[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

Gerald007

First Post
"Thank you, Borric. You saved Waltor's and my skin right there. Watch out...I'm taking my wasps to help Nathan," the beaten witch says with a fire in his eye. Being able to see clearly, he directs the swarm toward the hound. "We are coming, Nathan and Zelena. Hold them off for a second more."

OOC: Move action-redirect the swarm to head at its full movement toward the shadow hound. Second move action is to follow behind it, keeping it between Syl and the enemies.

Edit: ignore the above. I forgot to roll my Will save and failed, lol.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 7
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 58 of 58
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Vomit Swarm^, Web^
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic^, Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
  • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric and Zelena, Misfortune on the dwarf.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
((Will Save vs Hound's Fear 1d20+8=25 ))

The gnome feels the hound's howl o straight to her bones but easily shakes off any ill effects. She steps to the side and strikes out with her mace again, "Annaya's will, you will be put down beast!"

(( 5ft step to K-8, Attack with mace 1d20+7=23, for 1d6+1=5 damage ))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
Conditions:
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Comprehend Langagues, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Hide from Undead, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Nap Stack, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Spiritual Ally, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining. [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Sylvain flees into the warren of rooms the group has already explored with Waltor nipping at his ear in an attempt to get the witch to stop.

GM: I'll do a full update after Nathan's save/action and Borric's other half a round.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric, suddenly able to see once again, spits on the fallen derro, "Ptuey!" and comments, "Dumb arse. Should have know better that to tangle with us."

"Hang on, Nate! I am going to help smash that puppy."

Whirling around, the armored fighter clanks back the way he came. Seeing the flaming ball of magic behind his companions, he asks as he gets closer, "Did you already kill that last bugger behind the barricade?"

[sblock=Actions]Move to P9[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4
AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO),

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan smirks confidently as the dog takes its lashing, but as it howls, his usual cockiness falls away, replaced by an illogical, overwhemling fear.

"I don't care! Don't give me this brave, noble hero shtick. Can't you hear that thing? Can't you... no. No, no, no, no..." Nathan continues his string of denial under his breath to the unseen motes, desperately looking for a path away from the beast's gaping maw.

[sblock=ooc]Nathan fails his Will save:

Will Save DC 16 (1d20+6=10)

I'm a bit confused about Nathan's actions here, though, for this reason: since the text of Panicked explicitly says the character attempts to flee "the source of its fear, as well as any other dangers it encounters," (emphasis mine), my assumption is that would include avoiding AoO under the 'other dangers' list?

Nathan's prone and in threat range from casting, so I don't believe there's a path for his actual retreat that wouldn't open him up to dangers. My assumption is that panick would stop Nathan from casting defensively, and since he knows he'd open himself up to danger by trying to stand (which he has to do to move) or cast, I'm inclined to treat him as cornered (full defense cowering).

If he can cast defensively, then he'll cast Vanish (Cast defensively DC 17 (1d20+12=18)), then stand. I know a creature with scent would know he's still in the square, but I think invisibility would stop anything that can't see invisible from telling if a creature was standing? In any event, I'm reasonably confident that Nathan would think invisibility would shield him from attack, which is close enough that the Panicked condition would have him standing if he can manage invisibility, anyway.[/sblock]
[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 7
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours), Panicked, Prone, Flaming Sphere (1/7 rounds remaining)

In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19) 20
touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
HP: 33/44
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Charm Person, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 1/8 (0/8 if he could cast defensively this round)
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust (DC 18), Invisibility, Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/7
3rd (DC 18): Haste, Magic Circle Against Evil, Summon Monster III Remaining: 4/5

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
GM: jkason, this is my understanding: Nathan 'must flee at top speed away from the source' of his fear. He can't take any other actions. He can use his spells to help him flee but that's it. I don't believe an AoO can be counted as an 'other danger'. I think an other danger would be if during his flight he were to come across another hostile creature. I don't think being in a position where you'll provoke AoO if you move qualifies you for being cornered. I know it sucks but imo his options are to crawl away or stand up and run off.

[sblock=Combat Information]

Initiative:
You all
Derro

Map:

[repeating light crossbow at X9][Hall in darkness]

Party:
Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
Nathan: 33/44 hit points remaining
Sylvain: 39/58 hit points remaining; 2 STR dmg.
Zelena: 58/58 hit points remaining

Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Mage Armor, Flaming Sphere, Vanish, Silent Image, Magic Missile; Sylvain: Dispel Magic, Web, Vomit Swarm;

Conditions in Effect:
--Sylvain: panicked 2/3
--Nathan: prone & panicked 1/2

Enemy Status:
Derro 1 (AC 17); 31 damage; dead
Derro 2 (AC 17); 27 damage; dead
Derro 3 (AC 17); 29 damage; dead
Derro 4 (AC 25); 20/25 hp remaining
Shadow Hound (AC 18); 8/51 hp remaining
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
jkason, this is my understanding: Nathan 'must flee at top speed away from the source' of his fear. He can't take any other actions. He can use his spells to help him flee but that's it.

No worries. If you don't think the Vanish would qualify as a flee-aiding spell, then I say feel free to pick one of the two movement options (under the auspices that it's part of the 'random direction,' and also because I can't seem to find crawling rules this morning) and Nathan can reap what he's sown by letting himself be in the middle of the kill room without any other protection.

That'll teach him not to use that circle of protection when he has the chance. ;) [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
With fear contorting his face Nathan scrambles back from the hound limbs wildly flailing and pushing himself away. While not fully protecting himself the hound lunges forward and snaps at the sorcerer tearing open a new wound on Nathan's leg. One he has gotten away from the immediate threat of the teeth Nathan leaps to his feet in preparation to continue his fearful flight.

Since Nathan is fleeing and Borric not yet arrived the hound wheels on the closest threat: Zelena. It bites at Zelena and slaps at her with its heavy mace-like tail but neither attack gets past her armor.

There is the sound of another bolt ricocheting from the floor near Nathan providing an obvious answer to Borric's question of whether or not the last derro was killed yet.

Running wide around the hound Nathan flees for the hallway that Sylvain previously disappeared down. Sylvain continues to flee, though once out of sight and hearing of the hound his fear begins to lessen a little. If he thinks of returning it threatens to overwhelm him again and so he continues to move away.

OOC: Combat: Round Eight. Nathan & Sylvain continue to flee. Borric & Zelena are up.

[sblock=Combat Information]

Initiative:
You all
Derro

Map:

Party:
Borric: 73/73 hit points remaining
Nathan: 25/44 hit points remaining
Sylvain: 39/58 hit points remaining; 2 STR dmg.
Zelena: 58/58 hit points remaining

Spells/Abilities Used: Nathan: Mage Armor, Flaming Sphere, Vanish, Silent Image, Magic Missile; Sylvain: Dispel Magic, Web, Vomit Swarm;

Conditions in Effect:
--Sylvain: panicked 1/3
--Nathan: prone & panicked 0/2

Enemy Status:
Derro 1 (AC 17); 31 damage; dead
Derro 2 (AC 17); 27 damage; dead
Derro 3 (AC 17); 29 damage; dead
Derro 4 (AC 25); 20/25 hp remaining
Shadow Hound (AC 18); 8/51 hp remaining
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric has his avenue of attack all lined up and he moves forward with the head of the shock flail twirling above his head, over his right shoulder. The clanking plate armor does nothing to slow the fighter's movements and maneuvers to catch the nefarious dog from the opposite side from Zelena.

He brings the spiked ball down swooping in low to attempt hook the chain around the beast's leg and yank it off its feet.

The attack succeeds and Borric smashed the spiked head down on the hounds shoulder with a satisfying impact. He exclaims, "There, ya lil' sh*te. Feel good?"

"Lass, if you wanna deal with that last crossbowman, I think I can handle this puppy."

[sblock=Actions]Move to L10
Trip w/Shock Flail (Flank) (1d20+19=27) - Assuming Success, Shadow Hound prone
Trip AoO Shock Flail (Flank) (1d20+16=22, 1d8+8+1d6=17)
If it tries to stand: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3758157/[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4
AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO),

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena nods to Borric as she casts a concerned look to the way her companions have fled... but with one of the dastardly dwarves still sniping at them she makes for it...

((Move Either at B-7 or c7 depending if C7 is double moment to squeeze through (she is a gnome too)))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
Conditions:
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Comprehend Langagues, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Hide from Undead, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Nap Stack, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Spiritual Ally, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases