Which class do you hate the most?

What is your LEAST favorite class from across the editions?

• Assassin

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Bard

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Cleric

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Druid

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Fighter

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Illusionist

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • Monk

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • Psion/psionicist

Votes: 73 27.9%
  • Ranger

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Rogue/thief

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Paladin

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Warlock

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • Warlord

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Wizard/magic-user

Votes: 10 3.8%

Mokona

First Post
As a counterpart to Bruce Cordell's favorite class poll (go take it), I created the "Least Favorite Class" poll. Of the sixteen classes presented here, which is your least favorite? Which class will get the most hate? Let's find out.

(Note: The official Wizards of the Coast blog poll seems to answer the speculation about how they're going to compile the list of "all 1st PHB" classes. The answer is at least implied by the options in the poll.)

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I know what I will vote for when the poll is there.

EDIT: Never mind, there it is.

Last edited:

Gilladian

Adventurer
I voted psion/psionicist.

I don't hate them; I've just never liked chocolate in my peanut butter. If I'm using psionics magic, then that's the magic that exists and EVERYONE will use it. If I'm using "arcane and divine" then that's what we'll use.

Same with monks and wu jen and such. They're eastern. If I'm playing eastern, that's fine. But I don't want them blended into my western european setting. It doesn't work, TO ME.

Mokona

First Post
Currently mage/magic-user/wizard and rogue/thief are winning the popularity contest (as opposed to this thread's infamy contest). The current losers of the "Favorite Class" poll are the lowly illusionist and assassin classes.

Ahnehnois

First Post
I'm admittedly pained to have to vote "warlord" because that really wouldn't even enter my thinking if the poll didn't include it. Then again, it's the only one of those that I particularly dislike.

Well, I suppose I could have chosen paladin, but I always ban them so they don't enter my thinking either.

I conclude that D&D has an abysmal history when it comes to charismatic leader-type warriors as a class. Why can't we get a decent knight or just a fighter that covers this well?

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
I'd play an arcane trickster, arcane archer, bladesinger, swordmage, sorceror, warlock, bard and myriad other arcane archetypes, but the plain ol' Gandalf/Elminster/Raistlin wizard just doesn't interest me much.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Cleric.

I just want a warrior healbot not a divine wizard in plate armor.

I'd pick druids too but I hates clerics more.

Oni

First Post
The monk was my vote, not because I think there is anything wrong with having a monk class, but rather because they always seem kind of oddly specific, and because it seems to be inextricably linked to asian culture, and that's not to say that there is anything necessarily wrong with that, but it always struck me as a too narrow view, that a empty hand fighting martial arts using wrestler/striker could have much broader applications. Consequently when they turn up in play they seem draw from a pretty narrow range of character types, and often have a tendency to make the setting conform to their presence rather than the other way around, that narrowness brings with it narrative baggage.

wedgeski

Adventurer
Don't hate any classes really, as I have either had a good time playing them or DM'd people who were obviously having a good time playing them. I'm not massively keen on Vancian/prepared magic so classes which rely on that are going to be dim on my radar, but I certainly don't hate them for it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases