Hillside Games, Asheville: The Unfriendly Local Game Store

catsclaw227

First Post
There were about 12 on this issue. Can you see them all (including mine)?

I can see my own, but that's all. So I'm wondering if they found a setting which hides the others, but not yours, so that you think they haven't deleted them?
I see 3 on the home page and "See All" link that lets me see all 12 of them, yours included. Actually, right now, I see yours on their home page. (Though I think this is a random rotation...)

freeAgent

Explorer
I see 3 on the home page and "See All" link that lets me see all 12 of them, yours included. Actually, right now, I see yours on their home page. (Though I think this is a random rotation...)

Facebook still claims there are 12 recommendations, but only 3 are public, and they're the positive ones. There's always Yelp... ;)

On Puget Sound

First Post
"only 3 recommendations are public", though 11 exist. i can still see mine, but no other negative ones.

I don't blame them for scrubbing their page - it's their page after all. I just hope they get the message and reconsider their behavior.

catsclaw227

First Post
"only 3 recommendations are public", though 11 exist. i can still see mine, but no other negative ones.

I don't blame them for scrubbing their page - it's their page after all. I just hope they get the message and reconsider their behavior.

You guys don't have a "See All" link? The ones on the home page are randomized, if you go back and check in 2 hours, they will be different.

Fate Lawson

First Post
Oh man, talk about a great opportunity for free public exposure! This sounds like a story for your local papers local business section. "Hillside Games plays Sauron to Wyverns Tale's Frodo".

Seriously, contact the local news outlet and lay out your side of the conflict clearly and factually. Point out the tactics they are employeeing, and see if that doesn't generate at least a couple of articles in the paper. Free exposure for you now, and follow up article later when you finally open the doors.

prosfilaes

Adventurer
Popular RPG books of 2011 (as per LibraryThing)

Whoops; ignore the title, I posted in the wrong window.

In any case, what I meant to say, is that I don't think it's worth going head to head with them unless they push it. Be polite, be disdainful (while being polite) of their libel claim, take a domain name they haven't, and go ahead with your plans.

Last edited:

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I've been to Asheville before on a TDY for mountain training. My wife even drove up to see me for a couple of days (from Valdosta, GA). We've thought about maybe buying a vacation spot there someday. I'll certainly remember this store though. You can guarantee Hillside Games won't be getting any support from me, and I'll be sure to point people to this thread/article in perpetuity.

They tried to use the internet to gain an unfair advantage. Well, Live by the Internet...Die by the Internet.

I think Wyverns Tale should get a lawyer and explore their options. But no matter how it turns out, the word has already been spread, and that won't disappear.

This was a majorly foolish miscalculation on your part, Hillside Games. Shame on You.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases