[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

Gerald007

First Post
"Wonder if those objects have any magic to them? I'll give them a quick check before lying back down," Syl mutters as he quickly uses a spell to examine the undead dwarf's gear. "And Nate's right...if anything else is out here, they will most assuredly be here in just a moment, if they are coming.

OOC: Cast Detect Magic.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 7
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 58 of 58
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
  • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric and Zelena, Misfortune on the dwarf, and Flight on himself.
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

GlassEye

Adventurer
GM: First post updated with current XP.

jkason, I concur with your spell usage.

Sylvain activates his magical sight and examines the half-plate and the greataxe that the dead dwarf was wearing and using. Both are magical and glow with a faint aura. Studying the two items further Sylvain is able to determine that the armor is magicked to enhance its defensive properties and the greataxe is magicked to increase the likelihood of striking an enemy and dealing damage. +1 Half-Plate & +1 Greataxe

Borric sees that the heavy door leading into Khuldun is open wide enough to allow a man to slip through its gates. It is likely that the undead creature came from within the dwarven ruin.

Watching for a while no one, no creature, is drawn to the battle site. Whether that means it is safe enough to forego the illusory wall trick is yet to be seen.

Gerald007

First Post
"Yep...both of those are magic, the armor and the axe. Don't know if Borric or Zelena need a shiny magic axe but its there for the taking if you do. Of course, if any of you have any dwarven friends, they might appreciate those items being returned to the clan, if possible."

Syl [sblock]
Human Witch 7
Conditions:

• (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric and Zelena, Misfortune on the dwarf, and Flight on himself.
[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena nods to Borric and calls upon her divine magics, "Mother Annaya, let this freind be healed by your will." The small woman places her hands about Borric's wounds as a light blue glow forms and the wounds begin to close.

(Cast CMW to Borric, 17 hit points healed)

(FYI: After some discussion with friends, I have decided to convert Zelena into a full cleric. I am in the process of making those changes now. A few minor quirks will more than likely be popping up from the change. )

GlassEye

Adventurer
After the identification of magics and the healing watches are resumed and everyone beds back down. Operating on the assumption that if something else was going to attack it would have heard the combat and done so Nathan chooses to forgo using his silent image to provide camouflage.

The rest of the night passes uneventfully and the dawn breaks cool and clear. Khuldun stands, as it has stood for centuries, awaiting the next group brave enough to seek out its treasures.

Across the stone bridge the door to Khuldun is ajar. The space beyond is dark as night.

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan breathes easy once his companions have awoken and the party, now refreshed, readies itself for the lost city. He summons his mote-armor again, then shivers as they approach the darkened doorway.

"Daylight's about to stop mattering, I suppose," he says. "And with none of us able to see in the dark, if there's any more of the undead dwarf's lot around, we're probably giving up some surprise. Nothing to it, I suppose, but to push on?"

[sblock=ooc]Casting his first Mage Armor for the day. He also has Dancing Lights available to spam if we need extra light beyond the Ioun torch [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)

In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19) 20
touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 5/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 3/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric has donned his hideously intimidating platemail armor once more and straps the shield to his arm. Ready to go, he remarks, "I think you are right, Nate. Not going to be stealthy at all. So why bother for fook's sake?"

"The lighted orbs are good for close in, but we need to help looking ahead."

"Now, if one of you can cast a light spell, we can put it on a stone and I can toss it up ahead about 50 feet. Pick it up when we reach it once more."

"I do have two of these as well, might be useful since they shine farther than the Ioun torches."

The fighter shows the others his sunrod and the leather strap to attach it to his backpack. Putting it away, he continues, " What about traps? Any of you good at finding them? What happens if we do find one? I am not too keen on letting the dumb clanky guy blundering into them approach."

Borric has a frown at this, clearly indicating that he is not wanting to be the 'dumb clanky guy'. He also wondering if they should not have kidnapped Fury to drag his arse along.

"Hmm, well maybe we don't have to worry. We are not going into a goblin or kobold lair, are we. Tricky blighters, yeah?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"Afraid I'm not good with traps," Nathan says with a shrug, "but the motes can give us some forward light when we want to scan ahead." he offers.

He spins a finger in the air, and a quartet of brightly-glowing motes appear as if stirred into existence by the motion.

"They can fly ahead further than something we throw, at least, and they can even fake a human-like shape when they team up if we think that might trick something into attacking."

[sblock=ooc]Dancing Lights doesn't last as long, but it's mobile, which may be a better option if Borric's looking for forward-mobile illumination.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)

In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19) 20
touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 5/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 3/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena shakes her head, "Sorry, I am not one for the traps, disabling them anyhow. I may be able to spot them."

The gnome points with her mace, "If that one is any indication of what is to come, we might be face more undead minions."

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
Conditions:
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells:
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Comprehend Langagues, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Hide from Undead, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Nap Stack, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Spiritual Ally, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining. [/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"The only thing I know about traps is it is best to not get hit by one. Which doesn't really do any of us any good, of course. Maybe we could get lucky and there won't be any, or maybe if we are careful, we could minimize those that are there." Realizing he spent 30 seconds talking and not helping at all, Syl shrugged, accepting defeat on this one.

OOC: I swapped out two memorized spells, that might be better for inside usage, Web for Hold Person and Lightning Bolt for Fireball.

Syl [sblock]
Human Witch 7
Conditions:

• (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases