[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

Gerald007

First Post
Syl shook his head. "I don't. Unfortunately, that's the rub. We can't adequately prepare the questions, without having any idea of what we might need to ask about, if you get my drift. I was thinking of saving the questions like gold in a bank, so if we ever were at a dead end, we would have the option of asking the crones then. That is quite an assumption that they might know a little about everything, though. Maybe the safe option of a guide would be easiest in the long run," Syl again shook his head, not sure of which option to take.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17)^, Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric.
[/sblock][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan listens to some of the discussion a moment, then throws in a few more of his coppers:

"I'd like to think there's a way to coax them into revealing what 'good' questions might be, but I get the impression the ladies have been at this awhile. And with the way they seemed to know about us without having to ask, I think we might be in trouble trying to outmaneuver them.

"So, yeah. The idea of having answers in the bank is nice, but I worry that without the guide, we might wind up in some trouble that won't let us take a hike back down to cash in."

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)

In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 4/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 3/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
"If you wanted to save the questions, how do you do so without using the questions... I mean if I ask can we save the questions for later, the women might just consider that a question." the gnome shakes her head. "Confusing lot."

Gerald007

First Post
While the group continues to discuss the merits of each option available, Waltor skitters over to Zelena and begins looking at her quizically, moving to several different spots to examine her. After a few moments, the scorpion clips a piece of the bard's hair, and shuffles back to Syl.

'Waltor, that's not nice! Shame on you for...what did you say? Hmm, you think we can help her? Well snap to it, buddy." The witch and the animal move slightly away from the others and enter into a perceived discussion, as Syl can be heard muttering a few phrases, and cursing occasionally, trying to get something right.

OOC: when I get my level approved, I will be taking Neutralize Poison as a 4th level spell. Just foreshadowing for it!

Syl [sblock]
Human Witch 6
Conditions:

• (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17)^, Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
Hexes DC 18
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric looks a bit surprised at Nate, "I did not think that we could save the questions. But, then I only assumed that we would have to ask them all at once. So I could be wrong."

Finally, he yawns and remarks, "Well, unless we come up with a brilliant idea of what to ask, we should probably play it safe and go with the guide. Maybe Nate is correct and we can possibly get more information from him."

Having cast his vote, baring someone coming up with good questions by morning, the fighter turns in to get some rest before his turn to stand watch. He is wearing his chain shirt to bed.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 27 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch) +1AC w/ Haste
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Mounted (Ride +6), Haste (+1Att, +1 AC, +30ft mv, +1 extra Attack), Bless (+1 Att), Fortune Hex(Maybe)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post

Nathan shrugs.

"Who knows what the specifics on the questions are. I think Zelena's right, and if we start asking what the rules are, we'll burn through the questions just figuring out how they work. Tricksters are no fun when they're not me," he says with a faux pout. He looks at his new ring, then, and says, "So, I'm thinking nice roast duck for dinner?" he mutters to it, closing his eyes and chewing on nothing a moment. He sighs, then shrugs.

"Oh, well. Worth a try. At least I'm not hungry. Though I am starting to miss taste."

[sblock=ooc]I'm afraid if we set a real watch schedule, I missed it. We did the "Nathan sleeps two hours then plays at Silent Image Hideaway the rest of the night" last night, but there were folks we thought likely to come after us. Was that what we wanted to do every night? Remember, his Perception is in the toilet, so he's highly unlikely to notice anyone who sees past his illusion, even if he is 'fully rested' from the ring.[/sblock]

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 4/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 3/4

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry for the delays. I've been sick and I've had problems connecting to ENWorld lately for some reason.[/sblock]

The night passes uneventfully.

As the sun peeks over the eastern ridge a shuffling can be heard from outside the camp. The three crones hobble up and stop to gaze at the party in uncharacteristic silence.

"It is time. Questions? Or our guide?"

--- -- Old Crone -- ---

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: I think we have decided on the guide. If not, please someone step in. Also, I haven't updated my sig, as no one has been around to approve Syl for level 7 yet.

Sylvain steps forward and looks around at the rest of the group before addressing the crones.
"Well, ladies, I think we have agreed to accept your kindly gesture of providing us with a guide, as to be honest, we don't have any real idea of what to ask you right now. We seem to be a bit better at burning and smashing than figuring out questions."

Syl [sblock]
Human Witch 6
Conditions:

Hexes DC 18
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

jkason

First Post

Nathan braces himself for whatever it is the crones consider an appropriate guide, but says nothing more.

1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 7/8
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Scratching his groin after only just rolling out of his bedroll, Borric grins and says, "Ya betcha, Syl. Smashin' an' crashin'. Much more satisfying than thinking hard. Duh."

The brash fighter is not really a dullard, but he doesn't care if the crones think that he isn't so bright. In his mind, better to be underestimated by the likes of them.

He sets about breaking camp, donning his platemail, saddling his war horse, and getting ready to depart.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Mounted (Ride +6)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Lance
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases