[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan takes one look at the mountain and the climb ahead, and falls into a desperate kind of silence, eyes wide and clearly full of worry. Zelena's near miss only seems to lower his spirits.

As the party regroups partway up, he brushes aside his invisible motes.

"Assuring me I'll have wings one day doesn't much help me now, does it?" he grumbles at the unseen companions.

"Grandfather always told me being 'weak-bodied' would get me killed. Just never imagined it would be climbling a bloody mountain."

The sorcerer does his best to shake off his mood, though.

"So, the naggy choir isn't much good at long term aid, I'm afraid, though I can at least deploy them to help us talk to each other as we get further up. No use yelling until there's perilous falling danger, after all, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to get a quiet heads up without Borric having to worry about turning back to us so we can hear."

[sblock=ooc]Apologies for the delay. I'm not having a lot of great ideas on how Nathan's skill / spell set can help with a climb, I'm afraid. He has Message, though, which at least helps with coordinating. Summon Minor Monster might provide a few monkeys or maybe tiny birds to help repositioning stuff, I suppose? I thought about Haste for the Reflex benefits, but its duration would mean Nathan would already have to know someone was about to fall in order for it to be effective, so I nixed that idea.

Climb w/ bonuses (1d20+6=16)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)

In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 7/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Despite Nathan's doubts about the climb he proves to be a stolid and dependable mountaineer. Several times he holds the line steady while Borric works the group out of a difficult situation.

The climb drags on far longer than anticipated and it is several hours past the expected noon arrival when the four weary climbers round a protective fold of rock to discover a beautifully carved bridge and entrance to what can only be the lost dwarven ruin of Khuldun.

[sblock=Khuldun][/sblock]

GM: Final Tally: Four successes, three failures. Congrats on completing the climbing challenge. +600 xp for the group.

The climb was expected to be a four hour climb but incidents and inexperience lengthened that by several hours. Your arrival at the bridge happens at approximately 4 pm after eight hours of near non-stop climbing. The length of the climb has left everyone fatigued and incidents along the way leave everyone with 7 points of damage. A successful DC 14 Reflex save or Strength check can avoid this extra damage (Zelena's previous check counts, so she takes no damage).

Gerald007

First Post
"For future reference, I hate climbing," Syl grunts as the group finally find a resting spot. He snarls at Waltor's encouraging chatters as he flops down, exhausted on the ground.

Seeing everyone scratched up, he offers to use his Healing Hex on those who needed it.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17)^, Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric thought the climb was more difficult than it should have been given his expertise and indomitable strength. Luckily the one time he slipped, he caught himself before sliding out over an edge to get hurt.

Now that they reached the top, he coils the rope and and puts it and the other climbing equipment away.

"Bah, it was not so bad as all that, Syl. If it were easy getting up here, then the ever looter would have cleaned this place out long ago. Besides, I seen you climb worse things back in that brothel in Venza. She was huge and it looked like you needed to be a climber to mount her..."

"Ahem, how is everyone? Any bangs and scrapes?"

Once everyone has collected themselves, he readies his shield.

[Sblock=OOC]Nice picture, GE. :)

Reflex (1d20+5=21)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post

Nathan brushes himself off as well, inspecting a few tears in his tunic with a frown.

"Mountains definitely aren't my favorite either, Syl," he admits, then raises his eyebrows as he assesses himself. "Though somehow with all that rough-hewn rock and whatnot, looks like I actually managed to come out of this with just the rips and stains in my clothes."

Without even seeming to need a command, a small flurry of motes appears, spinning about the man with the blood of angels. The tears and dirt are quickly remedied by the tiny glowing attendants, leaving Nathan once again in his normal clean, stylishly-mussed state. He looks to the motes with a bit of quizzical expression, listening to the chiming only he can translate, then as the motes fade from view, he gives the others one of his charmingly bemused grins.

"Apparently I would be doing my bloodline a disservice if I entered the halls of Dwarven Glory looking like the 'unclean masses,'" he says with a sigh.

[sblock=ooc]Mage Armor re-cast, and Prestidigitation and Mending fluff to cover cleaning himself up. Horribly wasted nat 20, but no damage to Nathan:

Reflex save DC 14 (1d20+5=25)

Nathan also has healing via his Heavenly Fire for those of Good alignment if needed so we can save on channeling / real heal spells.[/sblock]

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6

GlassEye

Adventurer
Waltor chitters happily since he can now return to his favored spot perched on Sylvain's shoulder. As the dog-sized scorpion rushes towards Sylvain he seems to leak magical power so much so that he has shrunk back to his normal size by the time he reaches the witch. He still is very excited waving his claws and chittering about the 'hag's secrets' that he remembers.

You all are wearied from the climb but the gloomy entrance incites an eager excitement. The goal of your weeks long journey is near...

[sblock=OOC]Seems like everyone avoided the extra damage. Good.

Now waiting to see how you all decide to proceed: Camping? Pushing on? Light sources? Marching order?

Sylvain: if you want, you can add a spell or two to Sylvain's known spells; residual knowledge picked up by Waltor from the hags magic. If you do, I can deduct the value of those spell(s) from your share of the treasure (and your share is fairly sizable at this point). Just let me know what you decide.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post

Seeing his companions all appear to have made the journey more or less unharmed, Nathan stares across at the entrance to their goal.

"Normally I'd suggest we hold off and start at first light, but with a Dwarven settlement, the whole bloody place is pretty much underground, right? Won't matter one way or the other if the sun's up when we can't see it.

"So, onward to Dwarven riches and probably a few nasty surprises, as well?"
he says, though his apparent flippancy about surprises does seem slightly strained.

1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8

Gerald007

First Post
Syl opens his eyes and notices the impressive structure in front of them. "Now Borric, that last climb you speak of was much more fun than this one, if I remember right. But the payoff wasn't anything like this," he says looking up at the magnificent stonework ahead of them.

DM[sblock]DM, if it's okay, I'll pass on the extra spells. I goofed at some point and have spent a little more gold than Syl had, so I don't want to take on any extra expenses right now. I owe right at 2000 gp of the current kitty, so I need to get that straight first.[/sblock]

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17)^, Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric.
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

Songdragon

Explorer
The small woman sits and catches her breath for a short time. She looks to the others to see what they have to say.

(( What spells/resources did we end up using? ))

(( Light source, ioun torch for Zelena ))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
Conditions:
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 3 of 42
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +9
In Hand: battle axe +1 and shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Aun Haul, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d);
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Summon Monster 2 (x2), Remove Paralysis(d)
Arcane Spell Slots
  • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
  • (1st level - DC 13 - 3 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Liberating Command, Silent Image, Vanish
Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds remaining; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining. [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric looks around at his companions, feeling the excitement bubble up with some rejuvenating effects

However, he thinks that might wear off quickly and leave them fatigued.

"I am eager as you are, but perhaps we are a bit too tired to have any sustained energy to tackle strenuous activities. We don't want to get started all full of piss and vinegar, only to go about five minutes, encounter some cave trolls and suddenly become exhausted in the face of the enemy."

[Sblock=OOC]Since we had 8 hours of activity, usually that is it for the day so any further adventuring will see us doing it fatigued. If we have an hour before that sets in, then I am game for that. Otherwise, I vote camping until morning.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases