[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric is getting impatient and grumbles, "Talk to whoever you like. Just don't cost us tactical advantage. We need to get moving on this fooker before he sells the evidence or is prepared for our arrival."

"This guys needs to be taught a lesson. A head for an eye. But, I can settle for both his arms or legs. If the Guard takes care of it, great."

"If they are wishy washy, then let's take him out and you guys can smooth things over with the authorities after the fact.
"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: nothing
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan can't help but chuckle as he glances skyward.

"Of course he's part of the family," he mutters, then shakes his head as if to dismiss the line of thought.

"Alright, then. We'll stick with the same cover story, that we're after the bloke who assaulted Aldino, just in case. But, yeah, I got the impression Sekmun couldn't care less about things that didn't directly impact his particular financial interests. So long as we don't make noise about trying to take down a full-scale operation, he may still point us where we need to go."
[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: None
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 5/5

Wand Charges: 45/47

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Loab slips from Brog's grasp with a wry twist of his lipless mouth and exits the inn calling back reassurances over his shoulder. "I won't be gone long."

True to his word, the sun hasn't progressed far in its path before Loab returns with his chest heaving as if he just ran the whole way back. He smiles and ducks his head in a facsimile of a nod before he begins. "Kremuur is in his compound, basking in the sun on his rock. No business is going on right now, but if that cloud rolls in... One man at the compound gate but he don't stop no one from coming in. Three other men there, too, including Vanner."

GM: Ok, I need a clear course here. Are you going to talk to Sekmun, talk to the Lizardfolk guard, Vassril, go directly to Kremuur's compound, some combination of the three, or something else entirely?

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric scowls, "Hmph, there are only four to deal with. If we wait, we could get nothin'."

OOC: I think my vote was getting overruled by the LG people. ;)
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post

"But even if we get the gems back, if he's got guard connections, we might still be trying to do business from a cell.

"With time at stake, we probably need to let Sekmun go, but I think we at least have to make a hand wave in the direction of the law, if just to make sure we can finish our business in town."

[sblock=ooc]Nathan's actually Chaotic Good. Like he said, he doesn't generally have much use for the law, but the fact that the party's trying to do business in town after whatever goes down means a 'hit and run' approach seems like it causes the party more rather than less trouble. However little he thinks of recognized authority, he thinks even less of trouble. ;)

As above, Nathan's vote is the guardsman first, then onto the baddie. As always, though, he'll generally cave to the majority.[/sblock]

Conditions: None

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 5/5

Wand Charges: 45/47

Songdragon

Explorer
((Zelena's Chaotic Good too! ;) ))

"Those lawmen did not seem very capable. Not to mention Borric's already made 'friends' with a few of them. I also do not want to see Loab here get sent to the pits or something worse. I am for seeing what Sekmun has to say... Other then that, I guess we do what we need to do." The gnome says...

((Sekmun and then the compound... We should have been able to seek him out while Loab was off... All I want to know is what the word is on this guy and if the lizard can offer any help (even if it is just info) ))
[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
Conditions:
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +9
In Hand: none
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Longstrider (d);
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Grace, Silence, Remove Paralysis (d)
Arcane Spell Slots
  • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
  • (1st level - DC 13 - 4 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Silent Image, Vanish
Bard Song: 5 of 6 rounds remaing; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric softens his stubborn expression, "Alright, most of the time I am no idiot. Why don't we just split up to expedite things?"

"Zelena, you can go gather information from Sekmun. Nate can check with the guard. Sly and I can get prepositioned to bust in on the fooker."

"I promise not to start the party without the rest of you.
"

OOC: Checking Syl, he's NG. But, for all your misgivings on being vigilantes, I thought you all were being LG and never bothered to look. :blush: Borric's following the principle of eye for an eye (even if it not your own eye), and do unto others what they deserve. :p

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post

Nathan bites his lip, considering.

"Zelena's got a point. We did basically do their jobs for them. We'll see what we can get out of Sekmun, then, and I'll try to keep a good tall tale of woe in mind if we get caught.

"But before we do any of that,"
he says, brandishing a wand. "Gonna put on my work clothes. Syl? Want a hit?"

[sblock=ooc]Nathan will use a charge from his Mage Armor wand before leaving, and offers to hit Syl with it, as well. Stat block updated with Nathan's own charge, holding off for confirmation on the charge for Syl.

I'd rather the very-squishy Nathan didn't go anywhere on his own. If no one else is inclined to visiting the guard, Nathan can go with Zelena (if GE doesn't rule we checked with him during Loab's scouting jaunt) and the pup while Borric and Syl set up surveillance.

[/sblock]

Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour)

Wand Charges: 44/47

GlassEye

Adventurer
Borric and Sylvain

Leaving Aldino in the care of Dorummn Borric and Sylvain head into the city after Loab. The little Grippli seems energized by the activity and leads the two adventurers through narrow, winding streets along circular walled compounds and small beehive structures that one can only assume are lizardfolk homes.

Passing by one such compound Loab motions to the closed gate that is wide enough for a cart to pass through. "That is Kremuur's place. Some of his men'll be in there but he sends most of them out in the afternoon. They go drink in the market down that way." He points on down the street in the direction that they were heading.

Looking over the compound itself little can be seen of the inside. The walls are tall enough that only the top of a short tower of sorts can be seen. The gate is wide and made of course planks and opens in the middle. No guard can be seen out here but Loab assures you that there is a man just on the inside of the gate.

There isn't a good spot to stop and keep watch on the gate so Loab tugs on your sleeve to draw you past Kremuur's compound and around the beehive home on the other side where a loose-skinned lizard crone grinds grain and a pair of wide-eyed lizard sprats play in the dirt. Once around the corner and out of sight of the nearby lizardfolk Loab stops. "I'll go bring Zelena and Nathan."

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Nathan & Zelena

Nathan and Zelena with Celebfedhiin at their heels head out of the Lilypad and to the nearby docks. The boat they took from K'issp upriver to Hruthrip is no longer moored on the docks where they left it the previous day and they are beginning to think that they've missed their chance to find Sekmun when they find him nearly at the end of Hruthrip's rickety docks. The lizardfolk is loading a small pile of cargo onto a quartet of long, sleek canoes along with three other dark-scaled lizardfolk.

As Nathan and Zelena approach Sekmun straightens and watches them come up. He inclines his head and bares his teeth in his trademark faux smile. "Greetings of the Still Water to you, Nathan Tchanlach and Zelena Adu. What brings you to my boats?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases