[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

Gerald007

First Post
"I'm in favor of Nate starting the fun off by distracting the regulars here. I can certainly try to jinx the guard at the gate and let him get some much needed sleep. I'm ready to go when the rest of you are. And wait til you see my fireball, heeheehee," Syl giggles, clearly ready to show off his new trick to his friends.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hand (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 17
  • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan nods. "I have to get kind of close to do this, so, first of all ... if you'd draw the veil?" The last bit Nathan says to the air above him. There's a rush of circular wind about him, and the faint glow of a swarm of motes, which spin around about him at amazing speed, their passage seeming to erase Nathan from the world.

"Okay. When you hear the commotion, I'll be on my way back to you fast as I can," comes the retreating voice of the sorcerer.

Moving quickly, Nathan gets in range of the guards / stoolies in the market, and points to a crowded gathering a short way away from them, knowing the motes see him with something more than eyes.

"All right, there have to be a few of you ready to make trouble. I mean, surely I've rubbed off on some of you?" he whispers.

A pair of motes roll along the dirty ground, gaining mass and growing appendages as they go, finally standing up as a pair of monkeys which screech wildly and begin hopping about the market causing havoc.

Nathan, smiling invisibly, runs at full speed back to where he hopes Sylvain is already enacting his sleeping magics.

[sblock=ooc]Range on summon minor is only 35', so I'm thinking it's easier to not get caught if he stacks on the Vanish, so:

Vanish (5 rounds)

Quickly move to range, cast Summon Minor Monster (roll linked above, summons 2). Once the monkeys are summoned, he runs back to the others.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Vanish (5 rounds total)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 5/5

Wand Charges: 44/47

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The monkeys leaps up onto a fruit cart and begin pelting Kremuur's thugs with overripe persimmons. When the thugs shout out in indignation and get up to chase the monkeys the monkeys scatter. One snatches up the mesmerized snake and tosses it into the goat enclosure, the second runs screeching straight towards the city guardsmen. Goats panic and break down the enclosure in their eagerness to get away from danger and the guards move into the fray.

It looks like Kremuur's thugs will be busy for quite some time allowing the group to deal with Kremuur and his reduced gang. The way is open for the group to approach the compound...

[sblock=Map/Combat Info]

Party has initiative and surprise

Borric: 63/63 hp remaining;
Nathan: 32/32 hp remaining
Sylvain: 50/50 hp remaining
-Waltor: 25/25 hp remaining
Zelena: 42/42 hp remaining
-Celebfedhiin: 18/18 hp remaining

Conditions:
Abilities Used:

Bad Guys:
Kremuur
Vanner
Thug 1
Thug 2
Thug 3[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"Guess its my turn," Syl nods once Nathan returns back to the group. Once everyone is ready, Sylvain says a couple jumbled phrases, and focuses his ability on the guard listed at #3.

He peeks through the wall to see if his jinx had any effect on the guard.

OOC: Standard Action-Sleep Hex, DC Will 18, Move Action-look through the fence/wall, Free Action-talk.

Syl [sblock]
Human Witch 6
Conditions:

• (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hand (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
Hexes DC 18
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric has already strapped on his shield and slipped the new spiked gauntlet on his right hand. Getting ready to charge through, he whispers with a wicked grin of anticipation, "Say the word and I kick open the door and charge inside."

[sblock=Actions]Before Surprise Round: Getting ready for combat ahead of time
Free Action:
5ft step to be able to charge to F9;
Standard Action: N/a
Move Action: Delay to go last and open door[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Spiked Guantlet/+1 Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"I'll see what I can do to blind Kremuur and whoever's close enough to him. Hopefully will keep him from bolting."'

[sblock=ooc]Nathan's planning on throwing a glitterdust as above. I think he can catch one other, so probably the non-generic thug. DC 18 Will save to avoid blinding, -40 stealth regardless of save.

ETA: Since Borric wants to charge, Nathan's fine with opening the door, since he doesn't want to move any further than it takes to target with spells. :)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Vanish (5 rounds total)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 5/5

Wand Charges: 44/47

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
As Nathan goes about doing and she and the others move into position (prior to reaching the gate) she casts a spell on herself... "Ral, grant me the speed, that I may aid those larger than I." She casts Longstrider.

The gnome calls for the blessings of her god... "Ral I call upon your aid in battle against a being that oppresses others." She casts Bless on everyone... And gives a nod that she is good to go with her axe out at the ready.

(( Longstider (3 hours), Bless 30 rounds. ))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
Conditions: Longstider (3 hours, movement 40 ft) Bless (30 rounds)
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +9
In Hand: battle axe and shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Longstrider (d);
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Grace, Silence, Remove Paralysis (d)
Arcane Spell Slots
  • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
  • (1st level - DC 13 - 4 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Silent Image, Vanish
Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds remaing; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"Any chance you could hit me with that Mage Armor wand, Nate? Figure I might need it, from what Sekmun told you all."

Syl [sblock]
Human Witch 6
Conditions:

Hexes DC 18
[/sblock][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Once everyone has readied themselves for the assault on Kremuur's compound Sylvain steps up to the gate and peers through in order to fix his target for his Slumber hex. Whether it is some odd circumstance, fate or something else when the witch peers through the crack at the edge of the gate Kremuur raises up his head and looks directly at the gate.

There is a moment of tense anticipation then Sylvain hexes the guard at the gate. The thug slumps to the ground. At Sylvain's signal Nathan throws open the gate but one half of the gate thumps into the slumbering form of the guard and opens no further. The way is open but not as widely as anticipated.

OOC: Combat: Surprise Round

[sblock=Map/Combat Info]

GM: Ok, a bit confusing but here's my take:
Most of the stated actions above would fall under the prep time before we moved into round accounting.

Surprise Round:
Sylvain hexes guard; Nathan throws open door
No action yet for Borric or Zelena but Borric's planned charge line is blocked by the partially open gate. He could make H7 or I7 (or do something else entirely, of course).

Round One:
Nathan's planned Glitterdust (still open to change) but we'll get to the actions for round one when the surprise round is over.

Borric: 63/63 hp remaining;
Nathan: 32/32 hp remaining
Sylvain: 50/50 hp remaining
-Waltor: 25/25 hp remaining
Zelena: 42/42 hp remaining
-Celebfedhiin: 18/18 hp remaining

Conditions:
Party:
--Bless (29/30): +1 to attack & save vs. fear
--Longstrider (Zelena)
--Mage Armor (Nathan)
Abilities Used:

Bad Guys:
Kremuur - uninjured
Vanner - uninjured
Thug 1 - uninjured
Thug 2 - uninjured
Thug 3 - uninjured; asleep[/sblock]
GM: Borric and Zelena are left for the Surprise Round

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric steps inside the gate and looks at the sleeping oaf as he remarks to the sunbathing lizard inside the compound, "You appear to need better guards. May I apply for the job?"

[sblock=Actions]Free Action: Talking
Standard Action: N/a
Move Action: Move to G12 (I think still give Syl the room to use Fireball in 1st round if he wants.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Spiked Guantlet/+1 Flail
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases