[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan hisses a bit in sympathetic pain as the dwarven axe digs in.

"That doesn't look pleasant at all," he says. Borric's high-speed reversal of fortune, however, elicits a wide grin.

"Don't worry about it, Zelena!" Nathan calls out. "You concentrate on bashing, and we'll see if we can't stop our friend from playing with sharp objects. What do you think?"

The last Nathan directs to the gloopy, bottom heavy mote which materializes. The mote sloshes down and up again once in the air, then arcs through the air, splashing open on the now unattended axe, coating it in more of the magical lubricant that covers the ground nearby.

[sblock=actions]Casting Grease on the dwarf's axe. DC 17 Reflex save to pick it up, then he has to save again each round to keep hold of it.

Edit: In case Borric's disarm attempt didn't actually succeed, I was intending a Grease vs. Axe casting anyway. The only change is that, if he's still holding the weapon, making the reflex save would mean the dwarf avoids the effect[/sblock]

[/sblock]
[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours), Fatigued, Haste 3/6 rounds, Greased axe 6 minutes

In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19) 20
touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 4/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 3/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Actually, jkason, you are making it more difficult. ;) Zelena can attack, then pick up the greataxe with her move action and step away. All for free and there is nothing the foe can do to stop it. No save allowed. :)

No worries about giving up an AoO either, unless the dwarf has a spiked gauntlet that we were not told about. :p But still, I would risk an AoO from a 1d4 weapon to get rid of that greataxe from the enemy anyway.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Disarm is successful.

Re-roll not needed for Borric's AoO since the dwarf was tripped & prone. You can use that roll for the later attack which would then hit.

No comment from me about grease, etc.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Actually, jkason, you are making it more difficult. ;) Zelena can attack, then pick up the greataxe with her move action and step away. All for free and there is nothing the foe can do to stop it. No save allowed. :)

My thought was that Zelena's extra attack from Haste (vs. a prone flanked opponent, to boot) was probably a better use of her actions than moving the axe, myself. Since picking up an item provokes AoO, too, keeping Zelena there means the dwarf provokes twice if he goes for the axe, and then he still has a chance of not being able to pick it up. 2+ attacks and continued flanking bonuses for both Zelena and Borric seemed like a fair trade-off for the chance the dwarf might manage to pick up his axe (though if he does, he'll have to work to keep hold of it every single round of the fight).

Nathan's never been a particularly martial-minded character, though, so even if I'm not assessing it well enough, it's not out of character for him to make less than optimal choices. But since I'm sure Borric won't have any problem give Nathan what-for if his tactic doesn't work out, he'll have learned a lesson and grown and whatnot, so +1 for RP and all that. :)

It's not a bug, it's a feature. :D [/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"Time for fortune to favor the lovely lady," Syl says with a smile, seeing that the warriors were getting the upper hand on the undead.

OOC: Move--None. Standard--Begin Fortune Hex on Zelena, free action--speech.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 7
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 58 of 58
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
  • (4th level - DC 19) Confusion (DC 20), Neutralize Poison
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric and Zelena, Misfortune on the dwarf, and Flight on himself.
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
My thought was that Zelena's extra attack from Haste (vs. a prone flanked opponent, to boot) was probably a better use of her actions than moving the axe, myself. Since picking up an item provokes AoO, too, keeping Zelena there means the dwarf provokes twice if he goes for the axe, and then he still has a chance of not being able to pick it up. 2+ attacks and continued flanking bonuses for both Zelena and Borric seemed like a fair trade-off for the chance the dwarf might manage to pick up his axe (though if he does, he'll have to work to keep hold of it every single round of the fight).

Nathan's never been a particularly martial-minded character, though, so even if I'm not assessing it well enough, it's not out of character for him to make less than optimal choices. But since I'm sure Borric won't have any problem give Nathan what-for if his tactic doesn't work out, he'll have learned a lesson and grown and whatnot, so +1 for RP and all that. :)

It's not a bug, it's a feature. :D
Hmm, okay. I see your point. Me, I like the sure thing. But, more AoOs are probably better than taking away his weapon for sure and I admit I had not considered Zelena's extra attacks. :blush: Chances are Borric can disarm and trip him again as needed if he can roll average numbers. (no more stinking 2,5,5 rounds)

Btw, I was assuming Syl is Cackling for that Move Action he is not using. ;) Thanks, mate.[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
With the dwarf down the gnome and lets out a Xena-like cry. Feeling the increased speed of the sorcerer's sepll she strikes fast as she two hands her axe and comes down hard on the prone undead in two vicious attacks... well, that seem vicious for a a small woman of only three feet tall.

((Hasted Attack: 1d20+8=18 +2 for flank I forgot to include = 20 for 1d6+1=6 damage.
Normal Attack 1d20+10=20 for 1d6+1=5 dmg
She then kicks away the axe into the grease in front and and behind her... (if it is more than a move action, do not worry about it))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
Conditions: Fatigue, Bless, Haste, Fortune Hex
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +9
In Hand: Mithral Battle Axe +1 +8 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Ant Haul, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d);
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Summon Monster 2 (x2), Remove Paralysis(d)
Arcane Spell Slots
  • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
  • (1st level - DC 13 - 1 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Liberating Command, Silent Image, Vanish
Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds remaining; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining. [/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Borric disarms and trips the dwarf while Sylvain maintains his hexes upon his companions. Then Borric brings his flail smashing down on the creature twice. Nathan ensures that the dwarf won't be able to pick up his axe easily but then Zelena brings her own axe around in two devastating attacks. Her second chopping strike cuts through the prone dwarf's neck and the menacing red light fades and the dwarf lies still.

Except for the wind and the occasional patter of icy rain all is silent.

Examining the dwarf more closely you can see that the skin is dessicated and dry rotting from the chill elevation. Who knows how long this creature has been up here. Despite its dents the half-plate armor is finely crafted as is the greasy greataxe. If not useable they should at least bring a fair amount of coin...

It is still early in the night though Nathan has had enough sleep to take over the watch and let Zelena get some sleep.

GM: Short work made of anther solo bad guy. You'd think I would learn something from that... ;)

Congrats to Songdragon; Zelena has reached 7th level (I'll post an exact xp update tomorrow). Nathan is close, but not quite yet.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric looks down at the damage they have wrought on the undead dwarf and remarks, "Huh, not so difficult, even if we did just wake up. Nice work, lass."

"I wonder where this tin canned runt came from."

The fighter looks towards the opening where they plan to go tomorrow after some rest and he yawns. The brief surge of adrenaline is already fading and leaving him even more drained than before.

"I think I need to get back to bed. Could you help with my wound, darling Zelena? Um, please."

Borric is learning some manners, or at least making a conscious effort to use them among friends. He stows the shield on his back and returns the flail to dangle from his belt in preparation of returning to his bed roll.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 21 (26 w/platemail, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Fatigue (-2 Dex/Str)

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

The grease on the axe slurps itself together again into Nathan's gloppy mote, which spins in place and vanishes.

"I suppose if you wanted to guard your big dwarven hall indefinitely, you could do worse than talking some undead into doing it," Nathan offers as he brushes himself off and surveys the night landscape.

"If you guys want to handle the cleanup, I think I can refocus the celestial nags now before I start watch. Do we still want to muck with the rock face trick? I sort of think we've made enough noise that anything close by will know we're here by now..."

[sblock=ooc]Okay, just trying to get things straight on Nathan's spells. I know recent casting counts against prep for a day. By my count, then, he's down two first level (Bless, Grease) and one 3rd level (Haste). The mage armor I was counting from what he cast before going to bed; he'll let that expire overnight before recasting in the morning when everyone's gathering for the day.

Let me know if I've got any of that wrong, and I'll update the stats accordingly. :)[/sblock]
[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)

In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19) 20
touch: 14 (18) 19 ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor, in bold with Haste)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 3/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases