[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"I saw those gems I thought I was finally free. I took 'em to Vanner over at Kremuur's place."

Nathan's attention snags on the young frog-man's wording.

"You thought you would be?" he says, eyebrow raised. "Now, is that just a comment on your father catching you, or did you just find out about no honor among thieves? Some double-secret probation or fee just kick in when you turned those gems over?"

[sblock=mini-stats]Note: This version of the statblock includes the headband of Cha in the casting stats.
Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: None
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 5/5

Wand Charges: 45/47

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
"These items you picked up... meaning items you stole or items that were discarded?" Zelena asks.

She also asks as she looks to Loab or Dorummn, "Please explain who Vanner the Hook and Kremuur Grayscale are please."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric fingers still unconsciously drum on the handle of mageslayer. He remarks ruefully, "I see. These bastards are in the protection racket. That's just fookin' great. We can just hit them up for some protection money of our own."

"While you are explaining who these trog snot eaters are, can ya tell us where they hang out and when best to catch them unawares as well?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: nothing
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Gerald007

First Post
After speaking to the father, Syl held back, knowing that Zelena was the best at information gathering of the group. Syl tended to make some people uncomfortable with his way. that didn't stop Waltor from clicking and chittering away disapprovingly, while listening to Loab's story. "You are right...he got mixed up with the wrong people. I guess its easy enough to do in this town. Not everyone has someone like me to keep them out of trouble," he told the scorpion. With that being said, Waltor made a snorting laugh sound, and climbed back up the witch's robe, ending the discussion.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 5
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +5
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hand (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Lightning Bolt (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 17
  • Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock][/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Loab wilts at Nathan's question about being out from under the debt to the gang of thieves. "Vanner said it was a start and I should bring him more if I knew what was good for me."

The young Grippli looks distinctly uncomfortable at Zelena's prodding and briefly glances over at his father. "I mean things I nicked. Things worth a little something. And Kremuur Grayscale is a boss that runs a gang for the Grayscales. Vanner is one of his men."

Turning his attention to Borric Loab continues. "Kremuur's place is inside the city. He's got a compound where he runs his business; a silo for storing grain or something like that." He brushes off the details and it is probable that he doesn't understand exactly what this Kremuur does to front his criminal activities. "He's got a few men he keeps around to do the lifting. Kremuur don't go out much but his men come and go all the time. Kremuur likes a sun-bath in the afternoon and hates to be disturbed. Everyone knows not to bug him then. I can take you there; it's where I took your gems."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric looks to his companions as his fingers still drum absently on the flail's handle, "I am of a mind to just walk right up to this sunbather and start discussing him returning the extorted gems. Mageslayer makes some blunt arguments."

"Let us finish our shopping and get your items. I can pay for a new flail afterward."

CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post

"I don't imagine someone who sounds big as this Grayscale does his business without being covered against the law, whether that's front organizations or corrupt law enforcement or both.

"I have a feeling walking up to him in broad daylight and threatening him will probably be about as effective as what we managed back in the pub. Possibly less so since we've already made a scene.

"But if Borric's fine with it, then, yes, we should probably finish supplying ourselves. We can discuss strategy while we do so.

"And you'll be sure to sit tight and wait for us, won't you son?"
the sorcerer finishes with a raised eyebrow in the direction of Loab.

[sblock=ooc]I'm not entirely clear on if we all finished purchasing, or if finding Borric's money missing interrupted the whole trip. If the latter, then, yes, we should probably finish stocking before tracking down greyscale.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Note: This version of the statblock includes the headband of Cha in the casting stats.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 5/5

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric grins and his eyes are cold, "The difference, Nate, is that I don't really plan to do much talking. The blighter is an extortionist and crime boss by the sounds of it."

"Therefore, I consider him fair game. We get close and start bashing him. Then we can talk once we get his surrender or we heal him up just enough to talk after almost killing him."

OOC: I think we have not shopped, yet. But if GE allows, I would like to at least pick up what else I purchased. If nothing else it means I can effectively use my character sheet with out trying to roll it back. The difference between my new flail and the old one is simple enough to remember.

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post

"You may consider him fair game, but does the local barracks?" Nathan returns with a note of concern. "We go from disrupting local businesses with unsubstantiated accusations of theft to beating up someone who's managed to build a viable cover as a local businessman, and I'm afraid we're the ones who'll wind up in the stockades."

Nathan turns to Dorummn, asking, "Surely there's a local constable or two you trust? Maybe we can start by talking to him."

GlassEye

Adventurer
GM: You have everything from shopping except the item you couldn't afford because of the theft.

Aldino looks around and shifts uncomfortably. "Oh dear, this is such an uncivilized place compared to Venza! Perhaps, I should just wait here and, ah, make a list of what we might need later? I won't get in the way, then, while you're dealing with... this." He waggles his fingers and it's pretty clear he's uncomfortable with all the criminal activity that has swirled around the group since they arrived in Hruthrip.

Dorummn listens to the debate between Nathan and Borric and glances at Loab several times with a worried look on his face. "Vassril isn't a bad sort," he says quietly. "He's a guard captain, and I think you already know him. I'm afraid if we go to the guard that Loab will end up in the Pit with the rest of the criminals... Those types would kill him without even thinking about it if they knew he ratted them out."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases