[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun





+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 726
  1. #1
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,326

    Ignore GlassEye

    [LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

    Leveling expectations
    I'll keep close track of encounter xp and time-based xp using Mowgli's Adventure Tracker. I will periodically post an image of the excel sheet so that you can advance any levels gained as soon as you have enough xp to do so, though if that comes in the middle of an encounter leveling will have to wait until the encounter is completed.

    This adventure is about the same length as Still Waters but since we only got through two of the seven planned encounters of Still Waters before veering of into another direction this will seem much longer. Depending on how long it goes, some of you, possibly all of you, will reach 7th level by the end.

    Adventure Tracking/Experience

    Part One (from the beginning of Dwarven Crusade up to the date PM spent DMC for Borric)

    Part Two and continuing...

    Treasure Awards

    Enc 1 - Kremuur & Trap: 3,900 gp (975 gp ea)
    Enc 2 - Neezhka challenge: 0 gp
    Enc 3 - Nighttime trap: 0 gp
    Enc 4 - Scorpion: 0 gp
    Enc 5 - Climb: 0 gp
    Enc 6 - Dwarven Wight: +1 Half-Plate, +1 Greataxe; (value 4,070 gp)
    Enc 7 - Derro: leather armor (x4) 10 gp, short sword (x4) 10 gp, repeating crossbow (x4) 250 gp, 20 bolts 4 gp, 20 poisoned bolts (medium spider poison) 3,004 gp. Total = 4,088 gp.

    Group Supplies:
    Passage from Hruthrip to Gist - 40gp
    Large Tent - 30gp
    7 days Rations Each (6 people) - 21gp
    100ft Silk Rope - 20gp
    4 Sunrods - 8gp
    Grappling Hook - 1gp
    Hammer & 10 Pitons - 1.5gp
    Shovel - 2gp
    8 Tanglefoot bags - 400gp
    Saw - .04gp
    String/twine - .01gp
    Periscope - 20gp
    light horse, war - 110 gp
    light horse, riding x2 - 150 gp
    riding saddle, saddlebags, bit & bridle x3 - 48 gp
    -----------------
    - 851.55 gp
    Last edited by GlassEye; Wednesday, 2nd January, 2013 at 03:51 AM.

 

  • #2
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,326

    Ignore GlassEye
    With Tamm captured and in the custody of the guard and Baggett escaped and few to no leads on his whereabouts Borric, Nathan, Sylvain and Zelena, accompanied by the aged bookseller, Aldino, the wise Waltor, and Zelena's trusty mount, Celebfedhiin, have the city of Hruthrip to explore, the bookbinder Neezhka to find and question, pounds of gold to spend and, if the gods look favorably upon them, a criminal to catch and an expedition for dwarven gold to mount.

    Golden motes buzz by Nathan's ear reminding him, insistently, of their powerful desire for tiny shovels.

    Celebfedhiin looks longingly at a fish dangling from a nearby fishwife's table and nudges Zelena's hand with her snout.

    Waltor chitters and chatters to Sylvain about how exciting this new city is.

    And Borric remembers the wand he scooped up when he picked up his weapons back in the alley just as Aldino pipes up and says, "What's that in your hand? Maybe we could find a tavern or an inn and let the wizards take a look. I could use an ale to steady the nerves." Aldino does still look a bit shaken by the experience though he smiles and puts a brave face on it.


  • #3
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    "Sounds like a plan." Zelena chimes in... And she purchases a few fish to feeds ones of them to Celebfedhiin and removes a container from her bag of holding and stores the others for later.

    "Did the ruffians get anything of importance Aldino?" Zelena asks

  • #4
    Following Zelena's leaad, Syl picks up a fresh bowl of crickets to feed Waltor, still feeling a little bit of regret after their afrument after the run in with Tamm and Baggett.

  • #5
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,289
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Borric hands the wand over to Syl, "One of those bastards dropped this."

    "Since we cannot finish that business with the thug, an ale will hit the spot. Then, we can check out some more sights in this city. Maybe we can find some useful gear."


    Spotting a likely watering hole, he gestures down the street for them to check it out.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 53 Current: 53
    CMB: +8 CMD: 21 (23 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Step Up

    Current Weapon in Hand: none
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #6
    "Very interesting, Borric. Yes, let's get that ale, and I can look at this further." Distracted by the magical item, Syl falls in line with the group, absentmindedly following them into the tavern. After being seated, Stl focuses his full attention on the wand.

  • #7
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,729

    Ignore jkason

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    "I ... what?" Nathan mutters to the air above him. "Yes, yes, 'object of the holy excavation,' I get it already!" he says, swatting at the air as if swarmed by invisible insects.

    "I'll ask at the bar, okay? Pubs always have someone who knows the town," Nathan says, and his posture shifts as he seems to have sated his unseen celestial companions at least for a moment. He looks to his flesh and blood companions a bit sheepishly.

    "Sorry. They're a bit self-righteous, but they have come in handy in the past. Unfortunately, I can't lob a fish at them to make them happy. Let's get that drink and find out what shopping this place has to offer."

    ooc
    I'm assuming there's no place selling miniature shovels in the fish market, but it's the first place Nathan wants to stop when we have a chance to shop. Otherwise, he's effectively down a spell.

  • #8
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,289
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Borric looks askance at the mage, "What in the hells are you dealing with, Nate? Fairies, ghosts, imaginary friends,... too many knocks on the ol' noggin?"

    Opening the door to the tavern, the brash fighter calls out, "OY! Some ales over here... er, some wine too!"

    He gestures to the empty table for he and his companions, making sure the old geezer doesn't run off on them again.

    OOC
    I would assume we can shop since we did an adventure change. It might be a good idea if we are leaving civilization for awhile. Though I don't know what I would buy yet. Probably a Belt of Strength. I think I need a DM approval on this so I can purchase now just in case it needs to be commissioned.

    Also Borric is a stone's throw only from 6th level. 1 DMC would do it easily. I am tempted to do it now while we can shop for a bit of extra cash and to save doing it later before we get involved in plot issues once more.
    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 53 Current: 53
    CMB: +8 CMD: 21 (23 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Step Up

    Current Weapon in Hand: none
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #9
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,326

    Ignore GlassEye
    Aldino responds to Zelena, "Oh dear. They just tossed me around like a sack of potatoes! They didn't actually get anything even though the little one hand his hand in my satchel." The old man sticks close to the others as they head down the street; apparently he learned his lesson about venturing forth on his own.

    Spotting the sign of a big fish jumping into a tankard Borric leads the rest into the tavern for a drink and a bit of planning on their next step. Drinks are quick to arrive and the serving girl, flaunting ample assets, flirts outrageously.

    OOC
    Yes, by all means take care of shopping! Sorry I didn't make it clear that now is the best time to do that. Or you can wait until after the scene with Neezhka when hopefully you'll know a little more about what you are up against. Entirely up to you but if you do need to commission now might be better.

    If you want to level now, feel free to spend DMC to do so, also.

    And finally, my posting might be a bit slow/spotty at times in the near future. I've a new dance partner and we're trying to coordinate practice schedules and I'm still preparing for a competition with the old partner that occurs in less than two weeks. Awkward timing but that's life, I guess.



  • #10
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,729

    Ignore jkason

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    "Probably some from each column, Bor," Nathan responds dryly as he follows the others inside.

    Once there, Nathan smiles politely at the serving girl's flirtation, but points to Borric and Syl and offers, "I expect you'll probably get the reaction you're looking for from those two if you're wanting to focus your efforts, dear." He lifts his eyebrow with a knowing grin as if no more need be said, then downs his drink quickly. His shoulders slump a bit a moment after he finishes.

    "Fine, fine. Whistle whetted, I'll get you your blasted relic, all right?"

    Rising, Nathan says, "If you lot will excuse me for just a moment, I think I caught sight of a sign for the local version of the Pearl across the street. I'll be back before you have to pay the bill. I'm sure our server has plenty to offer you in the way of distractions while I'm gone."

    Indeed, it's almost no time at all before Nathan returns, his mood clearly lightened. Perhaps it has to do with the silver and red jewels you catch glimpses of through his disheveled hair, but his waving a tiny shovel in the air like he's unearthed the find of the century is the more likely explanation.

    ooc
    Since I had the same commissioning concerns, I just ran over and did it now. Rolls went Nathan's way, though.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dwarven Dungeon and Mines now has DWARVEN AIRSHIP stretch goal!
      By FATDRAGONGAMES in forum Kickstarter Announcements
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd April, 2013, 01:04 PM
    2. Dwarven Monk, Dwarven Defender
      By wolfpunk in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Friday, 19th January, 2007, 05:43 AM
    3. Join the Crusade
      By cleaverthepit in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Friday, 16th January, 2004, 04:21 PM
    4. Crusade
      By Mistwell in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 85
      Last Post: Friday, 6th June, 2003, 10:28 PM
    5. First Crusade
      By Bagpuss in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 12:38 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •