +2 inHide]
Survival 1 rank, (+1 wis), (+3 class skill) (+1/2 cav level to find food/shelter, min+1) = +5 (+6)

TRAITS
Resilient [+1 Fort saves]
Rich Parents [starting money=900 gp]

[900 gp starting money due to trait]
*= Gear of Choice
*Half Plate (+8 AC) (-7 ACP) (600gp)
Back-up Armor: Hide Armor (+4 AC) (15gp)
*Heavy Wooden Shield (+2 AC) (7gp) (ordinarily used but not always- strapped on back if not)
Greatsword +4 att/2d6+3, 19-20/X2 (50gp) (strapped across his back when not in use, under the shield)
*Flail +4 att/1d8+2, X2, Disarm, Trip (8gp)
2 Handaxes, +3 att/1d6+2, X3 (6gp) (used as missiles mostly)
Short Sword +3 att/1d6+2, 19-20/X2 (10gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Hammer (the tool kind not the weapon kind) (5sp)
4 Days' Trail Rations (2gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Whetstone (2cp)
10gp 4 sp 8 cp remaining money

Mount - "Blister", Light Horse (Palomino)
*Fancy* Studded Leather Barding (130 gp, +3 AC)
*Ornate* Military Saddle (40 gp)
*Heavy Duty* Bit & Bridle (4gp)
*Tricked Out Fancy* Saddlebags (8gp)
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases