Hillside Games, Asheville: The Unfriendly Local Game Store

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Add another voice of support from me. I saw the underhanded tactics that plagued a friend of mine back in the late eighties. Just stay positive and don't stoop to their level. My friend's store is still in business after 40+ years and the jerk store barely made it out of the 80's. He had to endure anonymous tips to the local police that he was allowing gambling in his back room and serving alcohol to minors. The jerks also alerted local church leaders when they discovered that he opened the game clubroom, not the store proper, on Easter Sunday for Navy guys who were unable to go home for the holiday, leading to picketing of his store for basically blasphemy. Plus a bunch of other crap they tried to pull, badmouthing his store to anyone who walked in their door, etc. I'm sure they would have pulled something like this if the internet had been around back then.

Bethany

First Post
Wyvern's Tale

Posting this just so everyone knows I am in no way affiliated with Hillside Games, nor do I condone what they are doing.
My website, wyvernstale.com has been active for years and it is where I conduct my miniature painting services.

Thank you,
Bethany

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Posting this just so everyone knows I am in no way affiliated with Hillside Games, nor do I condone what they are doing.
My website, wyvernstale.com has been active for years and it is where I conduct my miniature painting services.

Thank you,
Bethany

I don't think anybody thought you had anything to do with it. I wonder why they redirected it to your site, though?

Aeolius

Adventurer
No sure exactly. But I don't mind the extra traffic here and there. And it's nice to have my art seen by more than just a few. :) B

Exquisite work on Reaper Fairy. She's too cute! ;) (I see you're using iWeb, there... a pity Apple has discontinued support for that one. I had to learn a little WordPress in a hurry, before the June MobileMe deadline)

FickleGM

Explorer

Thank you,
Bethany
What an awesome random find as a result of this series of events. I'm going to have to share it with my wife, who loves painted minis and such (she does the paint-and-take at GenCon almost every year).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases