[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun - Page 10





+ Log in or register to post
Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 726
  1. #91
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,396

    Ignore GlassEye
    The tavern and its occupants seem to be holding their collective breath as Borric, Nathan, Sylvain, and Zelena exit escorting Dorummn out and followed quickly by Aldino. The tension lessens as they all step into the street and move off to an alley for a bit of privacy. For everyone except Dorummn: the little Grippli man seems even more nervous now that his moment of revelation has come. His skin appears waxy and damp and he wrings his hands nervously.

    "Good, ahm... news?" He gulps and the skin around his throat puffs in and out much like a bullfrog's. Finally, it all comes out in a halting monologue. "The tadpoles told me of your misfortune, Master Hawkins, and I am shamed to relate that the theft occurred in my very own home by my very own offspring; but not the tadpoles, they're good little ones. But my eldest, ah, Loab, he's in a spot of trouble, you see." He hastens to explain further. "And he knows, we all know, that Rissa is only attracted to men of wealth so after she left, while you slept... He stole your gems and used them to pay off a substantial debt to the grayscales."

    Dorummn pauses to see what sort of reaction his revelation elicits but then rushes on, stumbling over himself to apologize. "I am shamed that the hospitality I offered you was broken; I'll pay you back. I don't have the money, but somehow, I'll pay you back!"



    GM: FYI: Sylvain reached 6th level on April 1st. Go ahead and work up your level-up, Gerald.

 

  • #92
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,344
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Borric follows what Dorummn says and mutters, "You have got to be kidding me. Hummph."

    "Well, this is not all bad. Assuming Rissa is not so offended that I came looking for her as a possible thief. Bah! I will cross that bridge when I come to it."

    With a rueful smile, he looks at the grippli and asks, "Okay, mate. Just how are you planning to pay back 2500 gold coins worth? That is a healthy amount loose change. I am taking it you did not just expect pity from us and going to leave it that."

    "Just how did the lil' blighter get so in debt to begin with?"

    The brash fighter is really beginning to regret starting his day still sore from bedroom wrestling and short on sleep.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 63 Current: 63
    CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

    Current Weapon in Hand: nothing
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #93
    "Well, let's look on the bright side. At least we don't have to fight a whole bar! No seriously, let's think this through. We need to talk to your tadpole if he's still around. If not, can you tell us who he paid and where they are located? We can go reacquire our funds, and teach the fella a lesson, who have them."

    [ooc]Will work Syl up this evening, DM![\ooc]

    Syl
    Spoiler:

    Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
    Human Witch 5
    Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
    Conditions:
    AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 42 of 42
    CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +5
    In Hand: Nothing







    Spells: Arcane
    • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hand (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
    • (2nd level - DC 17) Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
    • (3rd level - DC 18) Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
    Hexes DC 17
    • Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
    [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

  • #94
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,775

    Ignore jkason

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    Nathan's shoulders slump as the grippli makes his revelation. He turns slightly to the air over his right shoulder and glares at some comment his unseen attendants apparently made, then returns his attention to the matter at hand.

    "I'll assume this debt wasn't for legitimate business, either?" Nathan asks. "If so, well, maybe we can just reclaim the gems as part of a reward for nabbing local nasties," the sorcerer offers, trying to add to Syl's 'look on the bright side' philosophy.

    mini-stats
    Note: This version of the statblock includes the headband of Cha in the casting stats.
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: None
    In Hand: None

    AC: 15 (19)
    touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
    HP: 32/32
    CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
    2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 5/5

    Wand Charges: 45/47

    Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining

  • #95
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,396

    Ignore GlassEye
    Dorummn is a bundle of nerves as he continues to talk with Borric, Nathan, Sylvain and Zelena and can hardly keep his hands still. He plucks a kerchief from where it was tucked into his belt and wipes at the sheen of sweat that covers his rubbery looking skin. He has the decency to look abashed when Borric makes his comment about not expecting pity; it's fairly clear that he hoped putting himself at the party's mercy would count for something.

    The skin of his throat swells and contracts several times in Dorummn's agitation. "Ahm... well. You see, I don't know how exactly." He continues on in a rush. "It may simply be a matter of coin to you but it is much more to me. The bonds of hospitality have been broken and I have been shamed. I wish to restore my honor and to begin to make amends then you shall, of course, continue to be my guests without charge." He hesitates and looks hopefully up at the group. "If you trust that you and your belongings will be safe in my home."

    When Sylvain and Nathan pipe up Dorummn briefly smiles and bobs his head. "Yes, yes! I thought you might wish to speak with Loab and so I told him to await my return! If we can aid you in the return of your funds then that will lessen our not inconsiderable debt!" He begins a slow progression down the street to the Lilypad.

    "Ahm... no. No, legitimate business, I'm afraid. I can't get the whole story from him but it seems he may have been caught by them in some petty thievery and forced to pay some sort of obscene restitution to them for intruding in their business. He couldn't pay it, of course, and so they demanded even more as time went on. Impossible. And that he even became involved with such actions and hooligans in the first place... I am a failure as a father."

    By this time the procession has arrived at the Lilypad and Dorummn throws open the door and everyone enters. Fears and suspicions that Dorummn might have foolishly left Loab to wait alone allowing him to flee and escape punishment of any sort are allayed as they enter: Brog, the boggard help, squats on the floor and holds one meaty hand around Loab's arm. Loab tugs ineffectually against Brog's grip but slumps in defeat when everyone gathers round.

    Loab peers up with his one good eye at Borric. "What're ya gonna do to me?"


  • #96
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    Ignore Songdragon
    Zelena looks to Booric as he throws his anger her way and is about to reply but holds her tongue and takes a deep breath. She looks to Nathan and smiles, "You did well in there. Nice work."

    She listens to Dorummn's tale before nodding in understanding. It was not his fault but he at least has taken responsibility for the actions of a wayward child. She does empathize with the grippli and holds him with a respect for that.

    The gnome appears at Borric's side... "Perhaps you might want to tell your tale... in full and we shall see what can be salvaged."

  • #97
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,775

    Ignore jkason

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    Nathan gives a sheepish grin at Zelena's compliment, trying to avoid catching too much of Borric's attention after he's vented he spleen at the gnome.

    "Thanks. I'm not as smooth as I've seen you be, but I've spent a bit of time having to talk myself out of sticky wickets, as it were," he returns.

    Nathan relaxes a bit as Zelena takes the lead in questioning the young grippli, hoping things are a bit more successful here than they were at the pub.

    mini-stats
    Note: This version of the statblock includes the headband of Cha in the casting stats.
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: None
    In Hand: None

    AC: 15 (19)
    touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
    HP: 32/32
    CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
    2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 5/5

    Wand Charges: 45/47

    Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining

  • #98
    Sylvain pulls Dorummn to the side and speaks to him in a low voice. "You aren't a failure as a father. You can't control what he does once he gets old enough to leap onto his own lillypad, so to speak. You've been square with us. We'll try to keep Borric's considerable ire focused on the ones what really deserve it."

    Syl
    Spoiler:

    Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
    Human Witch 5
    Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
    Conditions:
    AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 42 of 42
    CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +5
    In Hand: Nothing







    Spells: Arcane
    • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hand (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
    • (2nd level - DC 17) Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
    • (3rd level - DC 18) Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
    Hexes DC 17
    • Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
    [/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

  • #99
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,344
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Borric fingers the flail at his belt, with an obvious impatience, "Hummph."

    "Bashing your fookin' head in will not get me anywhere. Nay, we need your head intact to try and get my money back. Do as the lass says, and tell us everything."

    "If things work out, maybe we get you out of trouble and we get my money back. Win, win."

    "And if we can finish it up quickly I can buy a nice piece of jewelry to apologize to Rissa once that bastard bartender tells her that I was accusing her of thievery."


    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 63 Current: 63
    CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

    Current Weapon in Hand: nothing
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #100
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,396

    Ignore GlassEye
    Loab looks sullenly up at the men and women surrounding him and tugs feebly at his arm still held fast in placid Brog's grip. He starts when Borric mentions bashing in his head and it's clear he's beginning to realize he is in serious trouble. Dorummn seems grateful for Sylvain's reassurance though still worried and he startles and almost runs to his son's defense. However, the look on his face shows him determined to not enable his son's criminal activity and he stands resigned at the sidelines.

    Loab is slow starting but once he gets started, much like his father, the words tumble out in a rush. "I'd pick up things in the market. Trinkets, ya know? An' sell them so I could buy sweets for my sibs." He gazes up to see if he's earned any sort of sympathy but the ring of faces around him convince him otherwise and he continues on. "Sold the trinkets to Vanner the Hook, skinny human with greasy hair and big rings in his ear, works with Kremuur Grayscale. Gave me good money, too. I did it a lot." He shoots a shamed look over at his father who seems to wilt further with each revelation. "Then Vanner comes to me, says I owe the grayscales a cut of my work. Gold was spent by then and he says to me its ok, and I can pay next week. So, next week I have a little something from the market to pay off but it ain't enough and the amount he says I owe keeps going up and up 'til I need something big to pay it all. Vanner starts gettin' nasty and him and a couple of Kremuur's other boys come and say they gotta beat me up if I don't pay." He motions towards his eye, clouded over from an injury, but he flinches away from the painful memory and pushes ahead with his story.

    "And I see Rissa come in with a rich foreigner..." He shrugs and stares at the floor. "I snuck in your room early, after I saw Rissa left, and went through your stuff when you was sleeping. I needed something small but worth lots of gold and when I saw those gems I thought I was finally free. I took 'em to Vanner over at Kremuur's place."


  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dwarven Dungeon and Mines now has DWARVEN AIRSHIP stretch goal!
      By FATDRAGONGAMES in forum Kickstarter Announcements
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd April, 2013, 01:04 PM
    2. Dwarven Monk, Dwarven Defender
      By wolfpunk in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Friday, 19th January, 2007, 05:43 AM
    3. Join the Crusade
      By cleaverthepit in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Friday, 16th January, 2004, 04:21 PM
    4. Crusade
      By Mistwell in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 85
      Last Post: Friday, 6th June, 2003, 10:28 PM
    5. First Crusade
      By Bagpuss in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 12:38 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •