Hillside Games, Asheville: The Unfriendly Local Game Store

On Puget Sound

First Post
I can't see it at all. Either they can block individuals (I expect there is a setting for that) or they've decided to take the whole page down while they figure out how to handle the situation they've created.

InkwellIdeas

Adventurer
Publisher
If things are close to what you described it sounds similar to what carrierIQ tried to do a couple months ago to a security researcher who discovered carrierIQ's software was tracking users' activities in a lot of detail, IIRC. They tried to make him apologize and take it back. He found a lawyer and/or went to the EFF. Here was the EFF's response: https://www.eff.org/sites/default/files/eckhart_c%26d_response.pdf

CarrierIQ publicly apologized TO HIM a couple days later. Not sure if you'd get their (EFF) interest, but it is definitely worth calling a few lawyers and seeing what they'd suggest/charge for a meeting and response letter on your behalf.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Heh, I suggested the same thing. But Kickstarter seems to be focused on raising money for creative endeavours, so this probably wouldn't fly.
Arent you website-capable? Could you build a website that takes donations? I bet we could get some good cash simply redirecting from here.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I can't see it at all. Either they can block individuals (I expect there is a setting for that) or they've decided to take the whole page down while they figure out how to handle the situation they've created.

I can see the page just fine. They've deleted any negative comments, closed public posting, disallowed replies on the news wall, and deleted the posts that people put in the "recommendations from friends" box, but the page is still there.

On Puget Sound

First Post
I also admin a (non-gaming) business page, and the recommendations do have a "hide" function admins can use. So I guess the admin simply hasn't noticed them yet.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases