[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

Gerald007

First Post
"Just be fair, Sekmun. I've no problem with you taking over the family business. Make sure the Lillypad and the grippli are taken care of. I've gotten kind of fond of those little froggies."

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18)^, Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18)^, Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber on lizard man and one guard--None.
[/sblock][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Sekmun turns from the gate and walks towards the group and the sunning stone.

"Oh, I'll be required to uproot a bit of Kremuur's business. It'll take a bit of time and effort to untangle the legitimate from the criminal but it shall be done. Now, if you'll excuse me, it seems you got what you came for and I have work to be done while Kremuur's organization is still unknowing of the change."

Over by the gate Celebfedhiin begins to growl softly and Sekmun points over to the large hound.

"And unless you intend to resume in my employment it would seem your time here is rapidly coming to an end."

You notice that Sekmun says nothing about Borric's mention of percentages.

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

[sblock=ooc]
GM: Congrats, jkason. Nathan's time xp pushed him to 6th level on May 25. I'll update the xp table in the first post asap.

Coolness. :) I'm in the middle of trying to catch up on my backlog from the long vacay, but hopefully will be through that and Nathan's level up soon. Hello, third level spells. :D[/sblock]

Nathan found himself shrinking back from the ongoing discussion of Kremuur's disposition. He seemed to find himself incapable of picking a side, or else his personal invisible 'consciences' had him befuddled with their own extra-planar morality. Either way, when Sekmun finally agreed to take the lead and Zelena's dog began to growl, the sorcerer found his tongue finally loosened.

"I think our former employer's got the right of it. We got what we were after, and if we leave now, we're not stuck tangled up in the local mess of whatever 'business' this whole thing settles out to be. I say it's time to call it a day and get back to what we were after when this little distraction caught us up."
[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Wand dropped at I14, Glitterdust (?)
In Hand: Sickle

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 4/5

Wand Charges: 43/47

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
"Agreed." the gnomish woman agrees. "Is there a back way out of this compound?"

If there is another exit, us it. If not, then get while the getting is good through the front door. Return to the Lilypad, via a long stroll at a cautious pace, just to be sure the commotion does not follow them and hinder the grippli.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric looks askance at his companions' willingness to just give up what is rightfully theirs. But, without Zelena nor Nate to handle negotiating, there is not much he can do.

He grumbles at them before leaving Sekmun's presence, "Well, if you are so quick to give up our share of the business, can I have your shares of the spoils from this venture?"

"Hell, I was thinking the local overseer we selected, either the frogs or Rissa, could keep the percentage as their payment so we know that the lizard is going to stay on the straight and narrow."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 45 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Inspire Courage (+1 Att/Dmg), Bless (+1 Att)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Spiked Gauntlet/+1 Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post

He grumbles at them before leaving Sekmun's presence, "Well, if you are so quick to give up our share of the business, can I have your shares of the spoils from this venture?"

Nathan chuckles. "Always the jokes with you, Borric," he says with a wide smile.

"Hell, I was thinking the local overseer we selected, either the frogs or Rissa, could keep the percentage as their payment so we know that the lizard is going to stay on the straight and narrow."

Nathan raises an eyebrow. "Sekmun nearly slaughtered his own kin, and you want to hook poor Dorummn's horse to that bloodthirsty cart?" he says with a mix of surprise and concern. "I think he's probably got enough to worry about with Loab. And I'm not sure your barmaid would find trying to wrangle Sekmun any more of a reward than when we barged in the Trout and nearly started a barfight."

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4

Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Wand dropped at I14, Glitterdust (?)
In Hand: Sickle

HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 4/5

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
Slapping Borric on the shoulder, Syl laughs. "Let this one go, big guy. I'm not sure I'd trust the gripplis to run things, and while Rissa is nice to look at, her business acumetn might leave something to be desired. Besides, I don't want to have to worry about this...there is dwarven treature to be had, you know! We need to collect Aldino and get to our business, now that we have Sekmun in charge here. Sooner we get through finding this treasure, the sooner I can try to talk you all into exploring the h alfings and their elemental source of power back on the river. Now that will be a party!"

Syl is ready to leave before any furthur guards or authorities show up. "Let's get to it, boys and girls, if we are ready."

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18)^, Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18)^, Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight--used, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber on lizard man and one guard--None.
[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
She looks at Nathan, "Borric does not usually joke around like that."

She turns to Borric, "We have our spoils, and a little more." She motions to the goods they found. She then waves her arms to the compound they have left, "That was never ours to start off with. And really, you want some criminal operation and the headaches that would come with convincing that lizards to work for you? If you wanted some business to run, you would not be out adventuring, chasing after lost treasures and the like. We have your money returned, the grippli are safe, a criminal will not terrorize good people, and we are alive to tell the tale. It was a good day!"

"Make it up to your woman Borric and tell her the lizard try to frame her. Enjoy the comforts, I suspect we will be on the road again soon." she says as she continues along the way to the Lilypad.

GlassEye

Adventurer
With Vanner dead and Kremuur on Sekmun's tight leash Sylvain's worries over the grippli family are lessened and his enthusiasm to proceed on to their goal is infectious: Celebfedhiin bounds around Zelena constantly nudging her hand for scratchings. Waltor, too, seems restless and scuttles up Sylvain's arm to his shoulder where he clatters his small pinchers and chatters in arachnoid commentary on the town. Nathan's motes, however, invisibly follow the sorcerer in a sullen silence that speaks volumes about their opinion of recent events.

Leaving the compound the four travelers are able to make their way to the merchant that they visited earlier in the day and pick up the remainder of their purchases (and any new ones that their new-found wealth might garner). By the time they finish with the merchant most of the day has been wasted in the resolving of this criminal incident.

As you all enter the Lilypad Aldino pushes his chair back from the table where he sits and totters to his feets. He steadies himself with one hand on the table and he anxiously searches your faces. Apparently he finds what he was looking for and he breaks out into a smile of greeting.

"Welcome back, friends!" His eyes twinkle with mischief. "You seem rather pleased, or at least not fuming, so I presume your possessions were retrieved to your satisfaction? While you were dealing with that unpleasantness, which I'm sure the Mageslayer and your Wizardlinesses handled quiet effectively, Dorummn here was helping me with the location of our contact. I am certain I can lead us there. In the morning; it's rather too late now, I suspect."

-- = Aldino Galucci = --

jkason

First Post

Nathan sighs as he looks to the invisible motes. "Seriously, you'd all be pouting about killing a helpless soul if we'd chopped his head off, so don't go pretending I can win with you lot," he mutters to the unseen celestials.

The sorcerer holds his wand out as the party travels back to the shop, saying, "Say, Syl, the judgmental entourage--" here he gestures to the air around him--"have figured out how this stick does its trick. Actually, they're a bit puffed up about how much longer they can generate the same protection. Figure I'll sell this off and see if I can't find something else to help save my skin when the rocks start flying again. But I thought I'd see if you wanted to buy it first."

[sblock=ooc]I swapped out Snapdragon Fireworks for Mage Armor with Nathan's most recent level up, since he'll only have to cast twice a day to cover himself at this level (and SF, while fun, hasn't been all that effective). Figured if Syl wants the wand (645 gp with its current charges) or either of the two Mage Armor scrolls (25 gp each), I'd give him first crack.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6

Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour)
In Hand: None

HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*

1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 4/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases