[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan takes Aldino around the shoulder, patting him reassuringly as he walks him to the door.

"You're right, grandfather, and I'm sorry we got ourselves all ... entangled. But, yes, it's probably safest if you take advantage of the Lilypad's comforts while we get this all sorted."

Whether Aldino chooses to stay and continue listening, or moves off, once Nathan feels he's done his best to re-assure him, he turns back to Dorummn, who has his own concerns:

"He's a guard captain, and I think you already know him. I'm afraid if we go to the guard that Loab will end up in the Pit with the rest of the criminals... Those types would kill him without even thinking about it if they knew he ratted them out."

"Is he the bloke who helped us on our little romp across the city chasing the half-orc?" Nathan asks. Assuming the response is affirmative, the sorcerer's face quickly twists into a sly smile.

"I think we've got an easy out, then, my friend. Our employer was molested by criminals yesterday, you see, and one of those rapscallions got away. In our continuing investigations, we've been hearing all sorts of rumors about this ... Greyscale fellow, and we thought we might ask the good captain what he knows about the lizardfolk's operations in town.

"See? Not a mention of grippli in the mix,"
he says. "Mind you, if tracking down this villain just happened to also uncover our missing gemstones, why wouldn't that be a surprise to all of us?" he finishes with a wink.

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: None
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 5/5

Wand Charges: 45/47

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena listens and thinks as she turns to Dorummn, "Perhaps you can explain the political and social workings here? I am a bit confused, I thought the Greyscales were the authorities. Or is that a term for all lizardfolk?"

She looks to her companions, "Honestly, I have no idea what to do to get the gems back. While Loab has done wrong, he does still seem to recognized what he did was wrong. And We cannot just walk in and demand anything, we are likely to end up out in the swamp somewhere."

She looks to Aldino and chuckles, "Only in appearances my friend. Venza's bad side is hidden away a bit better..."

((I am clueless how to proceed. I like the direct approach, but I do not want to be dead by the end... ))

Gerald007

First Post
"I like the way you think, Nathan. It's not completely above board, but we could always bring up the pursuit of the escaped assailant if hard pressed. Of course, it would be better if we could find a non violent way to secure the gems, but all of us know that is pretty unlikely.

Turning to Dorummn, Syl quickly reminds him to watch out for Aldino before gettign back to the topic at hand. "Don't let him wander. If we help Loab, we need you to ensure Aldino's safety and comfort for us. He will sneak out quickly, if you aren't watchful."

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hand (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 17
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aldino looks confused but settles himself at a table nearby and busies himself with his satchel. Not finding what he is looking for he gives up and gazes into the space above his head and counting off on his fingers items he thinks he needs to acquire.

"Donkey... Tent..."

His mental list-making is interrupted by the continuing discussion and he sniffs loudly at the idea that he needs Dorummn to look out for him.

Dorummn, however, nods eagerly at Nathan's plan. "Yes! That would keep Loab out of trouble." He looks over at his son and scowls. "Or rather, not pile more trouble on top of that trouble he's already in."

He turns his attention to Zelena and begins to describe the politics of the lizardfolk clans in the region. "No, no. The Grayscales are a single clan, mostly outside the city but they do have a compound or two within it, who are involved in criminal activity here in Hruthrip and probably other places along the Ouhm. Everyone knows it but the guard hasn't done much about it. Not for lack of trying! Those Grayscales are tricky; you can't trust any of them."

[sblock=OOC]Songdragon, whenever I don't know how to proceed I do something rash. Not that I'm advocating that here but when I find myself uncertain of what to do taking an action, any action, usually opens something up. And by my reading you have two courses of action proposed: strong-arm Kremuur or visit guard-captain Vassril. I'm sure there are other possibilities. Anyway, enough of my ramblings.[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
She asks the others, "Do you think Sekmun might be able to help us in any way? He was nice enough during our voyage. If he's still in town that is."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric has an impatient look of consternation at being reminded that he torqued off the bartender and probably jeopardized his chances at getting more action in the evening. Unless he can clear this up in time to get some nice jewelry to fix Rissa's hurt feelings.

Looking hard, the fighter says, "I have no problem holding this fookin' Kremuur responsible for the theft. He is extorting payment for thievery from Loab, he's guilty. He lives to complain, then he gets in trouble for his crimes as well. Though, he might find it hard to complain after he is dead. Shock and awe approach, sort out the diplomacy later."

"But, if you want to avoid trouble with the law, then we can stop there first and report the bastard to the Captain. If he does nothing, then we bash in greyscale brains."

"But, I don't want to risk alerting Kremuur we are coming for him, nor give him a chance to unload the evidence. And, I don't want to lose our chance at catching the blighter sunbathing and unawares."

"Hey, Dorummn. Next thing you can do to repay your debt is to get some eyes on our target, gathering information on his exact location and how many men he has. can you do that discretely for us?"

OOC: I am not confused about what to do in the slightest. :p I was busy and could not post IC yesterday, that's all.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: nothing
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan gives Sylvain a mischievous smile for his compliment, then nods to Zelena. "Sekmun might be a resource, if he hasn't sailed on already," he says. "From what you were telling us you heard 'round town, it doesn't sound like he has a friendly relationship with the local lizards, but that might be helpful in the end.

"As to the local law,"
he says, addressing Borric's statements, "I'm not a big fan of authority in general," here he glances above his shoulders meaningfully, "but we need to be able to walk the streets without winding up in a cell, at least until we can meet with Aldino's contact. Otherwise, our little off-trail adventure never gets off the ground."

[sblock=ooc]Well, yes, Borric's a pretty straightforward type, and I wouldn't expect him to be worried beyond feeling he was the aggrieved party. Nathan, however, has literal angels on each shoulder babbling on about consequences and the like. ;)

Made an assumption that Zelena shared her Gather Info, which I believe involved a local lizardfolk (possibly our target) bad-mouthing Sekmun. If Zelena was inclined to keep that to herself (she hasn't seemed the sort to do so, but I could be wrong), let me know and I'll amend.

In any case, I'd say we see if Sekmun's still around, evaluate what aid he can offer, then either use that vs. our target, or move on to the captain for at least local intel[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: None
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 8/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 5/5

Wand Charges: 45/47

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The nictating membrane snaps closed over Dorummn's eyes and then open again. He seems uncertain with the task given him by Borric. "I suppose I can..."

Loab, however, shows no such hesitation and he looks up to meet Borric's eye. "I'll do it. Da's a fumble-pad; you don't want him sneaking around nowhere. Like ta give it all away before it's begun." He gives a pointed tug on his arm still held fast by Brog.

Dorummn's head snaps back to Zelena. "Wait. Sekmun? The merchant, Sekmun? You're friends with him?" The grippli seems to wilt and he throws his hands up to cover his eyes. "Oh, Great River! He's one of them! He's a Grayscale, but I can't speak poorly of him: he's always been involved in the merchanting interests of the clan and I've heard no rumor he's involved in the criminal activities."

Loab rolls his eyes in reaction to his father's melodrama.

[sblock=OOC]Lol, I knew Borric's plan: 1) Bash. 2) Retrieve.

jkason, info gathered by Zelena occurred in full view of everyone in the street on the way to the merchants so I see no problem with Nathan making mention of it. Also, based on description of grayscales as a bit darker in coloration the unnamed lizardfolk Zelena chatted with in the street was most likely not Kremuur.[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
"Friends might be stretching it... but he did hire us to help guard his merchandise as we came upriver. Employer for a short time would be a better term." She shrugs, "He seemed like a straight up kind of guy... ah... lizard."

Gerald007

First Post
Syl nods in agreement with the gnome. "Sekmun seemed to be a straight shooter. He'll listen and advise us accordingly. He won't run and sell out out either, so long as we are square with him. He might want a small fee, but his advice would be worth it, I think."

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hand (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 17
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases