The Walking Dead 2.10 - 18 Miles (spoilers)

NewJeffCT

First Post
Good episode tonight, with several intense scenes.

The Shane/Rick thing turned out differently than I had thought. I finally thought Rick was going to leave him behind when he was stuck inside the school bus.

And, the scenes at the farm with Andrea, Lori & Maggie were pretty intense as well.

I'm honestly surprised by the turn around. At the end of last season I barely wanted to watch this anymore, but these last two episodes have been good.

NewJeffCT

First Post
I'm honestly surprised by the turn around. At the end of last season I barely wanted to watch this anymore, but these last two episodes have been good.

I've read most of the comics, so I'm hoping for some of the good stuff from there to make it to the show.

Of course, having read the comics, I also thought the intensity would have been ratcheted up this season, but it had been dialed down until the shootout at the barn and the last two episodes.

Fast Learner

First Post
Why the hell would anyone intentionally cut themselves across the palm of their hand? I know it's done on TV and film all the time -- and is likely used due to how easy it is to conceal the blood packet, etc. -- but come on. It always breaks my willing suspension of disbelief.

Having cut myself on the palm like that accidentally and not all the way across, it takes weeks to even get decent use of your hand back, it's hard to keep bandages on, you're constantly banging it on stuff due to automatic use of your hands, it's gotta be crazy prone to infection in a situation where you can't wash up much, and for heaven's sake, if you're fighting zombies and getting their blood into your bloodstream can kill you, don't cut the part of your body that's most likely to be exposed to them in a fight!.

Man.

NewJeffCT

First Post
checks every place but the buildings...:(

Knife to head...dude, hand axes & shields!

Well, what bothered me was that they had fired the gun off and also engaged in a shouting match and a fistfight. Yet, the walkers were only held back by a pane of glass until Shane threw the wrench through the window?

Fast Learner

First Post
Well, what bothered me was that they had fired the gun off and also engaged in a shouting match and a fistfight. Yet, the walkers were only held back by a pane of glass until Shane threw the wrench through the window?
This I can understand from an interior layout perspective: moving toward the gunshot and fight sounds could push the zombies into a dead-end with no windows, but the window breaking pulls them towards the window itself, moving them out of their dead-end.

(I did some pathfinding programming for zombies so the dead-end option is prominent in my mind; nothing like having your zombies all piled up at the end of a hallway to make you realize how dumb they can actually be.)

Kzach

Banned
Banned
One thing nobody has mentioned yet is Shane's observation of the bodies of the two cops. The location was a 'public works' facility, which I'm presuming has something to do with water supply in the US? We also know that they were traffic cops 'cause of the two patrol bikes (one of which Shane dumped on Rick). So what were they doing there and how did they contract the virus without bites?

Either this is a setup for Shane getting the virus through the cut in his hand, or hopefully it's something more complex like the overall revelation of how the virus was spread which I'm guessing has something to do with the water supply.

(I did some pathfinding programming for zombies so the dead-end option is prominent in my mind; nothing like having your zombies all piled up at the end of a hallway to make you realize how dumb they can actually be.)

So they're as dumb as you programmed them to be? How surprising...

The level of intelligence seems to fluctuate wildly in this series. Some walkers seem to recall things and even complex dexterous manoeuvres and their associations, such as Morgan's wife coming up the stairs to where she died and trying to open the door, or one of the zombies in Atlanta that was using a brick to try and smash open the department store door.

Methinks the level of zombie intellect in this series rises and falls at the pace of plot :)

NewJeffCT

First Post
One thing nobody has mentioned yet is Shane's observation of the bodies of the two cops. The location was a 'public works' facility, which I'm presuming has something to do with water supply in the US? We also know that they were traffic cops 'cause of the two patrol bikes (one of which Shane dumped on Rick). So what were they doing there and how did they contract the virus without bites?

Either this is a setup for Shane getting the virus through the cut in his hand, or hopefully it's something more complex like the overall revelation of how the virus was spread which I'm guessing has something to do with the water supply.

My guess is that the CDC guy from season 1 told Rick that while bites/scratches spread the zombie virus faster, that everybody who dies without being shot in the head/bludgeoned in the head will come back as a zombie/walker.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases