[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric nods, "Okay, that trick of yours looks to work better, Nate."

The fighter listens to the others and a frown deepens on his face and he curses in Giant tongue.

"Fookin' crap on toast. It is the big clanking sucker to set them off plan. I just knew it."

Borric starts trudging towards the open door, resigned to his fate and hoping that his band of spellcasting companions can save his bloody arse if it comes down to it.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 w/out shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
The door is open wide enough that a man, or dwarf, clad in armor can slip through without hindrance. As Borric pushes it open further the door swings easily and silently on hidden hinges. Nothing stabs out at the fighter or drops from the ceiling or drops him into a pit and so Borric is able to advance into the entry of Khuldun.

Nathan's motes, glowing like torches, fill the space with light and reveal the small chamber. It is square and bare except for a thick layer of dust that coats the floor but with a sense of utilitarian construction much like the passageway through a gatehouse. A door on the wall opposite the entrance stands open and reveals a much larger chamber beyond.

Gerald007

First Post
"Nate, I don't suppose you could summon a few of those little critters, and have them precede us walking through this hallway? They might find a pit trap that I'd hate for Borric to...well, find in his own painful way."

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 7
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 58 of 58
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
  • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
"The might not," Zelena says to Syl. "If the trap requires a certain weight to set it off."

Zelena tosses her own ion torch into the air about herself and follows after borric, looking at the tracks in the dust and looking out for traps... "If this place is covered in dust, we should tell if anything else has moved around in the last while."

((Perception for the dust... perception for traps ))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 7
Initiative: +2 Perception: +16
Conditions:
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Heavy Mace +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Comprehend Langagues, Divine Favor, Divine Favor, Hide from Undead, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Ghostbane Dirge, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Searing Light, Nap Stack, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Spiritual Ally, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 7 of 7 attempts remaining; Inspiring Command : At Will; Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 attempts remaining. [/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric pauses a bit to let the gnome walk alongside him as she examines the way ahead, his own lighted orb circling his head. "Yeah, let's not be letting the heavy oaf step into the dung now, okay. Lass, you look to be checking ahead before I step, I think I will stick beside you while we go."

"Let me now if the doorway is safe and I'll head on through first."

CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"Nate, I don't suppose you could summon a few of those little critters, and have them precede us walking through this hallway? They might find a pit trap that I'd hate for Borric to...well, find in his own painful way."

"I can," Nathan offers, "But the motes can't hold those shapes for very long, and I've already burned through a portion of my influence on them with that little row last night. I definitely don't think they'd be able to do it all the way through this place, if Aldino's right about how big it might be."

[sblock=ooc]The spell only lasts a minute (6 rounds), and he's already down about 3 first level spells, so I don't think Nathan can spam it enough to really do a lot of good as a trap-detection protocol. If we find a trap we need to trigger, though, it sounds like a decent idea, provided Zelena/Songdragon's weight-dependent idea doesn't short circuit it.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)

In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19) 20
touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 5/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 3/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Zelena spends several minutes studying the dust-covered floor and the tracks that move through it. There is a set of heavier, shuffling tracks, which seem to match the boots that the undead dwarf was wearing. The tracks seem to follow the same line into and out of the room. It may just be the creature following the shortest path but Zelena has the sense that that isn't quite the case.

Finding no traps near the door Borric moves on into the room. Zelena continues to study the tracks in the dust and points out a few spots where smaller tracks can be seen, partially obscured by the shuffling tracks, as if the smaller creatures deliberately walked where the shuffling would destroy marks of their own passage.

Winding deeper into Khuldun room after room is much the same: shuffling tracks that lead to a door, turn, and then away as if the creature was following some circuit of rooms. The rooms themselves are mostly bare as if they've already been scavenged and what remains is the broken, valueless bits of common tools and furnishings, not quite the dwarven treasure they were hoping to find. In those rooms the smaller tracks are more prevalent though faint as if the looting occurred many, many years ago and the tracks were covered by new layers of dust.

Following a wide stair deeper into the mountain the group discovers a second level branching off though the stair continues to descend. The landing chamber is still of a good size but the passages off look narrower than those above, perhaps ten feet wide instead of fifteen. The group is faced with a choice: explore this new level or continue deeper into Khuldun.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric nods in agreement, "Makes sense to me, Lass."

"Anyone have some ideas on how to check if anyone comes up from below, while we are occupied on this level? It would be nice if there were cobwebs covering it so we would be able to tell if they were disturbed."

Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Gerald007

First Post
"Why Borric, I didn't know you were actually listening to Nate and I talking about magic! That Web spell I was telling you about would make it hard to get through for a little over an hour. That would give us a bit more time to look on this level, before coming back to see if the webs are disturbed. Very clever...maybe Nate and I could teach you something about magic one day," Syl nods in genuine astound,ent at his friend's suggestion.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 7
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
  • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric and Zelena, Misfortune on the dwarf, and Flight on himself.
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases