Can't upload a profile picture

imurphy943

First Post
I go to 'edit profile picture', I click the 'browse' button next to 'upload from your computer', I click 'save changes', and nothing happens except that the field goes blank.

I've made sure my picture is the right size and pixel count, I've tried .jpg and .png versions, but it still doesn't seem to notice I did anything.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Are you talking about the profile picture or the avatar? They can be a different picture and I'm pretty sure you can use a custom profile picture without being a community supporter. The avatar you have to pick from a list of existing ones (if you're not a supporter, that is).

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
It was the profile picture.
Does the picture follow the note on the profile picture upload:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 97.7 KB (whichever is smaller).

Edit: oh, wait. You already said it was. Hmm.

It should work. I have a friend who isn't a subscriber and she has a custom profile picture (and it's different from her avatar).

Last edited:

imurphy943

First Post
Okay, now it's even weirder. I says I have a pic up, and displays the pic when I'm on the 'edit profile picture' page, but it won't display it in the forums.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I can see it. I see the picture on your profile. But only when I'm logged in. If I log out and go to your profile page it's no longer visible.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Two different things. The picture on your posts is the avatar. You can't use a custom avatar if you're not a subscriber. You have to choose that from the pre-defined list of avatars. The picture on your profile page is the profile picture, and that can be custom and different from the avatar.

If you want to pick an avatar from the existing ones, go to your settings:
settings.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases