[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

Songdragon

Explorer
The gnome smiles and nods to Aldino, "That is good to hear."

Zelena looks at Nathan rather oddly as he spouts off about a relic and when he is gone she asks Syl and Borric, "What was that about?"

Sipping a glass of wine that she has again chilled with a bit of gnomish magic, she smiles at the others, "So... whom is it that we have to find again Aldino?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric shrugs warily that Nate is off his rocker, but then he is a mage and they all are a bit looney so he lets it be. There are more important things to worry about at the moment.

Such as her...
Buxombarmaid.jpg

"Lass, my gracious friend is correct. Come and sit." Putting an arm around her waist, he sits her on his lap as he continues flirting with her while Zelena keeps Aldino entertained.

Seeing Nathan come back, he is reminded of a few things he would like to find, but realizes that he might need some more gold.

"That's a nice little thing you got there. I need to look into some enchantments for my gear too. Does anyone have a spare thousand or two gold coins to lend me?"

The buxom barmaid giggles as he pinches her rear end, thinking he is just being funny. However to his companions, there is no joking on his expression as he is quite serious about his equipment and arsenal.

The beer wench begins nibbling his ear thinking she has found the catch of the century, her gold digging mind already thinking how she will spend Borric's money.

[sblock=OOC]Not sure what the rules are on borrowing gp from your companions, but I don't see why not.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 53 Current: 53
CMB: +8 CMD: 21 (23 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night)

Current Weapon in Hand: Barmaid with big hooters
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Songdragon

Explorer
The gnome almost spits her wine all over Syl at Borric's query about not only borrowing some coing, but several thousand, like it was an every day thing. Looking to be sure the man is serious she apologizes, "Sorry about that, the question was... unexpected."

She seems to dig around in her new bag and comes up with two gemstones, "If you truly needs the funds, this should do. Much of what I am considering is rather more expensive than I have funds to cover, for now." She starts to hand over gemstones to Borric when she gets a wry smile and comments, "Do I need to have you sign a lengthy contract with many large and meaningless words drawn up... or are you good for this?"

(( 2 gems worth 1000 gp each. Will mark on my character sheet.))

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan can't suppress his laughter as the small woman ably gives Borric a bit of harassing. He stifles the laughter quickly though, gulping back his drink.

OOC: As long as it's borrowing (i.e. paid back with later gold earned during the adventure), it wouldn't seem to break the LPF wealth per level rules to make a temporary loan in-adventure. My two cents on it, in any case.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Sylvain's examination of the wand is thorough. The wand confers invisibility upon whomever is the target but its magic is nearly depleted. Still, its powers may prove useful or it could be sold with the rest of the gear that the group plans to pawn.

Aldino, despite his age, is not oblivious to the barmaid' charms and stammers a distracted reply to Zelena's question about who they need to find. "Ah, errm... Neezhka. Of Hruthrip. Quite the bookbinder. Very well-respected in the field."

"That old crone?" interupts the barmaid. "She never leaves her house. Good thing, too; she's ugly enough to scare the pants off a priest." She looks thoughtful for the briefest of moments (that seems to be the longest she can hold a thought) then giggles. "But I never met a priest who can keep his pants on anyway."

A quick knock on wood from the direction of the bar and the barmaid slips from Borric's grasp with the ease of much practice. She flashes him an apologetic smile. "Anything else I can get ya?"

[sblock=OOC]Sorry, Gerald, for overlooking your previous post. The wand of invisibility (6 charges) and all the gear collected from the pirates, etc. is included in the gold totals in the Still Waters summary. As always, if there is anything you want to keep subtract that from your totals. But I'm sure you've already taken care of all that.

Re: loaning money. I won't say no; that sort of transaction is between the characters imo.[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
Syl had been quite, even ignoring the bar maid. "Aha, this is quite a find. I think Nathan or I could use this wand to make any of us invisible. Oh how I've wanted to make you vanish before, Borric! No, seriously, there isn't much of the magic left, but it would be possible to use it a few more times. I think it would be better to keep this rather than sell it off. Oh, and did anyone notice the waitress? Quite a looker!"

OOC: Guys, I am going to be absent for the most part for the next few days. I've got a road trip to New Orleans, and much drinking to do, so my posting will be very limited until Monday evening. Run Syl as needed and I'll check in if I can. Same for Basnite, if you don't mind, PM. Thanks guys!

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

"Indeed. Syl. She is quite perky and feels nice to the touch. Soft and firm in all the right places." Borric answers the witch as he watches the exquisitely shaped derriere leave his lap, thinking very impure thoughts that would make a randy farm girl blush.
Buxombarmaid.jpg

"Lass, I will gladly accept a bit of a tussle later. That will do me just fine tonight, when can I get you off?"

"Hey, I assume we will need a room to spend the night at some point." This last is directed at his companions as he justifies the time spent satisfying his manly urges later. At least he isn't dragging Syl off to go whoring among the lizardfolk this time, much to Walter's disappointment.

With the offer of the two gems, Borric takes them quickly to get them out of sight. "Zelena, I thank you. I will pay you back as soon as possible from our next haul of loot."

"Given what our girl here has said, after our rest we should finish our errands and go meet this ol' book binder."

[sblock=OOC]Since I rolled well in the Arcane Row, I won't need to delay for commissioning items. Thanks SD for the loan. :) This will significantly increase Borric's combat power.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Barmaid with big hooters
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Gerald007

First Post
OOC[sblock]Do you need some more cash, PM? I don't plan on having Syl go shopping for anything except a few third level scrolls right now.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"Indeed. Popping out of sight is always useful," Nathan says as Syl announces what he's uncovered of the wand. "I've got at least one scroll that does the same, and I think I've figured out how to get my friends to hide me or someone else for at least a short time, so probably best you keep it on hand; spreads out our options."

The young sorcerer does his best to ignore Borric's foreplay, but does nod at the suggestion of rooms.

"Those two buggers in the alley were a bit tougher than they looked at first. Probably would do us good to get a night's sleep. The shopkeep tells me at least one of my purchases will require some extra time for me to properly attune to it, and I'm quite sure Syl could use a nap after being batted so often by that half-orc.

"If your contact is the shut in the barmaid suggests, one assumes she'll be there whenever we need, yes?"
he asks Aldino, giving an easy smile to try to assuage Aldino's anxiety about making the meeting. "And lost treasure doesn't generally up and find itself in a hurry, so I don't suppose we've a need to race off?"

[sblock=ooc]As I understand it, stat-raising items are temporary for the first 24 hours. I updated Nathan's sheet with new spells per day and DCs based on his Cha bump, but I think that officially doesn't happen until tomorrow in-game. Between that and the fact I think we've used a fair bit of resources (not sure how much channeling Zelena has left), the in-character suggestion by Borric of resting up prior to moving on seems a sound one to me.

[MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION], with the wand, do we all deduct our portion of it, or just just Syl deduct the price since he's received it as part of his split of treasure? I didn't spend all of Nathan's money, so I don't think it hurts him either way, but wanted to sort that before I let it slip by.[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
ooc [sblock]After I get back from NO, I'll make another spoiler tag with all Syl's info in it. In the meantime, I purchased three scrolls, Syl will try to see if Waltor can retain when the team heads off to rest for the evening. I'll put the Spellcraft checks in this post. By my calculations, Syl should be able to teach Waltor all three...yea![/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases