[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun - Page 21


What's on your mind?

  1. #201
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,968
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    "Sekmun," Nathan says with a cautious wave and nod. "See you decided to take a stroll before you head off?"

    The sorcerer listens to the air a moment, then shrugs to Borric. "Afraid my little friends are being judgmental again, so I can't help with the healing. Think that'll have to come from a bottle or Zelena."

    Nathan stays in position until Borric has the captives all securely bound, then ranges closer to the silo.

    "I'm not sure how much we can trust him to tell us if it is trapped," Nathan offers as Zelena asks the question. He glances back to Sekmun again. "Don't suppose you know any family secrets in that regard?"

    ooc
    Not entirely sure on the timeline, here, but had multiple responses to give so I sort of picked an order and ran with it.

    Borric is Neutral, so Nathan's Heavenly Fire ability can't provide him any healing.


    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Wand dropped at I14, Glitterdust (5/5 rounds)
    In Hand: Sickle

    AC: 15 (19)
    touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
    HP: 32/32
    CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
    2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 4/5

    Wand Charges: 43/47

    Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining

 

  • #202
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,689
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    It was probably the arrival of Sekmun and his cronies that set Celebfedhiin to barking, as Zelena suggested might be the case, but Sylvain thinks he could fly to the inn and back in less than five minutes, not counting the time it takes to check on the grippli family. Never hurts to be safe, after all.

    Kremuur shoots a glance at Sekmun then back to Zelena and spits a bloody mass onto the ground. "He's going to kill me when you all leave, you know? Give me the chance to get away from him and I'll let you in on the secret. Otherwise, I've got nothing left to lose."

    Sekmun feigns innocence. "Kill you?" He shakes his head then answers Borric and Nathan's questions as he helps the fighter tie up Kremuur. "Just a bit of family business we need to straighten out, he and I. Figured it was best handled sooner rather than later. And the location of that compartment, and if it is trapped or not, is Kremuur's secret. I know it exists but beyond that..." He shrugs.


  • #203
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,968
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    Nathan sighs. "Ah, the joys of family disputes," he says. "Makes me miss my grandfather. Then I remember the bruises and I get over the nostalgia," he says.*

    "I was thinking it would probably have more essential uses, but if we need it, I picked up a scroll that would let me get a glimpse in Kremuur's head," the sorcerer adds.

    *Secret Message to party members, DC 23 Sense Motive for lizardfolk and thugs
    Taking 10 (for 23) on the Bluff check to send a secret message with that first paragraph. Translates more or less to "Didn't we sign on with Aldino to avoid being caught in the middle of an internal fight when we didn't know which side to choose? This may not end well for us."


    ooc
    See above for the Bluff action. Regular translation of the second bit: Nathan has a scroll of Detect Thoughts. Not sure how strong Kremuur's Will save is, but if we want to take a shot, he's game.

    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Wand dropped at I14, Glitterdust (5/5 rounds)
    In Hand: Sickle

    AC: 15 (19)
    touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
    HP: 32/32
    CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
    2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 4/5

    Wand Charges: 43/47

    Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining

  • #204
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    691
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Gerald007
    My communities:

    While the others resolved the interrogation, Syl decides he has to run back to the Lillypad. "Ive got to go check onthem, its driving me crazy. Keep at this. I should be back in 15 minutes or so. Let's go Waltor...this is going to be fun. Zelena, you can fill the others in."

    With that being said, the witch makes sure Waltor was securely strapped in, and said a strange phrase, and slowly raised off the ground, in flight. He headed over the fence, back in the direction of the Lillypad.

    Syl
    Spoiler:

    Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
    Human Witch 6
    Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
    Conditions:
    AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
    HP: 50 of 50
    CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
    In Hand: Nothing












    Spells: Arcane
    • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
    • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
    • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18)^, Vomit Swarm;
    • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18)^, Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
    Hexes DC 18
    • Cackle, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber on lizard man and one guard--None.

  • #205
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    The gnome nods to Syl..."I understand... Ral's blessings my friend that you find all well."

    She then turns back to the prone lizard... "Hey... I am not getting in the middle of your family squabble. We did not do this for Sekmun... it was merely an added bonus that he seemed to approve. We are in here for what is our... and perhaps a little compensation for our troubles after what you and your band of misfits have done to some of the good folk in this town."

    She gnome puts her hands on her hips and says in her sweet sounding voice, "Now you help us out... and I 'might' be willing to make a plea on your behalf so you can keep your scaley hide... although I was looking for some new boots..." She flshes a wry grin.

    "We do not work for Sekmun in this matter... and if if we let you up, I am sure he could take you down in your condition with little trouble. So letting you up and the like, would accomplish little save your dignity... which I could care less for right now anyhow."

    After letting her statements sink it... "So... what's going to be? help me, and I help you? Or let your kin do whatever he is going to do and I look about this place? It is only a matter of time we find anything anyhow. As you can already tell by your presentiment, we can be rather resourceful." The short woman looks down at Kremuur awaiting an answer.

    (( Diplomacy 1d20+11=21 ))

  • #206
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,574
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Borric snarls down at Kremuur, "I don't think this is just a family squabble. This fook is an extortionist, while Sekmun is a business man we have dealt with honorably."

    "This is me being diplomatic. Tell us what we want to know and you can keep your life. As for staying in business, that is another story."


    The fighter is not too concerned about the what might happen between the two lizards, but any organized crime boss that gets taken out, usually leaves a hole to be filled by some other ambitious gangster.

    "Money is power. We take all of Kremuur's and he is done for. I am not very comfortable leaving enemies alive behind us either."

    Aid Another (1d20-1=8)

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 45 Current: 63
    CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Inspire Courage (+1 Att/Dmg), Bless (+1 Att)

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Spiked Gauntlet/+1 Flail
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #207
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,968
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

    "It's a point well-made," Nathan offers in support of Zelena's efforts. "We're just passing through, and had actually just left your kin's employ. We'd not have sought out either of you if you'd not violated us. You brought this on yourself, and it's in your power to get out of this. Hopefully this time you make a better choice than the one that brought us to your door."



    mini-stats
    Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
    Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

    Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Wand dropped at I14, Glitterdust (?)
    In Hand: Sickle

    AC: 15 (19)
    touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
    (value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
    HP: 32/32
    CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
    * Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
    Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

    Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
    1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
    2nd (DC 17): Glitterdust (DC 18), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 18). Remaining: 4/5

    Wand Charges: 43/47

    Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining

  • #208
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,689
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Sekmun steps away from Kremuur as the group negotiates with his kinsman. He leans against the wall of one of the small buildings in the compound and just watches.

    Kremuur gives a curt nod and calls up to Zelena. "From the bottom corner of the door count over three boards. Sword-hand, not the other. Yes. The fourth board is rigged to activate the door of the compartment. Not yet; first, reach under the silo at exactly the same place. Slide your hand back. Feel the bent nail? Press the board just beyond it. You should feel it click as it deactivates the trap."

    Zelena follows his directions precisely. She doesn't see exactly what Kremuur has described but does what he says with no nasty tricks. As she finishes she is able to manipulate the secret door and open up the compartment. Inside is a small pouch and a small, heavy iron box. A quick peek and Zelena sees that the pouch contains the two gems she loaned Borric and a few others as well. The iron box is full of coin.

    OOC
    Defeating Kremuur and navigating the trap: 3,200 xp & 3,900 gp (800 xp & 975 gp each) plus retrieval of the two stolen gems.

    This is enough to put Zelena at level 6. (And Nathan isn't too far off.) I'll get the awards updated in the first post asap.



  • #209
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    The gnomish woman takes out the goodies after retreiving the gemstones she leant to Borric, which she returns to him with a toss.

    After bringing down the rest she looks over to Sekmun with a smile. "I suppose it is my turn to keep my end of the bargain I made with," she nods her head to Kremuur, "him."

    She pauses a moment to consider and then starts, "Sekmun, as you see your kin here on the ground, defeated utterly, which I am sure it worth every moment you see him so... and the fact that he ha did submit himself willingly after such a grand pummeling... " The gnomish woman is laying it on thick, "And is thus humiliated, his henchmen, dead or beaten... And with the only guarantee that I would plead in his behalf, cooperated in securing his ill-gotten gains to us, I humbly make a plea for his life. He deserves to live and perhaps he shall see the error of his ways and reform, help the good people of this town that he once terrorized so brutally." She shrugs at that, only half believing, if that, that such would ever occur. "Please Sekmum, spare him, show him mercy."

    (( Diplomacy 1d20+12=15 eh... what cna you expect when your heart is not in it... ))

    (( Yeah! I knew it had to be close. Level 3 bard stuff ))

  • #210
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,574
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

    Borric looks at Kremuur with contempt, "Well, he proved somewhat honorable, at least. Dammit, I guess I need to ask that his life be spared What about hauling him away in chains and shackle him to an oar on your bot, Sekmun?"

    The fighter pockets the gems and has thoughts now straying to look for a trinket to purchase for the pretty barmaid to alleviate any insults that might be felt on her part.

    Diplomacy (1d20-1=12)

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +4
    AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 45 Current: 63
    CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
    Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Inspire Courage (+1 Att/Dmg), Bless (+1 Att)

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Spiked Gauntlet/+1 Flail
    Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
    Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining
    ___________________________

    Borric Hawkins
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 21 of 73 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dwarven Dungeon and Mines now has DWARVEN AIRSHIP stretch goal!
      By FATDRAGONGAMES in forum Press Releases & Kickstarter Announcements
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd April, 2013, 02:04 PM
    2. Dwarven Monk, Dwarven Defender
      By wolfpunk in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Friday, 19th January, 2007, 06:43 AM
    3. Join the Crusade
      By cleaverthepit in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Friday, 16th January, 2004, 05:21 PM
    4. Crusade
      By Mistwell in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 85
      Last Post: Friday, 6th June, 2003, 11:28 PM
    5. First Crusade
      By Bagpuss in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Monday, 25th November, 2002, 01:38 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •