Proposal: Carefully Hidden Trait

jkason

First Post
Since I'm about to submit my ninja in the nearish future, and I like both the fluff and mechanics of this trait, I'm going to throw in a proposal to add Carefully Hidden, a human racial feat, to the approved list:

Your life as a member of an unpopular ethnic group has given you an uncanny knack for avoiding detection.

Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus to Will saves and a +2 trait bonus to saving throws versus divination effects.

Ru grew up as a lower-caste child in Rhat'matanis, and his training is as a spy, so the idea of avoiding detection / exposure seems to fit him quite well. +1 trait to a single save seems pretty balanced to me, with the divination bonus probably not likely to be used very often, but nice on those occasions when it might be.

Qik

First Post
I'm no judge, but I see the divination bonus as little more than fluff, and in this case, warranted fluff, so my take is it's fine.

Systole

First Post
In most cases, traits give a +1 to a saving throw. But I agree with Qik: +2 vs. divination spells is pure fluff. I'd say 3:1 against it being used even once in your career.

On a side note, I love the idea of traits, but Paizo has completely borked the implementation. I've ranted about it before.

jkason

First Post
On a side note, I love the idea of traits, but Paizo has completely borked the implementation. I've ranted about it before.

heh. I'll have to dig 'round for that rant. I have no head for balance / power, really, so I'm usually oblivious to that kind of thing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases