Hillside Games, Asheville: The Unfriendly Local Game Store

the Jester

Legend
I just posted a question about this on the other store's Facebook page.

EDIT: Though I expect that they'll take it down right quick, if their ethics are at all consistent.

freeAgent

Explorer
I just posted a question about this on the other store's Facebook page.

EDIT: Though I expect that they'll take it down right quick, if their ethics are at all consistent.

I don't see it so they're either very quick or the page moderates posts so they have to approve them first or something.

kitsune9

Adventurer
Start a new rumor each week about what name is going to be used but keep the new real name secret. Let the other store waste it's time, energy and money chasing phantoms. But, remember, the best way to get back at petty people is to ignore them and live your live well.

I agree. The new owner should know what he's dealing with now, so keep his cards close to his chest and don't play them until he's ready.

Nareau

Explorer

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
This other store really sounds like it's being run by a bunch of jerks. I can't offer a solution on how to get the domain names away from them, but I definitely think he should, whatever route he goes.

:rant:

Aeolius

Adventurer
Have your friend put up banners: "Coming Soon: Sidehill Games - Best Selection of Board Games in Town!" and see what the other folks do. ;)

To a gamer, Wyvern's Tale sounds like a tavern. How many non-gamers know what a wyvern is, anyway? Draw folks in with a common reference or a board game they know, then expand their knowledge base.

and now I want to open a small store that sells nothing but dice, just so I can name it "Die!"

Edit: if the really like the name, drop the "the" to make "Wyvern's Tale" or drop the "s" to make "Wyvern Tale". Beat them at their own game.

Last edited:

I'd got for ashevilleboardgames.com or something like that (or whatever town it's in.) Register it now, and put a coming soon! message on it, then build the site at your leisure later. Something that's more practical than wyvernstale.com anyway, and you can still name the store Wyvern's Tale if you want.

Although, as has been mentioned by several, that name hardly says "board games" to me. I'd rethink that name.

nerfherder

Explorer
I'd got for ashevilleboardgames.com or something like that (or whatever town it's in.) Register it now, and put a coming soon! message on it, then build the site at your leisure later. Something that's more practical than wyvernstale.com anyway, and you can still name the store Wyvern's Tale if you want.

Although, as has been mentioned by several, that name hardly says "board games" to me. I'd rethink that name.

I keep reading the site name as Wyvern Stale dot com, so another name might not be a bad idea.

Last edited:

Remove ads