[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"The Nattering Choir seems to like you, too," Nathan adds after Syl offers to heal. "Or they approve of your life choices, at least. They say they can help with healing, too, though I don't have any antitoxins, either." He squints a moment, trying to assess the gnome.

"Is it getting worse, or do you think maybe its run its course? Hopefully the latter. I seem to remember the gods have some remedies for weakness, so in the morning, maybe your patron can help out."

Nathan raises an eyebrow at the babbling about "the ones" and mention of geas. He says nothing for the moment, however, waiting until he and his companions are alone to discuss what it might mean and how they might choose to spend their boon.

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
* 1 extra attack at full BAB when using a full attack action.
* +1 bonus to attacks
* +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves (lost if Dex is lost)
* +30 ft all movement modes (max of 2x normal speed)

In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* <+6 (Haste)> Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 4/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 3/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

After his flurry of blows with his flail, Borric whacked the corpse one more time for good measure and the flips the visor on his helm up to get a better look at the damage.

"Whoa, that is a great spell you got there, Nate. Once I get going I can smash things good and quick."

With the gnome fixing herself up, he collects his dropped weapons. Then he leads his horse back over to the crones, "What's the critter's record? Your champion did not last very long at all, the man's wee scorpion there might have been more of a challenge, heh, heh."

He considers the options, questions or guide. He looks at his companions and suggests, "Sounds like we don't have to decide until morning. The questions could be more useful, if they are not wasted. We should probably discuss them to make sure we ask the correct ones."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 27 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch) +1AC w/ Haste
HP: 73 Current: 73
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Mounted (Ride +6), Haste (+1Att, +1 AC, +30ft mv, +1 extra Attack), Bless (+1 Att), Fortune Hex(Maybe)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Gerald007

First Post
"I am leaning towards the questions, myself. I suspect we can find our way up to the site, using the knowledge of the sage and Aldino's book. The questions will probably be of the most use to us." Syl thinks for a second, before adding, "I wonder if we could get them to accompany us, and then ask them questions about whatever challenges we might run into. That might help us more than anything, if they would agree."

He looks toward the warrior. "Nice smashing, Borric. you might be better at breaking rock than you are at slaying mages."

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17)^, Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post

"Glad to help, Bor," Nathan says to the fighter. "The faster you smash things, the fewer chances they have to smash me," he adds with a wry grin.

As Syl advocates for the questions, Nathan bites his lip.

"I'm not as sure," he says of Syl's assessment, worry clear in his expression. "Waltor indicated they were truthful, and they said that getting up without a guide would be a more-than-challenging undertaking, without letting us in on why that might be.

"We could use questions to ask where else we can find a guide and what threats are up the mountain, but it seems to me if we do that, we've burned through most of the questions and might as well take the guide so we can ask him or her."

The sorcerer looks over his right shoulder a moment, listening to the air, then nods thoughtfully.

"Right. Thanks for reminding me," he says, then turns back to the group to add, "The Crones mentioned restrictions from a geas. It restricted their help with Zelena; I'm willing to bet it holds them where they are--within some boundary we can't see. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think they could come with us even if they wanted to."

[sblock=ooc]Nathan's pushing for the guide (whom he is making the possibly-false assumption the group could ask questions of), but he's pretty malleable to group will, so if everyone else is keen on the questions, he's unlikely to put up a big fight.[/sblock]

CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 4/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6

GlassEye

Adventurer
The hags watch with keen eyed interest. One scratches idly at her armpit. Another hacks up a lump of phlegm and spits into the dirt at her feet. The leader looks at the group with her wild eye rolling.

"You are safe to camp here in this clearing for the night. We will return in the morning."

The three scramble down off the rock they were standing on and shuffle off round an outcropping of rock and out of sight.

--- -- Old Crone -- ---

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Seeing the crones departing, Borric offers, "Good night ladies, let us not see you until morning. I hope."

He shudders to think what might happen if they come calling to share bedrolls. He cannot help shivering at the thought and shakes his head to clear away the gross mental images.

With camp needing to be made, Borric sets about taking care of the animals and setting up things. "I think we should still keep watch, but a nice fire would be fine tonight. Who in their right minds would cross those hags?"

He doesn't offer any further opinion on the option at this time, waiting to hear what Zelena has to say and whether Syl and Nate are going to discuss it further to sway opinions.

CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (26 vs. Disarm/ 28 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Mounted (Ride +6), Haste (+1Att, +1 AC, +30ft mv, +1 extra Attack), Bless (+1 Att), Fortune Hex(Maybe)

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post

Nathan nods, holding off further comment until firewood's collected and the group has set up camp. He nods to the piled wood and mutters, "Give us a hand?" A tiny mote zips to the pile and flashes momentarily with fire, starting the wood to burning.

[sblock=ooc]Casting Spark. Going to hold off a bit talking more until Songdragon has a chance for input, too.[/sblock]

CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena comments once the group is back together and sitting in front of a fire, "I am not sure of these questions. Of all the things that we can ask, what do we ask?"

"Would a guide not better help us? I mean we could likely muddle through the mountains and get there on our own, but a guide would be faster." She shrugs, "If you have any ideas on questions, I am open to hearing them."

((Sorry for any absence, I just reformatted my hard drive... I dislike doing that.))

Gerald007

First Post
"The reason I was thinking of taking the answers instead of the guide, was because if there is a puzzle or a maze ahead, it would be nice to have assistance if we are unable to reason it out. It might be a long trek back to here, but a future answer or three could come in very handy. But if the rest of you prefer the guide, I certainly wouldn't be bothered about that, either."

Saying his piece, Syl and Waltor grb a spot particularly close to the fire that Nate and Borric had started. It was obvious he was already missing the creature comforts of home, with the mission just barely began.

DM
OOC: Sorry, DM. My plan is to get Syl leveled on Mnday. Work is out of control right now, or Id have already done It.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17)^, Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Fortune on Borric.
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Sitting around the fire, Borric remarks, "The crones appear to put equal value on the guide as they do the questions. While Nate might be correct, the guide could provide more information than simply taking us where we need to go, there is no telling if that will be true."

"However, if the questions are to be more valuable we need to ensure that we only use one or two on getting to the location."

He frowns in concentration.

"While I agree, that getting answers to questions about puzzles or traps once we are there is potentially really valuable, we unfortunately need to ask the questions without knowing what the situation is. Wasting questions to ask what is there when we would find out for ourselves is probably not the best use of them."

"I think I would have to favor the guide, unless we can come up with three really good questions. Syl, do you already have them in mind?"

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Remove ads