[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

Songdragon

Explorer
Seeing the plan not getting off to the best of start, the gnome mutters several divine words and then whispers ahead... "I'll be right behind your Borric..."

(( Cast Protection from evil on self ))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
Conditions:Longstider (3 hours), Bless (29 rounds), Protection from Evil (30 rounds)
AC: 23 (25 vs evil) (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +9
In Hand: none
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Longstrider (d);
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Grace, Silence, Remove Paralysis (d)
Arcane Spell Slots
  • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
  • (1st level - DC 13 - 4 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Silent Image, Vanish
Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds reaming; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: There is one more Surprise Round prep I would like to do if Zelena is not riding her dog into battle. I would suggest having Celeb being defaulted to guard Borric. That will have the pup automatically following Borric inside and attacking anyone that gets near while the fighter wades into their midst. Being Zelena's prop, I, of course, would need her agreement on this. :)

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

[sblock=ooc]Yeah, I think I unintentionally pushed the action before buffs were done with the way I posted Nathan's summons. My bad.

If it's possible to have Nathan Mage Armor Syl prior to the door opening, I'd appreciate it, but totally understandable if you don't want to, given that we've already done a fair amount of time-bending. Glitterdust would have helped pull down Reflex saves vs. Syl's possible fireball, but I don't think it's essential to the plan in any way, and I'd rather Syl stay standing, so I'm totally fine with Nathan's round 1 standard being the mage armor instead. :)

I've deducted the charge in either case.

I think Nathan may have a round or two left on his Vanish, but again, if it's less headache-inducing to assume it's already faded, I'm fine with it. :)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Vanish (5 rounds total)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 5/5

Wand Charges: 43/47

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kremuur's thugs turn their attention towards the gate when it opens and Borric steps inside. The two nearest the silo begin muttering between themselves when they notice their fellow guard has collapsed.

Zelena casts an additional protection upon herself and looks to be ready. As previously instructed Celebfedhiin stands ready to guard the gate.

Kremuur's gaze narrows as he studies the stranger at his gate but he doesn't yet make a response to Borric's inquiry.

OOC: Combat: Round One

[sblock=Map/Combat Info]

GM: Sorry, the time for pre-combat preparations has passed. We are now in combat round accounting and your actions should fall within that framework. I'll continue with Zelena's planned action for Celebfedhiin until she changes it. Nathan's Vanish will last through Round One. Nathan could have used the wand of Mage Armor on Sylvain while Zelena was doing her rounds of spell prep but the way Gerald had Sylvain perform his rounds of action and then ask for a charge I'm going to say he doesn't have it yet. Sorry. (Although next time maybe you should take it when Nathan offers, Gerald ;))

jkason, I don't think you rushed the action. The market scene plus the mish-mash of preparation, surprise round, and first round action statements made for a confusing jumble. I'll know to more clearly delineate the time frame and separate those things out a bit more in the future. Sorry if that has caused you all problems but I think it is better to push on from here rather than to allow retroactive action.

Borric: 63/63 hp remaining;
Nathan: 32/32 hp remaining
Sylvain: 50/50 hp remaining
-Waltor: 25/25 hp remaining
Zelena: 42/42 hp remaining
-Celebfedhiin: 18/18 hp remaining

Conditions:
Party:
--Bless (28/30): +1 to attack & save vs. fear
--Longstrider (Zelena)
--Protection from Evil (Zelena) (30/30): +2 deflection to AC, +2 saves
--Mage Armor (Nathan)
Abilities Used:

Bad Guys:
Kremuur - uninjured
Vanner - uninjured
Thug 1 - uninjured
Thug 2 - uninjured
Thug 3 - uninjured; asleep[/sblock]
GM: Everyone is up for Round One

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: That's fine, DM.

Syl steps into the open, getting a clear view at the lizardman and his guards before beginning his casting of his spell. A small speck of flame launches from his empty hand, gradually increasing in size, until it explodes, catching the lizard and at least a couple of his guards in the heat.

OOC: Move action-H 13, Standard action-cast Fireball Dc Ref 18 for half centered at square I 7, Free action-none.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hand (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock][/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

As the flame explodes in the compound, Nathan takes advantage of the distraction and his soon-to-end invisibility to cross to the other side of Syl, grabbing out his wand from his belt as he moves.

"Sorry 'bout that, Syl," comes the disembodied voice. "Some extra protection coming right up."

Syl hears a short utterance and feels a tiny tap on his right shoulder, then the air about him wavers momentarily.

[sblock=Actions]Move: to I14, drawing wand as part of movement.
Standard: Use Wand of Mage Armor on Sylvain (I already deducted the charge last post)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Vanish (1/5 rounds remaining)
In Hand: Wand of Mage Armor

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 5/5

Wand Charges: 43/47

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Having slipped into the compound behind Borric and cast his fireball spell, Sylvain sees the fire spread out to engulf Kremuur, all three of his nearest thugs, lick at the structures behind the thugs and burst out reaching almost to Borric.

With Nathan's boost of protective magics, Sylvain feels just a bit safer...

OOC: Combat: Round One

[sblock=Map/Combat Info]

Borric: 63/63 hp remaining;

Conditions:
Party:
--Longstrider (Zelena)
--Mage Armor (Nathan, Sylvain)
Abilities Used:

Bad Guys:
Kremuur - 19 dmg; lightly injured
Vanner - 19 dmg; severely injured
Thug 1 - 9 dmg; seriously injured
Thug 2 - 9 dmg; seriously injured
Thug 3 - uninjured; asleep[/sblock]
GM: Zelena and Borric up for Round One

Songdragon

Explorer
The gnomish woman quickly follows the fireball into the compound. With her greater speed she is up on Vanner and swinging her axe into the man before he has time to act.

(( Move to F-9, Attack with Battle Axe 1d20+7=18 to hit... for 1d6+1=7 points of damage. ))

Celebfedhiin takes up her position at the front gate as planned.

(( Move to G-13 ))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
Conditions:Longstider (3 hours), Bless (29 rounds), Vanish (2 rounds)
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +9
In Hand: none
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Longstrider (d);
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Grace, Silence, Remove Paralysis (d)
Arcane Spell Slots
  • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
  • (1st level - DC 13 - 4 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Silent Image, Vanish
Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds remaining; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric moves straight after the lizard lying down on the rock, the head of his flail whirling over his head, "Let me show why you should hire me."

He slams the head of the flail off the lizardfolk's shoulder for a light wound.
[sblock=Actions]Free Action: Talking
Move Action: Charge to H7
Standard Action: Attack Kremuur; Flail (Charge, Bless) (1d20+15=25, 1d8+8=9)
AoO if applicable when he stands up: Flail (AoO, Bless) (1d20+13=18, 1d8+8=13)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch) -2 AC Charge
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), -2 AC Charge, Bless (+1 Att)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Spiked Gauntlet/+1 Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
Zelena is normally quicker on her feet than most other gnomes and now, enhanced by her magics, could probably give Celebfedhiin a good run. After darting into the compound and attacking Vanner, she watches as the thug collapses to the ground. Vanner stares at the sky blinking rapidly a brief moment before his eyes roll back in his head and he falls unconscious.

Borric's attack flails the thick hide of the reclining lizardfolk but does less damage than he expected it to do. And when Kremuur surges to his feet Borric takes advantage of the momentary distraction provided by the action to strike again. The warrior is certain of his attack, certain he's made good a second time against their unprepared enemy and yet, a shimmer in the air so faint Borric isn't sure he actually saw it or if he imagined it deflects the blow by a hair's breadth.

Kremuur is tall, thickly built and his dark-scaled, scarred hide seems denser than that of other lizardfolk the group has seen. Standing up on his basking rock makes him seem even more imposing, even without armor and weapons beyond what is natural to his race. He hisses in a savage, reptilian display of anger and points towards Sylvain.

"Take their wizard!" He sneers at Borric and takes a swipe at the fighter with one of his claws bringing forth a well of blood. "You're Sekmun's crew. Where is the spineless worm? Sending foreigners to do his dirty work, I see."

The two thugs race towards Sylvain. The first thug, unluckily for him, takes no note of Borric's reach and Borric lashes out catching him with a brutal strike with the flail. A spray of blood and the thug falls to the ground.

The second thug's charge puts him right up in Sylvain's face but his attack is poorly executed and small-bladed sword misses the witch. When Nathan fades into view becoming more substantially visible as his spell wears off the thug lets loose a short curse in his surprise and dismay.

OOC: Combat: Round Two

[sblock=Map/Combat Info]

GM: Noticed Borric has Combat Reflexes so I took the liberty of assuming he would take advantage of the AoO presented...

Borric: 54/63 hp remaining; 9 damage

Conditions:
Party:
--Longstrider (Zelena)
--Mage Armor (Nathan, Sylvain)